Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Southwest Pilot Tammie Jo Shults, Who Landed Plane Safely After Passenger Was Su - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Southwest Pilot Tammie Jo Shults, Who Landed Plane Safely After Passenger Was Su (310 Views)

Southwest Youth Summit Calls For Sponsorship And Partnership. / Commercial Motorcycle Rider And Passenger Dies In Auto Accident, In Ondo(photo). / Drone rental + Pilot(indoor&outdoor), and Training services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Southwest Pilot Tammie Jo Shults, Who Landed Plane Safely After Passenger Was Su by stellapatu: 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
The pilot who safely landed a Southwest Airlines flight after an engine exploded, smashing a window and killing a passenger who was sucked out of the aircraft, says she still faces sexism despite her heroic actions.

Tammie Jo Shults calmly landed Flight 1380 in Philadelphia on April 17, 2018, when disaster struck just 22 minutes into the journey from New York to Dallas.

The veteran pilot has now revealed how, despite being compared to Captain Chesley 'Sully' Sullenberger, who landed a plane on the Hudson River in a 2009 emergency, saving all passengers on board, she never achieved his status - because she is a woman.'I recently gave a talk and a woman came up to me and said, "Well, you're no Sully, but I'm excited to hear you speak." It's one example of a thousand sexist things said to me in 35 years of flying.' Shults admitted to Elle.com. 'After my talk, she came up to me and said, "Actually Sully is no you." It's all about perspective and how much information you have.

'Other people have said, "The only reason people are making a big deal about this is because you're a woman. You weren't even successful, because somebody died on the plane." I landed the plane safely though and I don't need to address it further. I did it. People can take the facts and work it out for themselves. Let them connect the dots.'

Shults had a phone conversation with Captain Sullenberger the day after the horror and the pair spoke about what she could expect in the future in terms of media.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/southwest-pilot-tammie-jo-shults-who-landed-plane-safely-after-passenger-was-sucked-out-of-window

(1) (Reply)

AMAA 2019 Date Announced. / Ijaw Youth Forum Sapele, Holds Maiden Exco Inauguration Party / Chair Cover And Table Covers For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.