Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Google Desktop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Google Desktop (1199 Views)

My Desktop / I Need A Desktop System Unit / Use AirCard on your Desktop Computer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Desktop by timmy(m): 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2006
has anybody felt the fun in using google desktop, another awesome innovation from google

Google Desktop gives you easy access to information on your computer and from the web. It's a desktop search application that provides full text search over your email, computer files, music, photos, chats and web pages that you've viewed. By making your computer searchable, Google Desktop puts your information easily within your reach and frees you from having to manually organize your files, emails and bookmarks. It makes searching your computer as easy as searching the web with Google

Get more here: http://desktop.google.com/about.html
Re: Google Desktop by Z4M4eva(f): 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2006
It's Kwl...
Re: Google Desktop by adim(m): 1:32am On Feb 16, 2006
I fell in love with it the first time i used it but with time when it indexes every single thing on your computer, when you search for a file it gives u a lot of garbage as in lots of indexed web pages that ypu dont care about which obstructs you from finding what you are looking for
Re: Google Desktop by mochafella(m): 1:39am On Feb 16, 2006
timmy:

Google Desktop puts your information easily within your reach and frees you from having to manually organize your files, emails and bookmarks.

Why would I want my computer in a mess and looking like a Kitchen sink? It's okay to search but Google implying that I should not organize my computer is a little extreme frankly
Re: Google Desktop by kenniy(m): 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2006
that doesnt mean you shouldnt organize your files. It could be a pain in the ass when you'v got lots of stuff on your system, even when organized. that where g-desktop comes to play, you can access them easily if you can remember anything about it. you get to appreciate it more when you use outlook with it, then you dont get to dig too much for mails, ,just remember something in/about the mail, u get it easily.
the news alert feature is also very cool!!

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Toshiba Tecra 8100 Notebook / Ubuntu Lessons / New Laptop At N70,000 + Internet Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.