Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. (855 Views)

The Truth About Football, Sport Betting And Fixed Matches That No One Tells You / What Are The Secrets You Know About Football Betting. See Mine. / What You Should Know About Football Predictions And Football Betting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by jamesfadairo(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2019
Some strange facts about football �⚽.

1. Zinedine Zidane was never caught offside throughout his football career.

2. Kanu Nwankwo did not score a single goal at the AFCON, in 6 different tournaments. 2000,2002,2004,2006,2008&2010.

3. Steven Gerrard has exchange his jersey with over 200 players, but never with a United player.

4. Alex Song ( Cameroon �� player) have 27 siblings.

5. Gareth Bale is one of the few players to score, assist,& score an own in a single match.

6. Lionel Messi is the youngest player to win the Ballon'dor award.

7. Ryan Giggs is the only player to score more than 100 goals without a single hat-trick.

8. Yakubu Aiyegbeni is the first African player to score a hat-trick in the UEFA champions league.

9. Mikel Obi is the only Nigerian that have scored at least a goal at the U-17, U-20, AFCON, Olympics, Confederations cup, premier league, Champions league,FA cup, Championship.

10. Mikel Obi is the only Nigerian player to play at the U-17, U-20, AFCON, Olympics, World cup& Confederations cup.

11. Mohamed Salah have scored against every team he played against in the EPL since he joined Liverpool in 2017, except Manchester United.

Which number surprised you the most?
Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by Abfinest007(m): 8:47am On Oct 22, 2019
Tammy Abraham is the only player to score a hat-trick and score an own goal

2 Likes

Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by Generalissimo75(m): 8:49am On Oct 22, 2019
1 & 5

1 Like

Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by jamesfadairo(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2019
Abfinest007:
Tammy Abraham is the only player to score a hatrick and score an home goal

wow
u mean own goal right?
Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by jamesfadairo(m): 8:55am On Oct 22, 2019
Generalissimo75:
1 & 5

it's really strange for an attacking midfielder to have never been caught offside
Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by MorataFC: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2019
jamesfadairo:

it's really strange for an attacking midfielder to have never been caught offside
yeah that is strange but it's less compare to a defender I read about of His playing career without a single yellow card.
Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by jamesfadairo(m): 10:36am On Oct 22, 2019
MorataFC:
yeah that is strange but it's less compare to a defender I read about of His playing career without a single yellow card.

You must be referring to Gary Lineker, Remember Zidane was dismissed for his reaction to Marco Materazzi in WC 2006
Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by owbabs: 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
When did Mike score a goal in the Championship?
Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by jamesfadairo(m): 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
owbabs:
When did Mike score a goal in the Championship?

He scored for Middlesbrough in the championship last season sir
Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by Smallboy01: 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
Number one is really impressive though I've heard it before.

Number 3 is also shocking
Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by jamesfadairo(m): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
Smallboy01:
Number one is really impressive though I've heard it before.

Number 3 is also shocking

I'm a manutd fan, I knew that number 3 since, Gerrard hates manutd with passion and He never hides it.
Re: Surprising And Strange Facts About Football. by Smallboy01: 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2019
jamesfadairo:

I'm a manutd fan, I knew that number 3 since, Gerrard hates manutd with passion and He never hides it.
His hatred for Manchester united is extreme, He can't even Xchange a shirt with a man United player, quite unprofessional.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

African Geomancer Blog For Free Bet Tips / Guardiola - It's Impossible To Control Pace Of Man Utd James, Rashford & Martial / How pastor TB Joshua Helped Us Win U-20 World Cup –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.