Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer (59773 Views)

Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium In Qatar Unveiled To The World With Spectacular Launch / 'If Someone Cannot Cry About VAR It Is Man Utd' - Mourinho Has No Sympathy / Man Utd Chiefs To Visit Saudi Arabia Amid Bin Salman Takeover Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by obembet(f): 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
The world's richest football club might just get that much wealthier... maybe.

Mohammed bin Salman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, is reportedly preparing a takeover of Manchester United that'll be worth £3billion.

And as SunSport found out, he's not short of material wealth either.

The son of King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, his family are said to be worth close to £1TRILLION.

That means bin Salman, 34, has an insatiable appetite for spending his cash.

The playboy has reportedly splashed hundreds of millions in the past on a fancy yacht, a French home and even some rare art as he lives a life of luxury.

It's meant he's also made friends in high places, including in the White House - where he's met President Donald Trump, who he's called a friend.

Here's just a snippet of his wonderful life.

WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE HOME
In 2015, the world was left in awe when an unnamed buyer splashed £230m on a stunning chateau in France, just west of Paris.

At the time, it was recorded as the world's most expensive sale.

Two years later, reports emerged that the buyer was bin Salman who fell in love with the 50,000 sq ft Château Louis XIV on a work trip.

The property has ten bedrooms, an indoor and outdoor pool, a library and a moat circled by an aquarium.

THE SERENE
Not afraid of splashing the cash, bin Salman reportedly handed over £380m to Russian vodka tycoon Yuri Shefler for his superyacht in 2015.
The Serene is one of the largest boats in the world, with an overall length of 439ft 4in and a beam that's 60ft wide.

But last year, she suffered some substantial damage to her hull at the bow when she ran aground on a shallow rock reef in the Red Sea.

HE'S ARTSY
Like any upstanding wealthy man, bin Salman loves his art. However, there's mystery over this one.

In 2017, it was reported that someone purchased a rare Leonardo da Vinci painting for £340m on behalf of the Crown Prince.
That sum made the artwork, da Vinci's Salvator Mundi, the most expensive art sale ever.

The report was denied by the auctioneer Christie's. The painting is now in the Louvre museum in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

MATES WITH TRUMP
You don't get much higher than the White House.

The Crown Prince travels around the world on political business, meeting some of the world's biggest influencers.

Donald Trump might have been locked in a battle with the Saudis over the disappearance of murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi last year, but in bin Salman he had an ally who offered him support.

In 2018, bin Salman visited the US President over the country's Muslim ban.

After the meeting, the Prince revealed he considers Trump a true friend of Muslims who will serve the Muslim world.

FOUR PRINCESSES
Despite his public status, bin Salman leads a very private personal life.

He was said to have married Sarah bint Mashhoor, known as the "Barbie Princess" back in 2008 and they have four children.

But he doesn't take her on his work trips.

"I want my children to live a very normal life away from the spotlight, political pressures and attention,” he said at a joint press conference with French President Emmanuel Macron in April 2018.

“I want them to live a very normal life, and my wife wants the same,” he added.

Reports in his homeland claim that he has a total of four wives, however that's never been confirmed.

Man United bracing themselves for another £3bn-plus takeover bid from Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7497210/man-utd-mohammed-bin-salman/amp/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by greatmarshall(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
Baba God please answer my call

179 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2019
Money talking

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by Tobinrobin(m): 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
See MONEY! May Almighty God bless all our legitimate hustles

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by sweetonugbu: 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
His life his wealth,to poor Nigeria fanatics pleasure is sin and bad

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by forsto(m): 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2019
@34 so wonderful.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by rexchazy(m): 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
Poverty Die Die die die die die die o
But this Saudis where are they getting money from, I cant believe is this same oil we have sha maybe our own is too black to see the light of the day

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by Goldenheart(m): 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
There's Money and There's Money... grin grin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by TechCapon(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
Anybody is better than the Glazier family right now. He should come and take over the club

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by solmusdesigns: 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
cool

Muslims buying them up like a real boss, while they scream islamisation like dolt heads

No wonder they travel to dubai to eat some Islamic sheet

Astaga furulai!!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by martevent: 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
Money bag grin
Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by omenka(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
These Arabs ehn!

See how countries that brought christianity to Africans, especially, Nigeria, are collaborating with Muslims to sustain a sector as critical as football.

Here, religious bigotry no go let us see road. Idiots like FFK and Reno will keep riling people up all for political reasons, telling folks how sacrilegious it is mixing with folks from the other side in one breath while supporting a man from that same other side in the next breath.

Religion has really been a snag in our quest for sociopolitical and economic emancipation.

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by momodub: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
Oya bring money
Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by Zimbola7: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Muslim buying up them like boss
[/s]
shatap

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by helinues: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
Arab money

MBS , Khashoggi's friend

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by tck2000(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
.WOW Impressive,before i turn 30,i would be Africa richest MAN not Dangote type but the likes of Gates,Buffets,Bezos etc. thats why i'm learning from the business gurus in this house e.g Ymodulus etc. and adding my knowledge to it.The then president of Nigeria would be excited to shake hands with me.

12 Likes

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by edlion57(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
Age 34 ...is like others were making money I der busy with Nigeria strike institution and sex competition of one year in the name of nysc

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by ClassicMG(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
I pray the Glazer family sell oo

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
Na wah oh angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by chudez0147(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
Dangote still dey find money O!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by sylve11: 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
Not bad. Anything to revive my darling club. cool

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by sheddo619(m): 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
After seeing this,one would wonder if Nigerians oil is groundnut oil

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by gurunlocker: 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
£1 trillion?

Ha wu shoe bee lie..... shocked

27 Likes

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by figure007(m): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Oga o ... Someone said poverty makes you price commodities for market and thats the truth ...if you see rich and wealthy people ,they dont price ,just make sure its quality thats all... E nogo better for poverty ... ..some of you prices 100naira tomatoes for market ... God will elevate you in Jesus name

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by Naijaarchive(m): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
48/34 shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by sheddo619(m): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by tayebest(m): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Asin, he is not even on forbes list oo! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by magnum247: 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
The kind money this people get ehhh......Dangerously wealthy people

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by tayebest(m): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2019
gurunlocker:
£1 trillion?

Ha wu shoe bee lie..... shocked

14 Likes

Re: Mohammed bin Salman Is Man Utd Potential Buyer by crazygod(m): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2019
How I wish u bought Liverpool so we too can splash money like Man city. cry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Dressing Rooms And Conveniece Of Enyimba Stadium, Aba (Photos) / Leicester City Celebrates Iheanacho's Winning Goal Against Egypt / Erling Haaland Splashes N250m In 6 hrs, N16m On Tips At Mykonos Restaurant (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.