Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,441 members, 7,853,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars (43505 Views)

Whatsapp Panics As It Loses Millions Of Users Over Terms Update / Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF / Border Closure: List Made In Nigeria Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by psychologygh: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2019
Wickedtruths:

If you Ghanaians don't retaliate, you're all bastards. You this worthless descendant of slaves.

If you're not careful, we would initiate policies that would send your miniature country back to the stone age where you savages belong.
why don't you rather initiate policies to lift your over 100 million poor zoo creatures out of poverty instead you illiterate.Do you know the progress Ghana has made to make life far better for its citizens instead of you to shut up and suffer,you're rather smiling and suffering. Shouting giant of the zoo ,giant of the zoo.Come on shut up over there and may boko haram eliminate anything in your way.Say AMEN.Do you have light in your kiosk or you're inhaling generator fumes that's corrupting your brains. And we shall retaliate to teach you zoo creatures a lesson once again .

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by miniziter(m): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2019
amadiwati:
Have talks with the Nigerian government. Set your industry here.

What about raw materials?
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by adenigga(m): 7:44am On Oct 23, 2019
tommykiwi:
Na Agberos DAT one go affect pass, na their brand.

They will Port to another brand, Bros!
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by psychologygh: 7:47am On Oct 23, 2019
UDZUBY:

Those protest has been a warning to Ghana for what is to come but you guys won't listen. You see your life now!
It lead to this one again in 2019.Oh and Ghana will soon retaliate and when that happens,we don't want to see any protest and crying to ECOWAS like a baby again.That protest happened because we just closed some few 400 businesses of Nigerians in just one spare parts town in another city called Kumasi.Imagine the outcome of crying and cursing had we closed our borders and all the millions of Nigerians living in Ghana and doing businesses. You would have protested to the UN crying that Ghana is causing genocide on your people,lol.Pray we do not retaliate.

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 23, 2019
That one beta
No more alomo for all these men wan die cus of woman.mix alomo and opa eyin togeda cus of Dem wan reach ten rounds.
Una wan diee?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Incandescent(m): 7:50am On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:
why don't you rather initiate policies to lift your over 100 million poor zoo creatures out of poverty instead you illiterate.Do you know the progress Ghana has made to make life far better for its citizens instead of you to shut up and suffer,you're rather smiling and suffering. Shouting giant of the zoo ,giant of the zoo.Come on shut up over there and may boko haram eliminate anything in your way.Say AMEN.Do you have light in your kiosk or you're inhaling generator fumes that's corrupting your brains. And we shall retaliate to teach you zoo creatures a lesson once again .

Ode! Retaliate & see if your economy would not totally crumble

Why are you so pained by the way?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by WrathOfHadez(m): 7:51am On Oct 23, 2019
saintokwuluora:
Nigeria forming China and America put together.
na so e suppose be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by klax(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:
hahahaha,these zoo creatures really feel big about themselves upon all these poverty and failures.1 million dollars is now millions of dollars and this is what Ghana lost upon all the screaming of we are feeding Africa. Hahaha.Better feed your more than 100 million poor citizens then.And pray Ghana does not retaliates

You dey sick for head. Just be praying too someone like me never vie for political office or become the president you Ghanian go hear am wella your useless arrogant country and South Africa has be in my black book for decade waiting to unleash horror on these 2 nation dont worry one day is one day.

Hahaha hahaha Ghana to retaliate Only retaliation you people have is the babaric attacking and killing Nigerians or burning their shops that is all you knew best to do because you lack shame so Mr man if you guys don't jump to the street and do same what South Africa did then you are all bastards.

I'm not a supporter of border closure at all infact I'm against it but you Ghanian should just f u c k off.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by executive12: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2019
Okoroawusa:

losses do not stop tax payment. If you don't make profit this year you can make next year but you must pay tax

You are supposed to pay tax on your profit, not on your loss.
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by don4real18(m): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2019
david22uu:
for once i am an IGBO man and i stand with Buhari with this border closure. If they cannot setup here, they should follow the right path
Set up in a land without 24hrs light
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2019
grin. Only buhari open our eyes that we are gaint of Africa and their father

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by nappy760(m): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2019
executive12:

You are supposed to pay tax on your profit, not on your loss.
type

Import taxes....you sell, you no sell...nothing consign government grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by david22uu(m): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2019
don4real18:

Set up in a land without 24hrs light

without facing the reality of problems, when there is no alternative, people will invest in power and power will be created

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by UDZUBY(m): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:
It lead to this one again in 2019.Oh and Ghana will soon retaliate and when that happens,we don't want to see any protest and crying to ECOWAS like a baby again.That protest happened because we just closed some few 400 businesses of Nigerians in just one spare parts town in another city called Kumasi.Imagine the outcome of crying and cursing had we closed our borders and all the millions of Nigerians living in Ghana and doing businesses. You would have protested to the UN crying that Ghana is causing genocide on your people,lol.Pray we do not retaliate.
Nigeria don't need to shout too much when they want to retaliate. We don't even need to close down Ghanaians shops or sack them from work. Just one small policy the whole of Ghana will feel it.. The 400 shops closed was only felt by those doing business in Ghana not whole Nigeria. Bet me If this border closure should continue Ghanaians will start dropping and dying by the road sides...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by SoNature(m): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2019
Resurgent2016:
Hope PMB realises that these companies suffering from the border closure will have less or no tax to pay arising from losses being incurred?

Nigeria is an import-dependent nation. We rarely produce things here. Our major export is crude oil, which is not shipped via land borders.

If we keep those borders shut for 5 years, the impact will not be much on the country.

But then, Buhari and his team should have a plan for the country while the borders remain closed.

He should fix our power and other production-enablers. This was a similar step China took to take its country to the next level. Today, it is challenging the almighty United States of America.

The Alomo company should relocate to Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by drey076(m): 8:05am On Oct 23, 2019
Truthbites:

It's not just to say I support Buhari, since he closed borders how has it helped NIGERIA? These countries have statistics on losses or gains of the closure . Now tell me, apart from shortage of rice and other products to us, what statistics can u reliably inform this forum on the benefits to Nigeria...how much have u gained? Please no propaganda and lies
it is going to favour Nigeria in the long run
1.unemployment will be reduced as some of those companies will be forced to establish a factory in Nigeria
2. Nigerians will be forced to patronise locally made items
3. Terrorism, kidnapping will reduce
4. Foreign made goods will be expensive
And so on

The border must remain shut till 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by executive12: 8:10am On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:
hahahaha,these zoo creatures really feel big about themselves upon all these poverty and failures.1 million dollars is now millions of dollars and this is what Ghana lost upon all the screaming of we are feeding Africa. Hahaha.Better feed your more than 100 million poor citizens then.And pray Ghana does not retaliates

Ghana retaliate?? What would Ghana do? Nigeria does not need Ghana's tiny market. It's Ghana that needs Nigeria's huge market. Nigeria needs to be letting our small neighbors know who is boss.
By the way, Nigeria did not ban any Ghanaian products. It only closed its land border. You can continue to bring your products to Nigeria's huge market through air or sea legitimately.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by don4real18(m): 8:11am On Oct 23, 2019
david22uu:

without facing the reality of problems, when there is no alternative, people will invest in power and power will be created
You don't understand. Some people make millions of dollars from stagnant electricity by importing and selling generator set. Those in the oil industry make millions by selling petrol and diesel to those using the generators. These people are in government and wouldn't want to see their business crumble by improving light so they end up taking Nigerians on a ride.
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by eenai(m): 8:16am On Oct 23, 2019
They should export to Nigeria through the port. Simple.
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by drey076(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:
please beg ur government to retaliate. Those at the helm of your affairs understand the consequences and would dare not say this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Ayiibobo(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2019
nappy760:

Try ole koko.... grin it's non-alcoholic
broda mi,na which one be ole koko again o[left][/left] grin,..abeg dem dey sell am for lasgidi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by executive12: 8:28am On Oct 23, 2019
nappy760:
type

Import taxes....you sell, you no sell...nothing consign government grin

Companies doing legitimate businesses are still importing through air and sea and are paying their import DUTIES. In fact, the Nigeria Customs are reporting getting higher revenues with the border closure.
The FG was actually not getting revenues from the land border smuggling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by mechanics(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2019
Lolz, imagine o, what benefit is Alomo bitters to human beings than the rice we do eat everyday?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by southpole: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2019
adedehinbo:
Who even allow that three trucks to pass shortly after the closure deserves to be sacked
shortly before not after
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by donprinyo(m): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2019
Resurgent2016:
Hope PMB realises that these companies suffering from the border closure will have less or no tax to pay arising from losses being incurred?

Who cares
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by executive12: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2019
don4real18:

You don't understand. Some people make millions of dollars from stagnant electricity by importing and selling generator set. Those in the oil industry make millions by selling petrol and diesel to those using the generators. These people are in government and wouldn't want to see their business crumble by improving light so they end up taking Nigerians on a ride.

That is why the government should ban the importation and use of generators for domestic purpose. If I were in charge, I will only allow use of generators in factories and hospitals.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by kaymart: 8:35am On Oct 23, 2019
Innoxxacs:
why close border? Who does that? You produce nothing and you close border, I'm tired of this country
It will trigger the producing spirit in us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Chelseafan99: 8:46am On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:

I went to Ghana two years back. Accra and Kumasi. Ever since I lost respect for Ghanaians. You guys are the most useless insecure deluded Africans. You Ghanaians rein curses on Nigerians I actually believed I was visiting a better place. I was beyond disappointed . Zero infrastrutute? Zero functioning rail system, dirty everywhere? Open sewers, roads with no damages. I lived the beach though. So o never knew how developed Nigeria was until I came to Ghana. You Ghanaians just open your mouth and talk anyhow. You want to be an African power when you know you lack what it takes.

The so called poverty Nigeria u talking about has the Ghanaian economy on bended knees. I hope Nigeria pulls out of ECOWAS so you can trade with Senegal and Ivory Coast. What a bunch of pathetic jealous idiots Ghanaians are.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Oyinlomobambam(m): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2019
soloenzo:
The Ghanaian Alomo Bitters Manufactured by Kasapreko Company limited through its Head of International Business Development Mr Francis Adzah told joybusiness a Ghanaian news platform how the federal government of Nigeria border closure action have halted its businesses as Nigeria is the Company's largest market.

He went further to say that more than a total of $2m has been lost since the border closure. Remember how the president Buhari's administration had closed the borders in August, against neighbouring African countries with the claim of checkmating the illegal activities which have to do with Smuggling of weapons, drugs and the huge lost of revenue from import and export tariffs through the activities of smuggling of food items into the country through the various borders most especially, Seme and Idiroko borders.

Kasapreko Company Limited, is the manufacturer of Alomo Bitters, a beverage widely consumed by Nigerians. The company is also Ghana’s largest local beverage manufacturer.

The beverage company according to report was able to transport three trucks before the border closure. But now, the company has exhausted its products in the Nigerian market according to Ghanain news website, JoyBusiness report.

Explaining the situation further, Mr Adzah said “We managed to send in three trucks of products to the Nigerian market moments before the border was closed.”

Mr Adzah Complained further that “In September, the company lost $1 million to the closure. October is almost ended and our checks show a loss of another million dollars. The situation is getting out of hand and very serious,” he said.

Mr Adzah said the company has been forced to try doing business with other African countries such as Cote d'voire, Senegal, Togo, Benin and other European markets to offset the loss incurred from the Nigerian market due to the border closure.

The Ghanaian products, along with Benin and Niger goods enjoy a very large sales in the Nigeria market as a result of the population and better economic situations compare to that of her neighbouring countries.

https://ngg.ng/2019/10/22/border-closure-producers-of-alomo-bitters-loses-millions-of-dollars/

Come open your company in 9ja if u still wan sell

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by don4real18(m): 8:51am On Oct 23, 2019
executive12:

That is why the government should ban the importation and use of generators for domestic purpose. If I were in charge, I will only allow use of generators in factories and hospitals.
They won't ban something they are benefiting from. The tax, the bribe etc. The government rarely thinks about you and I
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by ordbrandco: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2019
amadiwati:
Have talks with the Nigerian government. Set your industry here.

Open your factory in Nigeria yen yen yen. If you is it not the same country that thwarted their efforts to invest because it was a rising African company

Nigeria has always shown disparity for Ghanaian goods and business but no one talks about it

Kasapreko plans to set up factory in Nigeria  - https:///a2nbZ20Lc3

Kasapreko suspends N8.2bn investment in Nigeria because of aldutration of goods - https:///X6nFQaVc3T
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Innoxxacs: 8:53am On Oct 23, 2019
kaymart:

It will trigger the producing spirit in us.
really? Tell me more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ECOWAS Adopts ECO As Name Of Single Currency / Pady Adenuga: "I Got Engaged Twice In 2 Years, I Couldn't Marry Any Of Them" / List Of Top Markets In Kano And The Distinct Items Being Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.