Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Programmers: I Need Your Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers: I Need Your Help (828 Views)

Programmers I Need Help / Pls Programmers I Need Help / Java Programmers ,I Need Help Fixing This Code. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Programmers: I Need Your Help by Danwilliams4u43: 3:01am On Oct 23, 2019
Good morning nairalanders,

Please which plugin can I use to add a Courier tracking route for package tracking on WordPress

I design a courier tracking site on WordPress, but the problem here is that I'm finding it difficult to set up tracking routes so that users can track there package and know when it gets to their country of destination.

Something like this in the pictures below,

Any meaningful idea is welcomed

Re: Programmers: I Need Your Help by Danwilliams4u43: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2019
?
Re: Programmers: I Need Your Help by elninosft(m): 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
You used WordPress and basically you need a plugin for that since it didn't come with the theme.

This wouldn't be a problem if you wrote your codes from scratch. It would have been a simple case of creating an additional column in your MySql table where packages are stored.

Name the table "tracking_no" or any name you choose.

Then during the process of adding packages/parcels, you have to generate a unique random string of any length you wish, assign it to a variable and then populate the column you created earlier with it.

Then ofcourse the column where you have the package current location should always be updated with the current location of the package.

Then finally when you want to "track" the package, that unique random string you generated and stored alongside the package details should be parsed as a search query from a form to fetch all details of that particular package.

That's the logic.

You can implement it if you write plugins.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Electronic Programmer Needed / Tweck/edit Wordpress Existing Theme / I Need Help With My Whatsapp Messenger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.