Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Professional Advice Needed(an Ivestment Banking Career)---pros Help Pls - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Professional Advice Needed(an Ivestment Banking Career)---pros Help Pls (683 Views)

In Need Of A Professional Advice / Banking Career + Masters Pursuit In Abuja, How Tenable? / 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Professional Advice Needed(an Ivestment Banking Career)---pros Help Pls by mendez101: 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2010
Hi guys, I graduated about 2 years ago from the univ of lagos with a bsc in biochemistry.I want to start a career in investment banking and i need to know how to go about it.TKB and my other big bros on this forum abeg i need the best possible advice on how to channel my life.I would really appreciate your advice.I am 26 years and i made a second class upper degree in school.
Re: Professional Advice Needed(an Ivestment Banking Career)---pros Help Pls by violent(m): 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2010
First, saying you'd like to build a career in Investment banking is just like saying you want to become an engineer, the industry is massive with hundreds of subs, I advise you get and study an introductory article on Investment banking, that will help you to determine which sector you'd be most suited.

You should note that self attributes are more important than a background in Investments or Banking, you need to be a go getter who is not afraid to challenge his limits, you need to be analytical, fast and resilient.

This link provides a very good introductory detail on the Industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investment_banking

However, depending on where you are currently located, i must let you know that competition is at an all time high and there are lesser positions and more talents than ever, the industry itself is experiencing massive changes stemming from regulatory issues on financial instruments and fiduciary policies.

(1) (Reply)

Do We Have An Adoption Agency In Nigeria? / 2 Days To The End Of Promo / Eventmgt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.