Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

15 Days In BING Penalty Hell - How I Recovered From It! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 15 Days In BING Penalty Hell - How I Recovered From It! (971 Views)

Make Me A Bing Ads Account And Get Paid 2000 / Looking For old Bing Ads Accounts To Buy / Bing Ads - Quick Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Days In BING Penalty Hell - How I Recovered From It! by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 23, 2019
For those who think that Microsoft search engine, Bing.com is negligible, and unimportant, you've got to think again!

The blog in signature was penalized by Bing on September 3, 2019 and all pages were completely deindexed from the search engine.

Initially, I thought it was no problem, as long as Google was still going strong, but I was totally wrong!

Bing is responsible for both Yahoo Search & DuckDuckGo, and a host of other minor search engines. And been cut-off from Bing, means you won't be found on all of them as well.

The following 15 days was truly hell, as traffic tanked, and all stats were showing red. I promptly emailed the Bing Team, which they reaponded that such algorithmic penalty can only be remedied by the system, that I will have to wait for 30 days for review.

Then, I decided to troubleshoot it myself, there are certain SEO requirements we often ignore, one of them is lenght of post title.

And that was the culprit, I had to edit all the affected posts and viola, even before the 30 days given for review could be reached, the system re-instated the weblog.

Have you experienced penalty from any major search engine?

Let's discuss! cool
Re: 15 Days In BING Penalty Hell - How I Recovered From It! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
Honestly, DuckDuckGo & Bing's combine traffic is almost chasing that of Google for us!

So we don't joke with it. grin
Re: 15 Days In BING Penalty Hell - How I Recovered From It! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
And you'd never know the worth of it, until you lose it!
Re: 15 Days In BING Penalty Hell - How I Recovered From It! by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2019
questechie:
Honestly, DuckDuckGo & Bing's combine traffic is almost chasing that of Google for us!

So we don't joke with it. grin
Re: 15 Days In BING Penalty Hell - How I Recovered From It! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
Nice
Re: 15 Days In BING Penalty Hell - How I Recovered From It! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
ClixMaster:
Nice
Thanks! grin

(1) (Reply)

Listing Of Internet Cafe In Nigeria Urgently Wanted-please Help! / Web Application Wizard Needed / Review This Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.