Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi (37334 Views)

Swollen Testicles In My Two Years Old Son / Men’s Testicles Could Make Them More Vulnerable To Coronavirus - New Research / Baby Born With Four Legs In Bauchi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Islie: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2019

Belt of a grinding machine yesterday accidentally plucked-off the two testicles of a 14-year-old Junior Secondary School (JSS) student in Bauchi, Bashir Salisu.

Bashir, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), is a student of Government Day Secondary School, Tudun Salmanu area of Bauchi metropolis, who sat for his JSS examination (junior WAEC), preparatory to seeking admission to Senior Secondary School.

He engages in the grinding of grains under the tutelage of a man at the Muda Lawal market, Bauchi.

Narrating his ordeal in pains at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital (ATBU-TH), Bauchi, Bashir said the sad event occurred about 10a.m. on Friday, when, in the course of running the engine, the rotating belt mistakenly got in contact with his baggy trousers and pulled him.

“When my trousers got entangled as a result of the fast rotating belt, it instantly severed my testicles and inflicted grave injuries on my private part.

“The pain was unbearable and I was rushed to the hospital, where medical personnel started treating me.

“Unfortunately, the testicles had gone and can no longer be replaced; the doctors confirmed that the situation is irredeemable,” Bashir said in tears.

The victim said he engaged in grinding to learn trade which he could rely on as jobs were not easy to come by these days.

He added: “I engage in the trade after school hours and during holidays to enable me become self-reliant during and after my studies as white collar jobs are not easy to come by.

“My parents are poor and I need to prepare myself, not only to be self-employed, but also help them and my younger brothers and sisters.”

Bashir’s father, Malam Salisu Mohammed, a farmer, said when the accident occurred, he had to struggle to contain himself.

He said: “I felt highly disturbed initially but was able to collect myself later, believing that tragedies are ordained by God and must, therefore, be accepted when they happen.

“We have intensified prayers for his quick recovery, even though we have been made to understand by medical experts that his testicles are gone for good.

“We thank God that he survived the accident; he could have been dead by now and we must appreciate such luck.

“Our major challenge now is footing the bill of his treatment; we are therefore seizing this opportunity to appeal for assistance from government, individuals and organisations.”

On her part, Bashir’s mother, Mrs. Aisha Salisu, said she was traumatised by the ordeal of her son.

She said: “He had been weeping all through until now that he was able to collect himself. Seeing him wept profusely touched me a lot and made me to express some emotions, but thank God, he is now calm.”

A Consultant Urologist at the ATBU-TH, Dr. Liman Usman, said the student sustained injuries on his scrotum and testicles caused by the belt of a grinding machine.

He said: “His trousers got entangled in the belt of a grinding machine, leading to the complete abortion of the testicles and scrotum; both testicles were severed.

“He had lacerations on his private part but these were just bruises; the inner shaft was intact.”

The consultant said it was not possible to transplant the testicles because of their complex nature, adding that efforts should be geared towards making the student to psychologically accept the situation as it is.

Usman, however, said what could be done to address the psychological feeling of the boy, was to make provision for plastic scrotum, which could only be done in hospitals abroad.

He added: “What can be done is to attach plastic scrotum so that when he feels it, he will have the impression that he had his testicles intact.

“This is good for his psychological development, but this cannot be done in Nigeria, except overseas.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/10/grinding-machine-plucks-off-teenage-students-testicles/

1 Like

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by quietpoolsinn: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2019
So sad... Speedy recovery to you.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by KevMitnick: 9:32am On Oct 23, 2019
And the boy became a eunuch... undecided
Nthrone, thanks. Fixed.

To those quoting me, I'm not mocking the boy. I feel really sad that he's has to go through all this pain.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Facidio: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2019
Hmmmm sorry man, u can go on bleeping spree.... No concern for impregnating a woman, and mind u, u will be growing now more than the normal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Damn it.

Last time, a grinding machine chopped off a woman's head, now it is cutting off a boy's testicles!

A refresher course should be given to the villagers using these 'killer' machines.
We can do that at no cost.
All lives matter.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Baresco: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Oh em gee. Hope the student is alive

1 Like

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by GrandMufti: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2019

7 Likes

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by drips8(m): 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
That is just sad, he might never reproduce.

1 Like

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Sunofgod(m): 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
Bobrisky 2 loading.....
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Mpcoll001: 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
So unfortunate cry
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by wakes: 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Kai
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by id4sho(m): 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
na wa o, Ball less.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Blinkers: 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
cool

This should have happened to gender nonentities like Bobrisky instead of a hardworking young man emasculated trying to make a life for himself and family.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Oyikoha(m): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
kiss
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by ursullalinda(f): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
Na waoh ! The other day it killed a woman ....I didn't know it was that dangerous
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by explosiveskull(m): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
As an engineering student then, during my second year, girls are not allowed to wear loose hair, likewise men weren't allowed to wear a tie or a loose clothing cos the revolving machines such as the lathe can trap you with it.
So sorry lad

grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Jmk9292(m): 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
So sorry....
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
If government brings in laws that would stop the employment of underaged children, some people will say that government is evil.

The problem with Nigeria is that the laws are not enforced.!

3 Likes

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Lukina4real: 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
So he wont be able to perform again in this current Naija situation
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by mmadu5(m): 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
best news ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Orissodiq: 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Haa

1 Like

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by sexysage(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
No more room for konji again
Chai this boy's reproductive career has been jeopardized by careless on the boss' side.
God please save us!
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Blinkers: 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
mmadu5:
best news ever

I know you are seeking attention like other idîots here do. You seven, had to bolden your stupidity.

I hope your comment gets ignored!

6 Likes

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by officialfestus(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
Superhuman loading
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by vibbb: 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
The poor boy has been castrated.
Think safety everywhere and anywhere.
Sorry abt that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by abiolert(m): 12:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
KevMitnick:
And the boy became an eunuch... undecided
Will you keep quiet.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Princerichi0(m): 12:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
Nawa oo.. The boy fit even still be virgin. Wishing you quick recovery man.
Re: Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
cyborg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'll Be Undergoing Colon Cancer Surgery Soon / SHOCKING PHOTOS: Girl Suffers Burns After Transformer Explodes At Epe,lagos / Mohammad Ali Dastak: Coronavirus Kills Member Of Iranian Parliament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.