Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North (39452 Views)

Stray Bullet Kills 9-Year-Old Girl On Her Way To Islamic School In Kaduna / List Of ‘Torture Camps’ In Ibadan / Islamic School In Kaduna Was A House Of Torture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Noblekingmusic: 12:01am On Oct 24, 2019
Life in a Nigerian torture 'school': I was treated like an animal

Police discovered more than 70 young men and boys in shackles when they raided a private Islamic school in northern Nigeria.

Hundreds have been freed from three similar institutions in recent weeks.

Islamic boarding schools, known as Almajiris, are common across the mostly-Muslim north of Nigeria.

Parents sent their children hoping to correct their poor behaviours as well as acquire Islamic education, those rescued have alleged being tortured and sexually abused.

Rabiu Umar was one of those rescued from the school in the town of Daura, which is the birthplace of President Muhammadu Buhari,

Rabiu told BBC Nigeria correspondent Mayeni Jones his story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4U3V6TDpuo

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-50090698/life-in-a-nigerian-torture-school-i-was-treated-like-an-animal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Noblekingmusic: 12:01am On Oct 24, 2019
See More & Watch Full Video => HERE

More

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Bigflamie(m): 12:22am On Oct 24, 2019
angry
Northern Nigeria bringing weird things for the world to see.
A lot of mentally deranged folks over there

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by festacman(m): 1:01am On Oct 24, 2019
I have a strong feeling that most of the notoriously HEARTLESS bandits, cattle rustlers and kidnappers operating in Nothern States are either escapees or 'graduates' of these wicked informal institutions. No way anyone will come out this HELL with their sanity and emotional feeling intact because the wicked operators destroy their victims' humanity with their acts of inhumanity.

201 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by ContentedK: 1:17am On Oct 24, 2019
From a shiit hole indeed, not surprised at all... this wicked contraption must cease to end soon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Chukwu94: 1:20am On Oct 24, 2019
My beloved Africa... Who cursed this continent that made it this way..
Some of us really act as if we are not humans.

This is one of the reasons the whites still feel they are superior to us or they are a "more advanced creation"

Its so sad.... cry cry

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Ngwamankillyou(m): 2:12am On Oct 24, 2019
We should burn down the shiit hell called North.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by careytommy37(m): 10:52am On Oct 24, 2019
No, this is al-jannah firdaus cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by solmusdesigns: 10:52am On Oct 24, 2019
grin

what black men do to each other
Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by generationz(f): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2019
angry

Madonna university is next.

Create a shithole for children and collect huge sums from parents all in the name of religion.

22 Likes

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2019
And people were aware before now, BBC is the new eye of God

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by 9jaBloke: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2019
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Southern Nigeria and Nothern Nigeria have very little in common. That amalgamation was a monumental error.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by symbianDON(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2019
pissful people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by chukwuibuipob: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2019
cool

1 Like

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by tsfxtech(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2019
Hell is real

You will agree with me that short videos engages potential customers more than mere text and images. Animate your business today.
Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by saydfact(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2019
pathetic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Andhominem: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2019
lmr
Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by StrikeBack(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2019
We have TVC, Channels, AIT and so on

Na only to show useless program and nonsense convocations dem sabi

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by incogni2o: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2019
WHAT!
Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2019
Wetin concern me. At times, I doubt of Islam in my place in the south, saudi, Oman, UAE is same as the one practised in the northern Nigeria. Smh!

8 Likes

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Damntruth(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2019
In a sitting presidents home town,seems no one noticed that shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by iretemide(f): 10:59am On Oct 24, 2019
This is serious !
Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 24, 2019
Noblekingmusic:

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-50090698/life-in-a-nigerian-torture-school-i-was-treated-like-an-animal

grin grin grin grin These people are a relic of a lost age, walahi. It still amazes me how we came together as a country

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by Rosella1: 10:59am On Oct 24, 2019
The mod that removed this post from front page after moving it there should come state his/her reason! Or is it because it has to do with Islam? Meaning una wan cover the matter abi wetin? It should better be a mistake that you mistakenly press remove! angry

Modified: They yaf put it back! grin

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by abkrgumel(m): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2019
cheesy
Re: Rabiu Umar Tells BBC About Life In Islamic School Of Torture In The North by gaskiyamagana: 11:04am On Oct 24, 2019
Government in the North need to regulate activities of those traditional correction homes. They have been in existence long before now. You would believe it that some notable northern leaders of today passed through this school, not necessarily as deviant children.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kidnappers Of Catholic Priests In Plateau State Arrested (Photos) / Two Clubbers Killed In Kogi As Vigilante Group Raids Hotel (Graphic Photos) / Motorcyclist Lures, Rapes Pupil In Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.