Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees (2038 Views)

UK Visa Application Fees In Nigeria 2023 / Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk / How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 24, 2019
Did u know any good schools I can apply to without an application fee
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by electricpole(m): 11:13am On Oct 24, 2019
clarkson university saint Joseph university saint john university saint Louis university Dayton university Loyola university (Chicago and new Orleans) depaul university university of Vermont
try them out and give feedbacks
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
If you can't afford to pay application fee, how will you afford the other expenses that will come with processing your travel. Even if you get full scholarship, the school might not pay for your visa application fee and flight expenses.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by logan2(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
How fo you intend to prove that you can take care of yourself, when you get there even.
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by ifyalways(f): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Why pay for SAT when you know you cannot afford the most basic things :- Visa and SEVIS fees ?

5 Likes

Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by yemiosinbajo: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2019
Apply using Common App (commonapp.org). Your application fee will be waived if you apply for a waiver. It's that simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
electricpole:
clarkson university
saint Joseph university
saint john university
saint Louis university
Dayton university
Loyola university (Chicago and new Orleans)
depaul university
university of Vermont

try them out and give feedbacks
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
sexybaby22:
If you can't afford to pay application fee, how will you afford the other expenses that will come with processing your travel. Even if you get full scholarship, the school might not pay for your visa application fee and flight expenses.

Let me get the full ride first the rest would be sorted out by God's grace-- I have my plans...

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
logan2:
How fo you intend to prove that you can take care of yourself, when you get there even.

Through full ride!

By the way I would be opportuned to 20hours work per week.. This shouldnt be a problem
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
ifyalways:
Why pay for SAT when you know you cannot afford the most basic things :- Visa and SEVIS fees ?
Did u think visa and sevis fees are the basic things... As for me no they are not... I studies hard for my exam to get a good score which could fetch me a full ride... I think taking the test is one of the basic things...
Sometimes what u want might not want you
I have to make it want me..
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
yemiosinbajo:
Apply using Common App (commonapp.org). Your application fee will be waived if you apply for a waiver. It's that simple.
Thank you I will try that...
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Muleriders: 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Godchangemylife:

Did u think visa and sevis fees are the basic things... As for me no they are not... I studies hard for my exam to get a good score which could fetch me a full ride... I think taking the test is one of the basic things...

Oga.
Visa fee is about 70k or there about.

Sevis fee is now 350usd (127,000 naira)

If your schools require waec evaluation, WES icap cost $145 (52,900 naira).

If your school requires test of English language, TOEFL cost 50k naira on the average.

If eventually you get admission and get your visa,
You will still pay the new visa issuance fee of 80k or thereabout.

The cheapest flight from lagos to Newyork is about is about 400usd. (146,000).

You see all these fees above, no school in the US will pay them for you even if you get a full ride into Harvard or MIT. you have to pay them all by yourself.

I will reframe the same question that someone asked you earlier.

If you cannot afford just $50 to submit applications, how do you intend to sort out the other fees running up to 400k?.

I like your quote of what you want that isn't wanting you. But there is the other side called REALITY.

3 Likes

Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
Muleriders:

Oga.

If your school requires test of English language, TOEFL cost 50k naira on the average.

You see all these fees above, no school in the US will pay them for you even if you get a full ride into Harvard or MIT. you have to pay them all by yourself.

If you cannot afford just $50 to submit applications, how do you intend to sort out the other fees running up to 400k?.

I like your quote of what you want that isn't wanting you. But there is the other side called REALITY.

Thank you.
When my work or idea has a significance, I will be able to appeal to my parents and therefore

I have paid for my WES all these I have been doing on my own...

When i have a full ride all these above comes with ease
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Muleriders:

Oga.

I do not see any aforementioned as a problem...

I already knew i will pay for those... I can only convince my prospective sponsor with a full ride.
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by ifyalways(f): 10:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
Godchangemylife:

i thought nothing. . .
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Muleriders: 11:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
Godchangemylife:

I already knew i will pay for those... I can only convince my prospective sponsor with a full ride.

OK sir. Good luck with the full ride pursuits
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Rik500k(m): 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
Muleriders:

OK sir. Good luck with the full ride pursuits
are u a mulerider?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Rik500k(m): 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Godchangemylife:
Did u know any good schools I can apply to without an application fee
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by lasthero: 6:50am On Oct 26, 2019
Nice
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Muleriders: 6:52am On Oct 26, 2019
Rik500k:
are u a mulerider?
Yes. Proudly SAU
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Rik500k(m): 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ynm

1 Like

Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Muleriders: 8:50am On Oct 27, 2019
Rik500k:
wow! finally, i've been looking for a current mule rider to put me on

You are welcome. Feel free to ask me anything you need to know about Southern Arkansas University
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Muleriders: 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
Godchangemylife:

How far with your applications?
Its been long you update your thread. Just checking on you
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 20, 2020
Muleriders:

How far with your applications?
Its been long you update your thread. Just checking on you
I tried applying to few PWI schools.most black schools doesn't waive application fee. And doesn't accept unofficial transcript
Got some admissions tho but the scholarships ain't encouraging and doesn't worth it... I'm thinking of trying to take the test again bang an higher score and apply through Common Application since it's free... Thanks a lot for checking bro...
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Cvesta(m): 1:20am On Jan 21, 2020
Godchangemylife:
I tried applying to few PWI schools.most black schools doesn't waive application fee. And doesn't accept unofficial transcript
Got some admissions tho but the scholarships ain't encouraging and doesn't worth it... I'm thinking of trying to take the test again bang an higher score and apply through Common Application since it's free... Thanks a lot for checking bro...

What kind of scholarship did you get? What is your course of interest
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by yemiosinbajo: 2:51am On Jan 21, 2020
Godchangemylife:

Apply to the university of arizona. You need a 1420 for a full scholarship. They'll accept your unofficial transcript and they're on common app. Admission is still ongoing
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Muleriders: 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
In your recent post, you said you already paid for WES. why are you still having UNOFFICIAL transcript?

Wish you success and best of luck in your pursuit
Godchangemylife:

Thank you.
When my work or idea has a significance, I will be able to appeal to my parents and therefore

I have paid for my WES all these I have been doing on my own...

When i have a full ride all these above comes with ease
Godchangemylife:
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Muleriders:

In your recent post, you said you already paid for WES. why are you still having UNOFFICIAL transcript?

Wish you success and best of luck in your pursuit
yh I had a little delay in sending my docs
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
yemiosinbajo:

Apply to the university of arizona. You need a 1420 for a full scholarship. They'll accept your unofficial transcript and they're on common app. Admission is still ongoing
I'll check that out thanks a lot
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
Cvesta:

What kind of scholarship did you get? What is your course of interest
computer science or computer engineering... I do get a part scholarship for example I got a scholarship of $32k left with about $12k deficit which I don't have
Re: Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees by Mrshape: 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2023
computer science or computer engineering... I do get a part scholarship for example I got a scholarship of $32k left with about $12k deficit which I don't have
Hi how far with your application? It's been long you updated

(1) (Reply)

Canada Medicals Swap IOM Or Qlife / Mexicans In United States. / Baggage Weights.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.