Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive (32686 Views)

Man Escapes Death By Rope As Truck Submerged In Flood / Slay Queens Swim In Flood In Imo State (Photos) / Army Vehicle Trapped In Flood At Ariaria Market, Aba (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by TheRealestGuy(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
IamPatriotic:
Na by force to live in Lagos, these Igbo people no get place where they came from, why would they be allowed to block drainages?

And you know they are Igbos how?

What kind of human being are you?
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by sammirano: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
Two houses united by flood bawo
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by marostan(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2019
grin grin
majamajic:
op sotey u follow the last woman till she remove her top tie towel
grin
majamajic:
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by lorhema(f): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
sonnie10:
Which area in Lagos has the highest topography?

Ori-Okuta in Ikorodu
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:
I do honestly prefer Aba to this former capital of shit hole.
Thank God it was taken Abuja: Instead of having it in the land of the Afonjastic people!

1 Like

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by webngnews: 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Oh
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Angelfrost(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
FarahAideed:
Lagos needs help

Lagos needs decongestion... Nothing else will suffice.

With climate change, these annual rains will merely get worse.

Most of these flooded areas have no business being inhabited to begin with. You don't build houses in lowlands with very low water table, and expect not to get overrun by flood when it rains.

Lagos, especially areas like Ikorodu, Lekki, and Maroko, is sitting on a time bomb.
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Thegoodone13(m): 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
There is prediction that in 2035 there may be no Lagos again but Lagoon

1 Like

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by adenigga(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
Mega Slum

I remembered during my national youth service 2010, UN delegates told us then in Lagos business school that Lagos, Bayelsa will be under threat because of global warming, the two states will be submerge by flood, many were doubtful including me, my mindset changed during 2011 heavy flood in Lagos, the whole of Ikoyi, VI, Lekki and Lagos Island were submerged for three days, many properties destroyed, me and my girlfriend left our BQ slept in my Oga's apartment that night, even our security man slept in staircase, it was a horrible experience, thank God I left the city for good, no regret.

You are on point!

Mega slum from day one instead of mega city, I pray it won't turn to mega disaster!!!

1 Like

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Zzion(m): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
Asides global warming.. Lagos has a terrible drainage system. It all has to do with the Lagos state government, and to think Lagos is the smallest. They should take a cue from Cross River state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by boykas(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
majamajic:

I think say na only me see am... The op na bad man
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by surgical: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
FarahAideed:
Lagos needs help
That help can only come from God ,as it is it seems the most touted master plan is not working,instead of development what we are witnessing is decay,instead of the governor to give it priority,his major focus is traffic offenders,talk of misplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by blank(f): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
So in 30 yrs, Lagos will be under water? We need a visionary leader.
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
over population, people are building on canals and places where nature designed for water to collect, as there are no more natural drainage water must find its level, the water simply has no where to go, typical of coastal areas and riverine areas that were sandfilled for people to occupy.
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by brownbib(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
God help these people. Our Government is busy with irrelevant issues all in the name of political dynasties.
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by SURELAND: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
Mega Slum

I remembered during my national youth service 2010, UN delegates told us then in Lagos business school that Lagos, Bayelsa will be under threat because of global warming, the two states will be submerge by flood, many were doubtful including me, my mindset changed during 2011 heavy flood in Lagos, the whole of Ikoyi, VI, Lekki and Lagos Island were submerged for three days, many properties destroyed, me and my girlfriend left our BQ slept in my Oga's apartment that night, even our security man slept in staircase, it was a horrible experience, thank God I left the city for good, no regret.
the whole world was sand filled by God so no hiding place
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by IamAtikulate: 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
All I see are brown sophisticated roofs
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by MrBONE2(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2019
Zuki1869:
Afonja Tinubu have finished these people. Gullible sophisticated people.

grin

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Nuclear99(m): 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
Coldie:

I am disappointed at all of u. This hate wont take u any where
Come on shut up
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Coldie(m): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Nuclear99:
Come on shut up
U are insulting Lagos but u want to die in the same place you are insulting, y don't u relocate to your village since that place is London
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Krexpah(m): 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Truthwords: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
Coldie:

I am disappointed at all of u. This hate wont take u any where
If you believe anything on nairaland, you can believe anything. Most of them are not igbos. They open accounts with igbo usernames just to ferment trouble. They love to see tribes exchange insults on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by connkg(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
It's time to seriously consider high-rise apartments on high ground.
I also tried looking out for the houses of the chief, councillor, LG chairman, State House of Rep, Federal House of Rep and Senator. Sometimes, people in such positions live so far away.
Monies collected for their "constituency" should begin to reflect once the dry season begins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by powerkey: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
Lagos remains a swamp upon all the monies generated as IGR plus naija Delta oil allocation going to Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Nuclear99(m): 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2019
Coldie:

U are insulting Lagos but u want to die in the same place you are insulting, y don't u relocate to your village since that place is London
And how did you know am in lagos., or you just believe whatever you saw on someone's profile, I sorry for you, na your type Dem go sell finish keep change join
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by kikelomojessy(f): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
majamajic:

Laugh wan kill me . Am really lol.
Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by kedra(m): 3:39am On Oct 26, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
Mega Slum

I remembered during my national youth service 2010, UN delegates told us then in Lagos business school that Lagos, Bayelsa will be aaaaaaaallalalaaallllll"l"lll"aAlaaalaa1aalaalaaaaAlaallaAaAlaaalaAAAALlaaalaaaLaAlalalAaLAaLlaaaAaLLAaaaaAAAAlLllaaalllllLAALALAlAlllaALALlLallalAaAllAlAlaallalLLAAAALALAALAALaalaAaLaaunder threat because of global warming, the two states will be submerge by flood, many were doubtful including me, my mindset changed during 2011 heavy flood in Lagos, the whole of Ikoyi, VI, Lekki and Lagos Island were submerged for three days, many properties destroyed, me and my girlfriend left our BQ slept in my Oga's apartment that night, even our security man slept in staircase, it was a horrible experience, thank God I left the city for good, no regret.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive by Amudeneogu: 10:07am On Oct 26, 2019
NEXT LEVEL. I don't know why Nigerians are suffering upon all the monies governments are dishing out every day?

(1) (2) (Reply)

U-23 National Team Escapes Plane Crash In Accra / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures / Romania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.