Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester (2120 Views)

OAU: Students Prepare For Rain Semester Examinations In Total Darkness / MAPOLY Students Protest Delay In Semester Examination / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by lazkizz(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Pls nairalanders, am asking for a friend who needs advice

Lemme get straight to the point.

He just got admitted to one of the best federal university in the northern part of the county, and my problem now is how he is going to manage the little 10k his uncle promise to be sending to him per semester, for his feeding and probably daily runnings in school.
Pls guys I need your advice on how to plan and manage that money because there's no other way to get a extra income while in school.
All ideas are very welcome?
Can someone please give me a good example on how he survived with a low financial status while he/she was in school.
Like in details and inforgraphic methods on how much you spent on food stuff, photocopies, transport, airtime/data e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by Lordwheez(m): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
Braaa.... Hard truth be told, you can't.... You gotta get something on the side that's gonn drop you more

10 Likes

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by lazkizz(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
Lordwheez:
Braaa.... Hard truth be told, you can't.... You gotta get something on the side that's gonn drop you more
ok thanks bro 4 ur contribution

1 Like

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by iaamxavier(m): 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
lazkizz:
Pls nairalanders, this my first time posting on this forum
I just got admitted to one of the best federal university in the northern part of the county, and my problem now is how I going to manage the little 10k my uncle promise to be sending to me per semester, for my feeding and probably daily runnings in school.
Pls guy I need your advice on how to plan and manage that money because there's no other way to get a extra income while in school.
Can someone please give me a good example on how he survived with a low financial status while he/she was in school.
Like in details and inforgraphic methods on how much you spent on food stuff, photocopies, transport, airtime/data e.t.c

That's virtually almost impossible

Aside feeding you might have some department dues and faculty dues u have to pay

Also if you're a science person you'll have to buy manuals and workbooks also Little little payment

So I'd advise you to get something doing to support urself

4 Likes

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by Officialgarri: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
Do you think a semester is just one week?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by InansBobo(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2019
You need at least 30k per semester, contact more uncles and aunts to augment

1 Like

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by TheSourcerer: 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
People survive with less I believe your condition will make you do it too no fear

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
Is it per month or semester
Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by susrite(m): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
10k per semester?

LOL! That's an impossible mission. I'm sure dues would definitely take half of that

Mannuals would take... Wait! 10k? That won't even be enough for manuals.

Invest half of the 10k in a business in your area, even if the profit margin is 2500, you can invest the 7500 and get total of 10k. Invest the 10k and you can get 15k. Add it to the initial 5k on ground... That's 20k. Manage that.

Chat me up whenever you're broke. Who knows what God can do.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by DOMINO001: 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
I once lived on 10k per month at thick of the recession period. To be sincere with you it wasn't easy. For a semester? No way. Unless you want stomach ulcer to finish you in school.
Try this combination; beans and spaghetti, it helped a lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by ogawisdom(m): 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
It's not possible bc a semester is up to 14 weeks
Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by Karleb(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2019
You simply can't! ...and don't rely on that promise.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by lazkizz(m): 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
DOMINO001:
I once lived on 10k per month at thick of the recession period. To be sincere with you it wasn't easy. For a semester? No way. Unless you want stomach ulcer to finish you in school.
Hmmmm ok sir noted
Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by RPirez: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Go and sow seed for dem Daddy G.Os church... grin grin grin

E go turn N1 Milion in one month. grin grin grin

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by wisewordd: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
Get like seven girlfriends and you're good.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by onegig(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Let's do the maths.

A semester is 14 weeks.

That's 7* 14 weeks=98days.

10000/98days=N102naira per day.

If you eat 3x per day that is an average of 30naira per meal which is impossible except you want to be eating coaster biscuits and pure water(morning, day and night)

That's just on feeding alone. Won't you buy toiletries, recharge card or even pay for transportation?

You would still pay for faculties fees, make Photocopies and buy pen and books.

To say it's impossible is an understatement. I would be marveled if you pull this off. Kindly find other sources that can add an extra 10k.

8 Likes

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by DonHummer(m): 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
10k per semester or per month?....
Don't have a grl friend
become the course rep
start a side h.......... did you say 10k per semester?
better go and learn hand work, when you have acquired enough skill, start hustling then train your self in school.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by Next0: 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Organize tutorials for your course mates and others if possible; you can earn a learning there

Apply for scholarships, its pays

Involve yourself in important extracurricular activities, no one knows where they'll met their destiny helpers

Become the class rep

Study hard and have a good result, people love helping brilliant students

Above all pray for grace

1 Like

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by LoydJ(m): 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
#guy make Friends both Males/Females
for ur hostel some can help u in times of need..

nd Moreso make sure say for ur foodstuff na Garri Plenty pass very very important

#E nor get as Economy Tay bad Reach for inside Jungle A Lion must certainly survive.

Bros fret not u o survive for sch.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by OluwasureGig: 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
bro you can do it don't mind all these people telling you that you can't. believe it or not, there are people given lesser to survive with in a semester just have enough foodstuffs every semester and get an accommodation very close to school. you can always get materials and handouts from upper levels.try and be helping the yahoo boys in your department with assignment, term papers and all and they'll gladly show you love all the time. make female friends and leave the impression that you're fun to be around with but never make the mistake of chasing them. they'll kill you with food. trust me it works all the time this was how I survived in school, graduated with 2.1 and now serving.

4 Likes

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by Divay22(f): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
DOMINO001:
What's with students and this food self
Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hmm! Its possible but na serious suffering tinz
1. Try to b very brilliant.
2. Try to be very friendly so that u will have good friends.
3. Use 90% of d money for foodstuffs.
4. Dont have a girlfriend.
5. Cook only once per day n manage to eat it 2 times, in the evening and warm n eat it in d morning. Afternoon garri is also important.
6. Try to have a good cgpa so that u can apply for a scholarship
7. Most states give bursary try to benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by Eresco(m): 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
well God is definitely alive, He secured the admission for you am confident He will make ways for you to finish.
Please Anytime it gets hard out there please just chat me up or call we could be of little help. I have to siblings now in school n the 3rd about to join I understand

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by grandstar(m): 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
I'm sure you'll get by one way or the other. The admissions what's important. Just lose sleep over the rest. lazkizz
Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by respect80(m): 3:42am On Oct 26, 2019
10k?

5k is ok sef what are you doing with a whole 10k?
Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by davillian(m): 5:56am On Oct 26, 2019
10k a semester? You won't survive it...
Better stay at home.
Even 10k per month is difficult to survive.
Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by femi4: 6:22am On Oct 26, 2019
lazkizz:
Pls nairalanders, this my first time posting on this forum
I just got admitted to one of the best federal university in the northern part of the county, and my problem now is how I going to manage the little 10k my uncle promise to be sending to me per semester, for my feeding and probably daily runnings in school.
Pls guy I need your advice on how to plan and manage that money because there's no other way to get a extra income while in school.
1. Don't stay off campus ....its expensive

2. No girlfriend....you can't afford it.

3. Get a rich boyfriend...he ll assist you financially

4. Be brilliant and nice to your lecturers

5. Be the class rep, your free handouts are sure

6. Finally, be a serious member of a Xtian fellowship on campus .....they'll assist you as regards welfare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by ITbomb(m): 6:27am On Oct 26, 2019
Street!
OluwasureGig:
bro you can do it don't mind all these people telling you that you can't. believe it or not, there are people given lesser to survive with in a semester just have enough foodstuffs every semester and get an accommodation very close to school. you can always get materials and handouts from upper levels.try and be helping the yahoo boys in your department with assignment, term papers and all and they'll gladly show you love all the time. make female friends and leave the impression that you're fun to be around with but never make the mistake of chasing them. they'll kill you with food. trust me it works all the time this was how I survived in school, graduated with 2.1 and now serving.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by aminusodiq(m): 6:39am On Oct 26, 2019
if u can get food stuffs frm other family members.... u can still manage... 10k is highly impossible... by d way .. if u av a skill. start marketing it frm ur first year... u will b alryt
Re: Please How Can a friend Manage 10k Per Semester by DOMINO001: 7:08am On Oct 26, 2019
Divay22:

What's with students and this food self
Aunty, it's a way of survival.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Most Sort After Courses To Study In Any Nigerian University / COVID-19: School In China Return To Classroom With The Help Of Hat / Federal University Of Technology Minna Admission News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.