Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians (41759 Views)

What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? / About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / Obinna Ukwuani Appointed Chief Digital Officer Of Bank Of Kigali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by don4real18(m): 11:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
franciskaine:
you are not a good liar.
Before calling me a liar, go through my posts to see if I promote falsehoods. Ask any of your cv lose friends or family using the UBA and they will tell you. Do not forget to apologize when you find out that I'm saying the truth.
Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by banio: 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
noblealuu:
What is vexing me is that I was charged ₦50 extra for a bread of ₦450 I bought via POS today.

I have told the salesperson that next time I'm coming I'll do cash payment.

That ₦50 will make more sense to give to the street beggars in lieu of crooks in Banks and govt...

I think some people are just exploiting this #50 POS stuff. All Supermarkets in my area don't charge extra #50. But cash back points charge extra #50. I think the CBN needs to clear the air on how the POS #50 charge is being deducted, or I need to read it up or google it.
Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by fortran12: 12:35am On Oct 26, 2019
FaithFighter:

Hello Homeboiy,

Don't know what made u reach this conclusion about Ecobank. Please do accept my apologies.

I have a current and savings account with them. Besides been my most favorite bank, I've found them to be quite ethical and considerate in their dealings with customers, charges inclusive.

Rather than painting a wrong picture of the bank, why not visit any of their branches, social media handles, LiveChat on their Mobile App and website or Call centre (0705000000) to have ur issues resolved.

Thanks for your consideration.

I abandoned my account with them too, the so called ATM maintenance fee, i do not make use of their ATM, I have only used once since I collected it and that was January 2018 only to see monthly charges of maintenance fee, I reached out to them via facebook, they promised to call and I have been waiting for their call since last year.
Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by Enyimbamercedes: 1:46am On Oct 26, 2019
Then the banks will be posting billion naira figures as mid-year profits. Nigerian banks are useless!!!! This is a factual statement! Their staff do not have sense!

They've forgotten calls to their customer service lines with ever changing menus. Wonder why they change the menu and always put "to speak with a customer service representative last"? Ot is to keep you on the phone as long as possible!!! This costs you money, a lot of money!
Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by themanderon: 4:18am On Oct 26, 2019
Gforce2015:
Emeifele is the cause of all these transactions Robbery... when sanusi lamido sanusi was there, all these hidden charges were scraped.. because emeifele have stake in some of those banks , he needs to support them so that they can keep milking the poor masses dry....

E Ni kuure

Very true. Sanusi removed all including this fraudulent atm charge when using other banks ATM but Emefiele who came in from the banking Industry simply brought it back and now some banks like Keystone bank charge you 65naira from the first transaction which is supposed to be done after the 3rd transaction.
Emefiele as I have stated before is simply representing the interests of the thieving banking cartels that run the show and now the government wants some part Of the booty so expect more charges as whichever way you look at it the bank customer is f.....ked.
Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by Bradiyung(m): 7:09am On Oct 26, 2019
FaithFighter:

Hello Homeboiy,

Don't know what made u reach this conclusion about Ecobank. Please do accept my apologies.

I have a current and savings account with them. Besides been my most favorite bank, I've found them to be quite ethical and considerate in their dealings with customers, charges inclusive.

Rather than painting a wrong picture of the bank, why not visit any of their branches, social media handles, LiveChat on their Mobile App and website or Call centre (0705000000) to have ur issues resolved.

Thanks for your consideration.
Ecobank is a big scam.....I withdraw all my money last month because the charges where too much,they are huge thief's I pity those still banking with them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by CioAngels(f): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2019
lmm4real:
Access Bank comes to mind easy, those guys are just bad. I had to abandon the account for them
Likewise I did with UBA who charges ATM service fee, a times i'm charged twice even when i dont use ATM every month but charged monthly. Anyway, i have removed substantial amount and they have finished the balance and none to deduct. I guess they are waiting for me to save for them to empty. All I know is that the government is aiding organisations to scam people for the benefit for them to steal.
Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by Kay17: 9:38am On Oct 26, 2019
dre11:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/the-many-faces-of-bank-charges.html

The bank charges discussed here are not exhaustive. Let us know what you think as you make comments.

Bank charges on cash, POS and cheques might even be better for a cashless policy because it could trigger a shift away from the banking system to fin-tech platforms like e-currencies. I learnt tencent and Alibaba have payment platforms that render bank accounts redundant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by Powerexpert: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2019
Kindly close the account if you are not using it again. If you leave negative balance it will affect your credit report.
amagugm:
I left#6000 in an Access bank account and when l noticed how they were cutting it l refuses to increase the deposit.
They continued deducting the money until they exhausted it. I abandoned the account with them. They called me severally, send many enticing messages but I never returned. I was so disappointed when they had to acquire my bank recently and l find myself in their net again.
Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by 234GT(m): 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
noblealuu:
What is vexing me is that I was charged ₦50 extra for a bread of ₦450 I bought via POS today.

I have told the salesperson that next time I'm coming I'll do cash payment.

That ₦50 will make more sense to give to the street beggars in lieu of crooks in Banks and govt...

You were swindled. 50 naira stamp duty on POS only applies to transactions 1000 naira and above.
Re: The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians by Thazard(m): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
I would be trying zenith

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Moves To Purchase 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia / Innoson Wins Sierra Leone Oil Blocks Alongside Cluff Energy / CBN Devalues Naira From 155 to168 , Raises Lending Rate to13%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.