Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,882 members, 7,838,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41453 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Busybody2(f): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2010
debosky:

See me thinking I had committed all the crimes in the book. I see there are still many more for me to commit.  cheesy

I shall not rest till I have done ALL those things listed up there so I can proudly boast of my exploits as a Naija man.  grin grin

Come off it joo Debosky, you are sooooo modest, mingling with you, one would not know the lofty heights you have attained in your sojourn in Oyinboland, as a Collections & Recoveries Credit Services Advisor aka Call centre worker, after years of being a Waste Management and Disposal Technician aka binman aka akole/agbepo. This is no mean feat, i would not be surprised you earn more and live more comfortable than the Central Bank of Nigeria's Guvnor sef grin

Me too i can't wait to finish my IT certification and move to the next level and start earning £14,000 per annum as an Investment Development and Research Analyst aka technical helpdesk , i go bend people's ear tire especially the NIN's, on top say i don arrive, dem go take grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2010
^^

I am adding parking attendant/ticket issuing officer to my qualifications so I'm already way ahead of you. cheesy cheesy

Busy_body:

Oh please come off it Debo, you know this castigation ain't about people leaving Naija to go on holiday, but those selling their silverware and kitchen sink and souls to escape from Naija and then turn round to gloat, as if we don't know how they left or what they are doing living hand to mouth to "survive"  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I know there are people like that, but we were talking about cap28 who is a British citizen. . . .would he have to sell his Moschino jeans and his Ralph Lauren shirt to travel abroad? I don't think so. grin

The ones who sold their last pencil and biros to leave should be given credit too. . . .it takes a strong mentality to up sticks and run to an unknown place based on hearsay, either that or incredible stupidity. grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Busybody2(f): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2010
debosky:

^^

I am adding parking attendant/ticket issuing officer to my qualifications so I'm already way ahead of you. cheesy cheesy

Are we boasting now, can you claim to be a multitasker like moi with four jobs angry Education Centre Nourishment Production Assistant (dinner lady) for my pickineses' School, the Internal Communications Co-ordinator (office messenger) for Morgan Stanley and Director of First Impressions and Chief Happiness Officers (Receptionist) for KPMG

debosky:

I know there are people like that, but we were talking about cap28 who is a British citizen. . . .would he have to sell his Moschino jeans and his Ralph Lauren shirt to travel abroad? I don't think so. grin

Funny you should say this, especially at a time abroad born NL'ers/anchor babies stranded in Nigeria are mushrooming all over the Travel section (5 at the last count), seeking a leg up to check out of Naija grin

debosky:

The ones who sold their last pencil and biros to leave should be given credit too. . . .it takes a strong mentality to up sticks and run to an unknown place based on hearsay, either that or incredible stupidity. grin

If we are now talking of the vast majority of those who spend an average of £10,000 to flee Nigeria, i will go with the latter - they are stupendously and incredulously stooooopid grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

It has been said before but I have to say that clearly you show deep understanding of Nigerians and Nigeria and what are the REAL impediments to development.
Honestly when people here  blame government for their woes here I just scratch my head  and wonder what they are on about.
A country where too many people have this sense of entitlement that they are entitled to free or subsidized services without putting anything at all into the system.
Its free tuition, subsidized electricity and petrol, overstaffed bureaucracies and even at that these free facilities are still vanadalized and used anyhow. Witness the vandalization of NNPC pipelines, NEPA cables and federal highway medians.
In countries like Sweden where such welfare services are provided the residents are taxed to the hilt and have very disciplined patriotic citizens.
right right. these parasitic Nigerians then run abroad thinking that some free money and good infrastructure is being handed out to all its citizens. and then after spending over 10 years in the hamster wheel of running from pillar to post to keep up with the never ending barrage of taxation and bills, then they start missing home. they start missing the freedom of home. then realize that what they had wasnt all that bad. i have to say personally that from the little that the federal govt recieves from its citizens, it sure does a lot of positive things. have you been to obafemi awolowo university ? not a single citizen contributed any tax to the building and maintenance of that fine work of art. yet all the workers there are getting paid. the grass is always getting trimmed etc etc. tuition is somewhat free. etc etc. what else do you want the govt to do for you ? wipe your butt ? the govt, although corrupt, still does a lot of good with the zero contribution they receive from their citizenry. but parasites are never satisfied. they want it all for nothing.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2010
Busy_body:

^^^

You, tensor777 and Buzugee have just hit the nail on the head, OUR SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT, WE LOVE WAITING CAP IN HAND LIKE BEGGARS INSTEAD OF BEING PROACTIVE.

Once upon a time, my Mum used to moan about the road at the junction leading up to our yard and how much she spends fixing hers and my brother's shock absorber and exhaust system, which costs around N54,000 a pop every 6 months. I asked why she couldn't club together with the neighbours to get this road fixed, and the excuses kept coming thick and fast;

Mum: The Government are responsible
BB: Do you pay road tax? How much does it cost to grade the area?
Mum: Truckload of sand is N7000 a pop
BB: This is far less than you pay to repair your cars though
Mum: The neighbours would refuse to pay
BB: You cn singlehandedly do this mum
Mum: The rain would sweep it away
BB: Does it rain 24/7 in Naija? You can add crushed boulders though
Mum: People would pinch/steal the soil for their own personal use
BB: Aarrgghhh, i give up, keep spending N54,000 every 6 months then, na ya palaver be that angry

That was a while back, last time i visited, some area boys had set up road blocks/tollgate to charge every car plying the route, and guess what, not only did they raise enough money to tar the road, commercial vehicles also started plying the route, opening up the place further.

This is just a road we are talking about, same can be done for Electricity [transformer], water [borehole], schools, etc, but no, people would rather bury their head in the sand moaning about how the oil money is not trickling down to them,  just like those shameless jobless people waiting for the head of the family to die so they can inherit his possessions undecided  
perfect example you just gave their hun. the apathy of nigerians is staggering. they like to 'pass the buck'.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
Busy_body:

If anything is flawed, it is your intepretation. This is not a dead horse yet, nurture it and it can recover. Nigeria is not at the end of its tethers yet, we still have the manpower, the workforce, the resources, the land, etc all we need is moral and guidance and good leadership.

Re the zinc roof analogy, why not search locally for raw materials, instead of running away leaving the whole building to sink and collapse, running away is not an alternative, but a sign of giving up. Nigeria still has a lot going for it.

Oh please come off it Debo, you know this castigation ain't about people leaving Naija to go on holiday, but those selling their silverware and kitchen sink and souls to escape from Naija and then turn round to gloat, as if we don't know how they left or what they are doing living hand to mouth to "survive"  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And don't even get me started on the atrocious and nothing-to-write home about quality of British Education, churning out GCSE's who barely scrape by 5 passes set at 30%, churning out graduates who leave Universities unable to converse in proper English or spell adequately, blaming dyslexia, an olodo condition whose only cure is - wait for it - normal teaching lipsrsealed

You know if you can't get your child into a Catholic School or Grammar School or pay £20,000 per annum to get them publicly educated, you are on a long thing cheesy

Otherwise start saving up for stab proof vest for your pickin to wear under their School uniform and pray God blocks your child's ears and binds the spirit of curiosity when they start teaching them that Gay sex is okay from age 5 or when they start handing out condoms to them from age 8 or when they offer them morning-after pills on the School premises or offer them abortion behind your back and follow them to the clinic because it is your child's Human Rights not to let his/her parents know shocked angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i think you have said it all
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2010
Busy_body:

Come off it joo Debosky, you are sooooo modest, mingling with you, one would not know the lofty heights you have attained in your sojourn in Oyinboland, as a Collections & Recoveries Credit Services Advisor aka Call centre worker, after years of being a Waste Management and Disposal Technician aka binman aka akole/agbepo. This is no mean feat, i would not be surprised you earn more and live more comfortable than the Central Bank of Nigeria's Guvnor sef grin

Me too i can't wait to finish my IT certification and move to the next level and start earning £14,000 per annum as an Investment Development and Research Analyst aka technical helpdesk , i go bend people's ear tire especially the NIN's, on top say i don arrive, dem go take grin  

grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by blackcat1: 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
My only regret is not being able to save my money, thanks to Nigerians at home demanding money from me every other month angry angry angry angry
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2010
buzugee:

@ cap28, stop pulling out excerpts from my past words. pull out the full picture of what i said. which is i love dark skinned black women. that was and is my thing, till i came back into the western world. then the constant barrage of what the media in the western world perceives as beauty got me temporarily discombobulated and bamboozled. i do realize this is a problem hence my foray back into africa to cleanse myself of the brainwash. i dont need to exist forever in a world that brainwashes me against me. temporarily ? yeah i can hack it. permanently ? thats just mental torture. the perceived conveniences in life is not worth the degradation. and lets get one thing straight[b]. i never worked a fast food joint ever in my life. ill rather be on giro. [/b] as per fat trashy white women ? thats an american thang. in britain black men sleep with the best looking white women. matter fact, white women in britain consider it a privilege to have a black man on their arms. dunno how they got brainwashed into thinking that but thats how it is in britain. in america, they still have the whole racial animosity thing going on so the white women still pretty much keep to the white men except a few (mostly fat ones ). so get it right fool. you dont wanna see the women i roll with. some of you brothers on here are sensitive. estrogen having mahfukaz.
Well a lot of words there and a lot of wisdom- especially the bolded- no doubt.
BUT many people are having a go at you on this forum for your seeming love of white women and are basically giving you a hard time. No doubt some of them take it personally especially as they just may be female undecided
However although I prefer black women myself I don't see why you should feel bad about your attraction for white women. That is your choice after all. You cannot be serious of going back to Africa just to cure you of that "affliction" How exactly does that one work??
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2010
blackcat1:

My only regret is not being able to save my money, thanks to Nigerians at home demanding money from me every other month angry angry angry angry
At least you are being honest and giving a reaistic appraisal of life for a student or manual labourer in the West
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Well a lot of words there and a lot of wisdom- especially the bolded- no doubt.
BUT many people are having a go at you on this forum for your seeming love of white women and are basically giving you a hard time. No doubt some of them take it personally especially as they just may be female undecided
However although I prefer black women myself I don't see why you should feel bad about your attraction for white women. That is your choice after all. You cannot be serious of going back to Africa just to cure you of that "affliction" How exactly does that one work??
  grin  bruh ? i wouldnt call it an attraction to white women seeing as this is only a recent thing for me (post 2000). i only dated black women up until recently. i never looked at white women at all. i think it is more of a sexual fascination. i think i may have been over-stating it when i said that my main purpose of going to africa is to cure this affliction. of course i will return to africa because i need my freedom back but one of the added benefits will be hooking up with my sisters again. to be quite honest with you though i think the reason i turned off black women was because of their stanky attitude in london. like i couldnt for the life of me even get a black woman because back then i was living in a studio apt in camberwell (never mind the fact that studio apts were upwards of 100,000 pounds for sale in camberwell ). well the white chicks were digging my funky studio apt so hey i made the change, and now i am temporarily  stuck  grin grin grin . the nigerian sisters were only checking for those yahoo yahoo boys who go to belgium to bring in their left wheel drive bmws and benzos and who spray 1000 pounds at partys  grin i aint the one. i believe i was somewhat too conservative and eccentric for nigerian women also, plus my bad habits back then (i dabbled in the almighty weed) did not help either. so yeah it is a myriad of factors that caused the drift between me and the sisters. cant exactly pin point which one was the deciding factor.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2010
PStylish:

Are you m or f?

i am male, why?

And I still insist she(Queen) made herself vulnerable. She most likely had options but didn't take them. I mean what propects exists for some one living under a bridge? I do not attack or denigrate her. She made her choice to remain under the bridge and stuck to it.

Of course she had no prospects, however had nigeria provided a safety net for people like her she would be alive today.

Who is the "brutal and callous society"? We all make up the society. The rule in Nigeria is anybody else can be the victim but not me. Don't allow yourself to be a victim of the "callous and brutal system and society"
Thats why we are very spiritual over here. We keep praying. We look up to God for everything- protection, proserity, security, good (divine)health,spouse e.t.c unlike you guys who look up to the government.And trust me God has never failed us. Even it is written in the bible that "woe unto him(Cap28) who puts his trust in man(the government/society)".

in nigeria -its every man to himself, the multi ethnicity of the country does not help, people  allign themselves with members of their own ethnicity good or bad, if nigeria had one uniform culture and language it would be much easier to unite the country, our leaders prey on these differences and incite hatred and violence based on ethnicity, what many of us are yet to understand is that these politicians do this to perpetuate themselves in the corridors of power , many nigerians are being used like pawns on a chess board by nigerian politicians.

our "spirituallity" is not borne out of genuine conviction but borne out of suffering, deprivation and frustration.  the white man who brought this religion to us is the reincarnation of satan, he wages war on the oppressed, he steals land and natural resources belonging to others and he carries out genocide of weaker peoples, and yet he remains on top, surely if god were on the side of the righteous man the white man would be writhing in the deepest pit of hell but no he is the one on top, controlling the world and amassing his ill gotten wealth, why is that?

Government is vulnerable to failure anywhere in the world. The hurricane katrina experience is still very fresh in the minds of the americans(mostly blacks) affected. Your so-called mighty american government failed on that occasion. Wake up and take responsibility for yourself and the govt.

very true, but notice that the then US  president bush was castigated for his abominable handling of the katrina crisis, was he let off the hook for his nonchalant and indifferent attitude towards the plight of the black victims of katrina?  

do you think that a nigerian president would be held accountable for failing to respond on time to natural disaster victims, ever heard of maroko? perhaps you're too young to remember, the then lagos state governor raji rasaki - appropriated land belonging to the local people of maroko and sold it to rich army generals who in turn built multi million naira mansions on the land, the original residents who had owned the land going back 4 generations wre violently forced off the land at gun point, were any of them given any compensation?  instead they were forced into neighboring overcrowded slums - does that sound right to you?

Come to Lagos and see personal social responsibility at its best -  a madman controlling traffic when the lights are off and doing it well with everyone obeying as if he were a govt official or a lame person with crutches controlling traffic and getting tips from motorists.

what you have described is a person forced to survive in a ruthless environment that cares not one jot for his well being - should a mad man be directing traffic?  should a cripple be controlling traffic? what sort of society thinks that its acceptable for disabled people to direct traffic?

This poverty thing is more of a core Northern Nigeria problem. And I think their religion limits their thinking ability and compels them to remain that way. Also, their leaders prefer them illiterate so that they can continue to play God in their lives by giving them food and small tips from time to time and control them like animals. The state govts of Northern Nigeria apart from offering their youths 100% scholarship to study also offer to pay them salaries should they take the scholarship. Still many of them won't budge. Hence their higher institutions are mostly populated by southerners. This is not so with the south.

Keep making excuses, after a while you will start beleiving your own lies.  are there no poor people livign in southern nigerian towns, is ajegunle an affluent area, how about mushin, agege and mile 2 - how plush and exclusive are those areas?

the poverty in the north is equally prevalent in the south, however southerners tend to be more industrious and are always trying to supplement their living standards in one way or the other, but the bottom line is northerners and southerners are equally victims of a corrupt and evil system which exploits ALL nigerians.

As regards 1% appropriating 95% of the wealth, I would say things are no longer as bad. Anti corruption agencies like EFCC, ICPC are doing a good job. A recent report in our dailies credits EFCC to have recovered 2 trillion naira since its creation. People are very careful nowadays. Have you heard of Ibori?

Well thats you refusing to face up to reality, the EFCC is not a legitimate anti corruption organisation - it is merely an organisation which was used by Obasanjo when he was in power to hunt down, root out and put out of circulation his political enemies, you can't tell me that an organisation that picks and chooses who it prosecutes is a legitimate organisation.
if it were doing such a good job i think Goodluck and his wife would both be in police custody for appropriating $35m and N101 million naira respectively from the Bayelsa state treasury.

Any youth that has been condemned to illiteracy, poverty, crime and prostitution must have permitted the system to
do it to him/her.

no, thats simply not true - many people do not have the patience and perserverance that you have, frustration can push people over the edge into crime, even here in the west crime is rife and this is despite the fact that no-one in the west is starving.  

The Nigerian govt is not repressive. We have human rights activists here and there and they take on the govt uncautiously from time to time.
Also, you do not gain anything by fighting the the system. You only become hypertensive. You can only make your impact felt.

You have human rights activists who censor what they publish and talk about, if they step over the line they end up six feet under - remember Dele Giwa, Gani Fawehinmi, Fela Anikulapo Kuti?
ARe you aware that most nigerian newspapers are now owned or funded by the same politicians who are destroying nigeria, everything you read in the nigerian newspapers is completely white washed and censored.

The govt at the moment may not be able to provide for the vulnerable of its citizenry thats why we have NGOs (Non Govermental Organizations) scattered everywhere and they are doing well. Nigeria in my own opinion is poor. Almost 1 trillion naira goes to fuel subsidy yearly. So what's left with that huge chunk gone.Nobody subsidizes fuel in the US/UK.

It is not the responsibility of NGO's to provide social services to the nigerian population, many of these NGO's do not have a positive agenda towards africa, many are funded by western intelligence organisations and seek to gather information which is used to undermine our economy and destroy our well being.  

You were the one who asked why I left my village for Lagos.
Mind you, Lagos Island has changed thanks to the current and immediate past governors of Lagos. Things are far better than they were 4 years back and in every area.
Moreover, I was born in Island maternity, Lagos Island, we didn't live there.

As regards my dear Ikare, are pottery and carving the only things you could get from wikipedia/google about the city? I am disappointed. What about the cocoa production, its commercial and metropolitan status e.t.c
I will return to Ikare. But I won't be going back to Ikare as an ordinary indigene. I have lofty plans for her which God will help me realize. These same white people you have run to for "better life" will be on my payroll working my companies and organizations. They will run to Ikare for the good life in Jesus' Name.
By the way, where do you come from in Nigeria? Come on be proud of your village.

I am proud of my origin but im not a tribalist, where i come from is immaterial.

Nigeria may not care about me. I don't mind, I'm indifferent. But I do care about her and love her and will do my best to help her. I have good plans for her just like many patriots like myself allover the country. An ex-classmate of mine told me how he has volunteered to take a particular set of students in a secondary school in his neighbourhood maths lessons at some specified periods of the week free of charge. Its his own way of contributing to the society. I was highly impressed and motivated to come up with something similar.

Nigeria should care about you because you and your peers are the future, if nigeria can not bequeath a nation with prospects to its younger generation then the nation has no future.

Have you heard of NYSC (National Youth Service Corps)? Google it and see how fresh Nigerian graduates(over 80%) are serving their fatherland wholeheartedly and single handedly carrying out community development projects in the rural areas. Some construct bridges e.t.c.They raise funds themselves.You need to know how highly esteemed they are in these rural areas. They are treated like gods, saviours and held in far higher esteem than your whites. I was  one of them(we were called corpers) until July last year.
So you and your abroad guys should keep waiting for government to come and spoonfeed you. Spoilt brats.

Im very familiar with NYSC as i served in ibadan shortly before i left nigeria, to be honest those were some of the best years of my life, this is how i know that we have the potential to be a great nation, however we need leaders with vision and who are prepared to make sacrifices to make our nation a big player on the international scene.

Nigeria's economy is second only to south africa's and I expect you to discern why. The problem is we are supposed to be bigger and far better than what we are now. We have all the potentials but then a very great and highly successful Nigeria remains a threat to the western world just like  China is to the US now. They make sure dunces rule us from time to time.So the west has tried to ensure things remain as they are in nigeria because of the key role we play in africa. They prefer us sleeping so that we will remain their dumping ground. Am sure you guys abroad have never figured out that the no1 problem of africa and nigeria is the US,UK and France e.t.c. They engineered the devaluation of our naira through their stooge babangida and now they want him back again. The same babangida was used to ensure mko abiola was not sworn in as nigeria's president despite the winning the freest and fairest election in the nation's history. MKO had beforehand threatened them saying if he became president they would have to pay reparation for all the crimes committed against the black race. So they stopped him. They hand hands in most of the coups that took place in the 70s an 80s.
We home boys know our country and we all know and understand these things. Unfortunately you guys abroad just open your mouth and pour out nonsense about your country. A country you know next to nothing about.

I agree with everythign youve said up there (apart from what you said at the end  grin), if nigeria were to get its act together it woudl be a major threat to the west, i personally beleive that this is why biafra was crushed, in my opinion the igbos  are the most intelligent africans and a viable igbo run country with oil reserves would have been a major thorn in the side of any western govt.  Yes the west  definitely does not want a politically and economic independent african country to rise up - that will spell doom for their ongoing policy of neo colonialism.  Yes again i have to agree with you western intelligence agencies such as the CIA and MI5 have worked overtime to destroy any chance of a visionary charismatic african leader coming forward to lead, instead what we have been plagued with are CIA and MI5 sponsored puppets like IBB and Obasanjo, even Buhari was a better option compared to those two but of course he was toppled in a western sponsored coup d'etat.     But guess what? it looks like they are winning because none other than IBB is back again to finish implementing the remaining IMF policies that caused the nigerian economy to go under in the first place.  Why has he been allowed to even get away with destroying the economy in the 80's and 90's only to be allowed back  now to finish off from where he started??

When Nigeria sneezes, africa shakes.

On what basis? what say do we have in terms of our right to self determination? do we control our own economy? who sets our oil prices?

Who even said govt doesn't care at all? I remember some weeks back Lagos, Ogun and a norhtern state got 400million naira each from the FG as a result of the flooding that happened in their states that resulted in the displacement of hundreds Those displaced have been relocated and have been rehabilitation camps since then and taking are being taken care of. They will all get some form of compensation.

Hmm i'll beleive it when i see it, but with nigeria's track record with the poor and vulnerable i will not be holding my breath.

Also, in 2002, when the armoury exploded thousands were rehabilitated by the govt.

sorry but thats not what i heard.

Same also happened when Nigeria ceded the Bakassi peninsula to cameroon. Thousands of Nigerians[b] chose  [/b] t follow Nigeria rather than become cameroonians. They were all resettled.

again that's not what i heard, in fact i heard that many of those people ended up as destitutes.

So FYI, the govt has not been totally useless.

Q: What has the nigerian govt done for you?
A: It has forced me to put on my thinking cap

How?

I used to work for an Indian company as a technician until  I resigned on the 31st of August. The pay was terrible for a graduate.  I resigned via yahoo mail at 11:40pm using my mobile phone. Among other personal reasons I stated the following reasons for resigning:
1. Lack of interest in company's line of business as a "technician"
2. No motivation
3. Low pay
I had thought I would get a better job before resigning  but it was not forthcoming so I quit.
I gave no form of notice.I took them unawares as salaries had just been paid earlier that day.
I resigned to my business. I had been planning and preparing for some months while I was working. To date I have gotten 4 clients. In order to enhance my business I decided to study HTML so that I could build my company's website. Now I can build a simple website. In fact, I've built my company's website and I launched it yesterday without paying a dime for both the hosting and the domain to the glory of God. I have also configured  webmails for the company, myself and my staff.I doubt of you ever knew this was possible. These are things I've never done before and nobody put me through.  just thank God.

Its a humble beginning for me. And I know where I am going. I will get there in Jesus' Name.

With all pleasure,  I enjoin you to visit www.gtelecoms.x10.mx

And there are so many youths doing one great thing or the over all over the place.
Trust me Cap28, nobody is waiting for the government.

well, good for you, you sound hard working and intelligent but i can  assure you that you need more than that to survive in this life, and this is where your govt comes in, it is their responsibility to assist people like you who obviously have the intelligence and the right mindset to make something of themselves, there is only so much that you can do as an individual.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2010
cap28:

I am proud of my origin but im not a tribalist, where i come from is immaterial.

Funny you should say that you are not a tribalist as you have such reactionary retrogressive views. I have already marked you as a diehard ethnic irredentist and you words on this post confirm this.
Its all about Biafra, Hausa Fulani domination, Igbo run country, White domination etc etc. If that is not tribal politics then what is?? You think tribalism is about social interaction in Nigeria? No
Its about how far your own ethnic group shapes your ideology and your voting preferences.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2010
buzugee:

. the nigerian sisters were only checking for those yahoo yahoo boys who go to belgium to bring in their left wheel drive bmws and benzos and who spray 1000 pounds at partys  grin i aint the one. i believe i was somewhat too conservative and eccentric for nigerian women also, plus my bad habits back then (i dabbled in the almighty weed) did not help either. so yeah it is a myriad of factors that caused the drift between me and the sisters. cant exactly pin point which one was the deciding factor.
Well its good you've decided to lay off that stuff or you could have been thinking there was a black woman conspiracy against you!! Whilst it was just that those class of girls you were after were going for the gangster types. angry
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Well its good you've decided to lay off that stuff or you could have been thinking there was a black woman conspiracy against you!! Whilst it was just that those class of girls you were after were going for the gangster types. angry
   grin it is what it is. the cookie has crumbled the way it is supposed to crumble. however i am keeping my eye open for beyonce and sanaa lathan or maybe some tribal woman in my village who can make a mean pot of egusi soup  grin
you know smoking weed is actually not as bad as people make it out to be if you can control your intake to a few drags, and do it only once a week. i find that when i do it ? (when i did it ) it opened up my brain. they say human beings only use 10 percent of their brain ? weed ups it to 50 percent of your brain. you get enlightenment from it. the greatest inventions in this world have been created by men inspired by weed.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2010
you know smoking weed is actually not as bad as people make it out to be if you can control your intake to a few drags, and do it only once a week. i find that when i do it ? (when i did it ) it opened up my brain. they say human beings only use 10 percent of their brain ? weed ups it to 50 percent of your brain. you get enlightenment from it. the greatest inventions in this world have been created by men inspired by weed.

Bros you are a clown. I've never heard any retired weeder talk like this. What an insight into the world of weed. Thank God you've stopped. May God keep you from it for life.

Some have said no one can ever stop weeding once addicted to it. Is it true?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2010
buzugee:

grin it is what it is. the cookie has crumbled the way it is supposed to crumble. however i am keeping my eye open for beyonce and sanaa lathan or maybe some tribal woman in my village who can make a mean pot of egusi soup grin
Old boy just leave that side. If that is so how come that though it is prevalent in Nigeria, the addicts have yet to come up with great inventions.
It does give paranoia and delusions of grandeur though.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
PStylish:

Bros you are a clown. I've never heard any retired weeder talk like this. What an insight into the world of weed. Thank God you've stopped. May God keep you from it for life.

Some have said no one can ever stop weeding once addicted to it. Is it true?
grin you know that more nigerians smoke weed than you would ever imagine. there was this jamaican place on coldharbor lane in brixton. downstairs was a pool hall. in that pool hall you can purchase and smoke your weed. the place was littered with nigerians from all walks of life in their suits, and uniforms etc and ranging in age from about 18 to about 60. very eye opening experience grin
in my defense though i wasnt actually what you would call a weed head. i was more like a recreational user. nothing heavy. grin i dont think there is an addiction to weed as much as a convenient dependence on it. it can be stopped anytime with no side effects. you may desire it when you get bored but i wouldnt call it an addiction. ya dig ? some people just like the feeling of euphoria and enlightenment that it provides. or maybe i am just speaking for myself cuz i never saw it as an addiction. more like, ok i am bored and i need to change my mood, type thing. grin thanks for the prayer though
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:26pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Old boy just leave that side. If that is so how come that though it is prevalent in Nigeria, the addicts have yet to come up with great inventions.
It does give paranoia and delusions of grandeur though.
lol let me explain how this works. something in the weed increases your blood circulation. the blood circulation to your brain is increased. this opens up your thinking faculty but the bood circulation is also increased in the stomach so that you get hungry and feel like munching. now what a great thinker will do to maximize his thinking faculty is to eat lots of good healthy food during this period of increased circulation to the stomach and the brain. then what happens is that the nutrients hit the blood stream and the brain faster than normal. this is how inventions are created. the nourished brain is firing on all synapses. now the guys in nigeria who smoke it ? when they smoke the weed, they do not eat any nourishing food. they may smoke the weed and then go drink a bottle of gulder to quench the thirst it induces. so in short, while the body is at its peak of demanding and screaming out for nutrients because of the increased circulation, you feed it with gulder and cabin biscuit or whatever. this is not the stuff that geniuses are made off.  grin

if you have ever studied weed smokers, you will know that there are 2 types of weed smokers physically speaking. you have the ones who look extremely healthy, clear clean skin, very vibrant and together. then you have the ones who look slow and have dry skin, emaciated, and broody. the difference between those 2 types is what they are feeding their body when high.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:48pm On Nov 19, 2010
wesley snipes thrown in jail for 3 years for forgetting to file his taxes http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101119/ap_on_en_mo/us_snipes_tax_trial this is what happens to you in a society that diligently collects its taxes so you can have your water, light and all that other stuff. you lose your freedom both spiritually and physically. you are basically a prisoner. forget to pay your property taxes and the house aint yours no more. harsh way to live
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by isalegan2: 12:22am On Nov 20, 2010
cap28:

in nigeria -its every man to himself, the multi ethnicity of the country does not help, people  allign themselves with members of their own ethnicity good or bad, if nigeria had one uniform culture and language it would be much easier to unite the country, our leaders prey on these differences and incite hatred and violence based on ethnicity, what many of us are yet to understand is that these politicians do this to perpetuate themselves in the corridors of power , many nigerians are being used like pawns on a chess board by nigerian politicians.

our "spirituallity" is not borne out of genuine conviction but borne out of suffering, deprivation and frustration.  the white man who brought this religion to us is the reincarnation of satan, he wages war on the oppressed, he steals land and natural resources belonging to others and he carries out genocide of weaker peoples, and yet he remains on top, surely if god were on the side of the righteous man the white man would be writhing in the deepest pit of hell but no he is the one on top, controlling the world and amassing his ill gotten wealth, why is that?

the poverty in the north is equally prevalent in the south, however southerners tend to be more industrious and are always trying to supplement their living standards in one way or the other, but the bottom line is northerners and southerners are equally victims of a corrupt and evil system which exploits ALL nigerians.

if nigeria were to get its act together it woudl be a major threat to the west, i personally beleive that this is why biafra was crushed, in my opinion the igbos  are the most intelligent africans and a viable igbo run country with oil reserves would have been a major thorn in the side of any western govt.  Yes the west  definitely does not want a politically and economic independent african country to rise up - that will spell doom for their ongoing policy of neo colonialism.  Yes again i have to agree with you western intelligence agencies such as the CIA and MI5 have worked overtime to destroy any chance of a visionary charismatic african leader coming forward to lead, instead what we have been plagued with are CIA and MI5 sponsored puppets like IBB and Obasanjo, even Buhari was a better option compared to those two but of course he was toppled in a western sponsored coup d'etat.     But guess what? it looks like they are winning because none other than IBB is back again to finish implementing the remaining IMF policies that caused the nigerian economy to go under in the first place.  Why has he been allowed to even get away with destroying the economy in the 80's and 90's only to be allowed back  now to finish off from where he started??  

Cap,
When you're able, please reply to my earlier post in the other thread.  (You may have to search my posts.) Merci beaucoup!
-Isale Gangan
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 12:31am On Nov 20, 2010
buzugee:

wesley snipes thrown in jail for 3 years for forgetting to file his taxes http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101119/ap_on_en_mo/us_snipes_tax_trial this is what happens to you in a society that diligently collects its taxes so you can have your water, light and all that other stuff. you lose your freedom both spiritually and physically. you are basically a prisoner. forget to pay your property taxes and the house aint yours no more. harsh way to live

More ridiculous nonsense. . . . .so it's a harsh way to live to pay taxes to enjoy benefits of the taxes? I guess you'd prefer a system where you don't pay taxes and are at the mercy of the whims of government officials who decide whether you have electricity or not to run your small business.

Yeah a prisoner, while those locked in poverty because of high petrol and generator costs to run their businesses without paying taxes are living in heaven.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 1:18am On Nov 20, 2010
isale_gan2:

Cap,
When you're able, please reply to my earlier post in the other thread.  (You may have to search my posts.) Merci beaucoup!
-Isale Gangan

Hey isale how you dey? which post was that post the link for me and ill reply to it.

take care
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by footreja: 1:40am On Nov 20, 2010

Quote from Ishit4body on November 18, 2010, 08:50 PM »

Full of hate? For who? You or someone else? I can feed you conviniently. and beside- do you know where i live? You must be a beaf eating maggot.

@ ishit4body, sorry for exposing your foolishness. Don't take it personal, i just tried to let you know that not all Nairalanders are cretins like you.
So you can feed the person you Know nothing about?  grin  Concerning where you live, Yes i know, A BROTHEL. 
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ishit4body(f): 1:42am On Nov 20, 2010
is that all you can say? I put them all in the bin and looks the other way while you continue to rave mad.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by fstranger: 1:57am On Nov 20, 2010
ishit4body:

is that all you can say? I put them all in the bin and looks the other way while you continue to rave mad.

Hey Ishit, When imma hit your spot G?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by isalegan2: 2:30am On Nov 20, 2010
cap28:

Hey isale how you dey? which post was that post the link for me and ill reply to it.

take care

Click on my moniker; Scroll down; Click to see posts; Scan.
Ya can't miss it, Cap28.  wink
I don't want to attract the crazies.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2010
debosky:

More ridiculous nonsense. . . . .so it's a harsh way to live to pay taxes to enjoy benefits of the taxes? I guess you'd prefer a system where you don't pay taxes and are at the mercy of the whims of government officials who decide whether you have electricity or not to run your small business.

Yeah a prisoner, while those locked in poverty because of high petrol and generator costs to run their businesses without paying taxes are living in heaven.

What do I care if they give me electricity or not, so far as nobody comes nocking on doors to collect any money, they are safe.
In Nigeria, communites now contribute money to build hospitals and pay doctors to work there, the ministry of health can go to blazes.
There are private schools to cater for you from nursery to your third degree, the education minister can go take a hike.
There are all shapes and sizes of generating sets for companies and homes to choose from, who will be stooopid enough to depend on nepa? Nepa charges like 6 dollars per one house, (even if you own an eleven bedroom duplex with BQ behind it and a large supermarket for madam in front of the house. All for 6 dollars per month!) Is that why I should get annoyed because they takes my light?
Communities sink boreholes on their own and maintain them, most homes have wells, plus there is still compounds where taps still run, and the water corporation is none the wiser for it! Just free water!
Most roads are bad, but we still gather on weekends and repair the ones leading to our houses the best we can, and drive on it without incident. Damn the ministry of works.

All am saying is that it will amount to double wahala for us to pay for those amenities and the thieves in govt embezzle the money like you know they will. Better for them to leave us the way we are, freedom is swee sha. Even for those small businesses, some have removed nepa cables totally and mounted lister generators.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2010
debosky:

bruh ? when the elderly (over 65 years old ) in your country, in their feeble and weak years, have to sell everything they own and run out of the country they have been used to all their lives simply because they cannot afford it anymore because they are no longer earning. they cannot afford the property taxes, the healthcare costs, the bills, etc etc, you dont think this is a harsh system ? the elderly americans are all, in their vulnerable state, running to retire in crime infested mexico, costa rica, guatemala, cuba, etc etc because they can no longer afford to live in their country anymore. you dont think this is a harsh system ? the ones in britain are all running to south africa, morroco, spain, etc etc. let me tell you about our parents in africa. their house is paid for. their cars are paid for. they dont have to pay nothing to nobody. they sit in their homes with rest of mind. relaxing and chilling. nice chilled retirement. they dont have to pay property taxes, road tax, auto insurance, property insurance, healthcare, tv license, council tax, MOT, gas bill, light bill etc etc. all they have to buy is food. aint that a beautiful thang ? isnt this how you will like to retire ?

let me tell you the only thing that is preventing millions of white people from crashing through nigerias borders for permanent immigration ? because it is a black country. thats the only reason why. if nigeria was a white country, with the kind of system we have ? we will have to employ border control and adopt immigration policies because we will be mobbed by millions of white people. white people deep down inside them love our system. they tolerate their own system but they find it too regimented. that is why millions of white people (mostly young in their twenties, thirties and forties ) are running out of america and britain and running to GOA in india to live the nigerian lifestyle (hippyish) of no bills and complete freedom. they are trooping in their millions out of america and britain to GOA where they all just erect tents or build shacks, some rent flats, and just live a non-regimented life. they dont like their own system. that is why they are always depressed, maniacal and suicidal. the only thing stopping nigeria from being the next GOA is because it is a black nation full of crazy people. the only other black nations that they are not really scared of like ghana and kenya and angola ? they are all trooping their in masses and demanding for permanent residency.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2010
buzugees response: nicca shut your belligerent azz up. let me ask you a personal question ? when you lived in nigeria did you pay your NEPA bills on-time ? did you or your parents pay your property taxes ? did you pay your water bills ? did you pay any road tax ? or where you the typical naija person who dodges paying bills and then calls the electrician to hook you back up after Nepa has cut you off ? am sick and tired of all you fugazy azz niccas who expect to receive the whole world but give nothing back in return. what do you think ? the nigerian govt is running a charity or something ?

buzugee  you are one of the most confused human beings on the face of this planet!!!

so in your muddled mind you think that the nigerian govt does not owe its citizenry anything - we are talking about a govt which has a taxation system which is flawed from the bottom up - yes, there are a issues around tax collection but the real problem is that the FGN does not use tax revenue for the purpose that it is meant for.

you mahfukaz moan all day long about what you are not getting but yet you refuse to pay for anything. the system in britain and america is the way it is because the citizens pay into it diligently. no free meals in this world. you gotta give to receive. now me personally ? if you asked me to choose between a system where i am a master of my own destiny. i am in control of my own bills. no govt intrusion whatsoever in my life. i am totally free. i dont sleep dreaming about all the bills i have to pay. i have my own water supply, my own electricity supply etc etc. such as in nigeria OR a system where i feel like a hamster running on the wheel. being high-jacked for bills left right and centre. being hooked up to a grid that sees me as a number in a matrix of numbers that expects me to cough up all kinds of money or else their is a consequence to pay such as the undermining of your credit score or being hauled into court ? i will choose the naija system. that feeling of freedom is priceless. but see i am mature enough to accept my choice with the negative consequences it comes with. you cant have it both ways. you cant expect to be free and expect the govt to pay for everything for you. something has gotta give. you have to loose your freedom in order to receive all the so-called good things that people abroad supposedly have. now me myself ? ill choose my freedom over being monitored like a rat. i have tasted the other side and it might look pretty on the outside ? but it kills you inside. the nigerian system might look ugly on the outside ? but it keeps you alive inside.

what freedom do you enjoy in nigeria?  freedom to drive on dangerous death traps, freedom to put your life in the hands of armed robbers?  freedom to place your life in the hands of underfunded health care institutions, my best friend's wife died in hospital due to inadequate health care facilities- the guy is now suicidal, maybe you might want to switch places with him.

and this goes to the rest of you fugazy azz niccas up in here (ovie, cap28, ). you are all parasites. look in the mirror sometimes. give me give me give me give me give me. thats all you utter all day. yet your azzes will be the first ones looking for the way out of paying bills. and you blame the govt ? nah mahfukaz look in the mirror. thats where the blame lies. not the govt. you are the reason why you dont have what you think you should have   me myself ? i dont need the govt hitting me up for bills. i can provide my own water and electricity. i love the freedom. do you ?

what is this give me give me  that you are wittering on about? nigeria generates enough income from petroleum revenue which is sufficient to provide BASIC,  not state of the art,  but BASIC health care facilities for its citizens but it has refused to do even that.

how much does Nigeria make annually from oil ? 29 billion dollars. lets for one second pretend that our politicians are not corrupt. how many states are in nigeria ? 36 states. so if we divided the money equally as an annual allocation to each state, each state will recieve less than 1 billion dollars annually from oil. this is not enough  to run a state annually. to pay university lecturers, civil servants, run the state govt, pay the legislative body, maintenance, police, army, vehicle maintenance, etc etc etc etc. so where do you think the rest of the money to provide the things you love to harp about ( roads, light, water. police, good well equipped universities etc ) will come from ?   now you are starting to see the picture right ? the rest has to come from taxing you to the hilt. and if as a nigerian you are not coughing up all these taxes ? then you are the cause of nigerias dilemma. gerrit ? now please feel free to shut up   

you do not know what you are talking about, these are all the sources of income of the FGN:

income tax, petroleum profit tax, capital gains tax, personal income tax from  foreigners residing in Nigeria.

custom and excise duties,  VAT,

oil pipeline license fees, rents for mining rights, mining fees, royalties on minerals, NNPC earnings from direct sales, penalties for gas flared, rents of oil well.

THESE ARE REVENUE GENERATED FROM TAXATION ALONE - WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH THIS REVENUE ??
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by sholaeco(m): 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2010
Regret is not in my dictionary pls check this out http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010112012383417. Are these people blind to see? No work for millions of people and u want me to come back,come back for what nw?
Its a shame!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2010
cap28:

buzugee  you are one of the most confused human beings on the face of this planet!!!

so in your muddled mind you think that the nigerian govt does not owe its citizenry anything - we are talking about a govt which has a taxation system which is flawed from the bottom up - yes, there are a issues around tax collection but the real problem is that the FGN does not use tax revenue for the purpose that it is meant for.

what freedom do you enjoy in nigeria?  freedom to drive on dangerous death traps, freedom to put your life in the hands of armed robbers?  freedom to place your life in the hands of underfunded health care institutions, my best friend's wife died in hospital due to inadequate health care facilities- the guy is now suicidal, maybe you might want to switch places with him.

what is this give me give me  that you are wittering on about? nigeria generates enough income from petroleum revenue which is sufficient to provide BASIC,  not state of the art,  but BASIC health care facilities for its citizens but it has refused to do even that.

you do not know what you are talking about, these are all the sources of income of the FGN:

income tax, petroleum profit tax, capital gains tax, personal income tax from  foreigners residing in Nigeria.

custom and excise duties,  VAT,

oil pipeline license fees, rents for mining rights, mining fees, royalties on minerals, NNPC earnings from direct sales, penalties for gas flared, rents of oil well.

THESE ARE REVENUE GENERATED FROM TAXATION ALONE - WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH THIS REVENUE ??
absolute hogwash. you get what you pay for. or in this case, you dont get what you do not pay for. its time for whining azz negros like you to man-up and accept and embrace your situation and environment. be a man for once in your life and embrace your environment with all its flaws and goodness. stop fighting things that you cannot directly change. learn to be at peace with your environment. thats the problem with a lot of you nigerians that are unhappy. your minds are in a constant state of turmoil. you try to attribute it to the environment around you but it is deeper than that. most of you need shrinks. what you have is a critical case of chemical imbalance. nothing to do with your environment. the environment in nigeria is extremely beautiful, its the people in it who are disturbed. let me give you an example of what a real man with no chemical imbalance who is living in nigeria will do. lets call the hypothetical man ' adamu'

adamu is not a very rich man but he can somehow save enough to build say a 2 bedroom bungalow. nothing fancy. extremely small, but adamu is mentally balanced enough to be able to appreciate that he owns a house outright. no mortgage, no taxes, nada. so adamu decors the interior of the house in such a way that it brings him peace (feng shui ) and he loves looking at it. hardwood floors, nice colorful interior, lots of african arts etc.  next is nepa ? adamu knows that nepa is unreliable so he makes sure that he does not revolve his life around nepa. he has lots of beautiful candles and lanterns and incenses that he enjoys. when the light goes out he pulls out his lantern, lights an incense, sit on a nice sofa in his house and enjoys a book. water nko ? he has a well at the back of his house so he is not worried about water. to drink it he only has to boil it. bad roads nko ? adamu is well adjusted enough to know that he has to deal with this issue so he buys a small bicycle or a scooter for when he needs to do errands and stuff.

do you see how adamu is man enough to enjoy his life in nigeria, he welcomes and appreciates all the short comings and has his own alternative to it. this is what well adjusted human beings do. the rest of you locos have internal turmoil that you need to deal with that has nothing to do with your sorroundings. i bet all you complainers will complain anywhere in the world you are. the problem is in you. see a shrink pronto  grin

and those of you nigerians who are terribly unhappy in nigeria who do not have chemical imbalance ? the reason for that is because of your extreme jealousy and your trying to 'keep up with the jones' attitude. learn to be an individual and ignore what others have. a lot of you are simply unhappy because someone you know has a benz and you dont. then you want to go abroad because you think you can get a benz and start oppressing. all in all ? your discontents are self-inflicted

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (34)

Air Peace Introduces B737-800 New Generation Aircraft Into Its Operations(photos / Helicopter Carrying India's Chief Of Defence Staff, Gen Bipin Rawat Crashes / Lekki Conservation Centre LCC: An Overview Of The Longest Canopy Walk In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.