Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,994 members, 7,828,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions (1496 Views)

Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2020/2021 Aptitude Test / Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2020/2021 (full Scholarship) / 2018/2019 Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) Scholarships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
Help a brother in need with advice please. Do's and Don'ts when writing these essays. I have been shortlisted for the next stage and the most difficult I guess owing to the time frame and the nature of questions asked.

Dear xxxxx xxxxx

Further to your performance on the Aptitude Test for the 2020/2021 AIG Scholarships, we are pleased to inform you that you have been short-listed for the next stage of the selection process - Essay and CV Assessment. The details are presented below:

Visit the portal: www.aigscholarships.org and log-on to your profile using your e-mail address and password.
Upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) using the CV Template provided (maximum of 2 pages) and provide your Reference details using the Reference Information Form provided on the portal. Upload of your CV and Reference information is mandatory.
You are required to write four (4) short personal essays. In each essay, we want to read your original thoughts – think carefully about your values, passions, goals and aspirations before responding to each question.

Why you are interested in public service and public policy? Describe the specific issue(s) or problem(s) you care about, your thoughts on how this issue can be resolved and how the resolution of this issue could impact the economy as a whole. (400 words)
Why are the AIG Scholarship and the MPP Programme at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford important to you and how would you utilise the opportunity? (300 Words)
Tell us about yourself. You may write about your background, experiences, hobbies, books you have read, passion, interests, dreams, and/or any challenge you may have faced and overcome. How do these experiences come together in the person you are today and the current path you have decided to take in your life and career? (400 words)
Describe a personal challenge you have overcome or an achievement that has enhanced your leadership skills or which you believe demonstrates your leadership potential. What did you do? What was the resultant impact of your action? (400 Words)

You will also be required to upload additional documents. Please upload the documents relevant to you:

Bachelor’s Degrees Certificate
Master’s Degree Certificate
Evidence of Professional Qualification
Evidence of any Awards/ Prizes stated in the Application.
You will not be able to save or continue with the process if your essays exceed the word limit. The portal will open by 4P.M. (GMT) on Friday, October 25 and close by 1A.M. (GMT) on Monday, October 28, 2019.

Important Notes:
Candidates who are successful at this stage of the selection process, will be invited for a two-day Assessment Weekend (Panel Interview and Assessment Centre) on November 16 and 17, 2019 in Lagos, Nigeria. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

Invitation notices for the Assessment Weekend stage will be sent 3-6 days ahead of the assessment dates (AIG will provide an allowance after the Assessment Weekend to supplement transport expenses).

Candidates will be required to come with the following documents at the next stage (Assessment Weekend stage) of the selection process (originals and copies):
Academic Certificates (Bachelor’s Degree - Mandatory, Master’s Degree - as applicable).
Evidence of Professional Qualification
Birth Certificate/Sworn Declaration of Age. (Note: For Nigerian birth certificates, AIG will only accept birth certificates from the National Population Council or Local Government).
Evidence of Awards/Prizes stated in application.
Evidence of any Volunteer work stated in application (e.g. Certificate/ Letter from the organisation).
Two Passport Photographs.

Transcripts for First Degree: Candidates will be required to provide transcripts for their First Degree as part of the evaluation process. You are therefore advised to begin to make arrangements now for the forwarding of your transcript by your University directly to AIG, regardless of whether the Assessment Weekend stage has commenced or not or whether you have received an invitation to the Assessment Weekend or not. This is to ensure that your transcript arrives at AIG in good time to be evaluated.
Transcripts are to be delivered to:

Africa Initiative for Governance
19 Gerrard Road,
Ikoyi, Lagos
Attention: Programmes Manager

Transcripts not sent directly by the University are not acceptable

We wish you all the best.

Best Regards,

AIG Scholarships Team
Re: AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by saqo(m): 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
I got the same mail too. I am hoping for the best. I need clues too. Please help
Re: AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by unclehp: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
I also got a text message from them...does anyone have an idea how the essay should be structured, coz this seems to be the most difficult stage
Re: AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by philfrey08: 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
I also scaled through the first stage. I guess the first was equally a difficult one.
This stage shouldnt be tough for those who have the passion and vision
Re: AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by saqo(m): 12:33am On Oct 28, 2019
I am unable to submit my essays....
Please help
Re: AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by unclehp: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
saqo:
I am unable to submit my essays.... Please help
if your essays are more than the word count..it won't submit
Re: AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by saqo(m): 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
unclehp:

if your essays are more than the word count..it won't submit
Its already pass deadline day. Best of luck.
Re: AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by Aol360: 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
Have anyone heard from AIG after the essay writing?

I am just curious because they noted that only successful candidate would be reached.
Re: AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by Aol360: 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hello good people, kindly hint us if you have got mail so that the rest can move on and stop being unnecessarily expectant.
Re: AIG Scholarships: Essay Stage And Their Mind Blowing Questions by Phey4say: 12:27am On Oct 02, 2022
Good day house,
Please can we share updates as regards the 2023 AIG application process. I just received an email for the next stage which Is the essay. It will be nice to know I am not completely alone.

(1) (Reply)

Bethlehem Secondary School Abule-ado Students Trapped As Building Collapses / Shell SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 / Brief Biography Of UI New Acting VC, Prof. Ekanola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.