Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. (3143 Views)

Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. / My 7 Months Old GSD Doesn’t Bark. Is This Normal? / Petlanders, How Do I Give My Dog This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
Oh I’m so frustrated I don’t know where to start. I’ve never seen a dog that is so stubborn and picky like mine.

The first day they brought her she was so small looking and I went like “Awwww”. But right now I’m like “urghhh”. cheesy

She only wants to eat the food she likes. She doesn’t eat eba, rice , beans, dog food , sardine and etc. she only wants to be eating meat, not like she eats much of it thereby making the remnants go to waste. After you have bought full lap of chicken thinking she would eat it, she would only chew it a little and go away.

I feed her golden morn in the morning by force. I have to force feed her and I’m tired . My mom and I have been doing this for 7months now. We get sorry for her but she doesn’t pity us.

How do I make her to eat the food I give her not what she wants? Please help me . Right now I don’t know what to do anymore. She loves eating fruits though but they barely sustain her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
I’ve taken her to the vets and they didn’t see nothing wrong with her. I’ve given her all necessary drugs and vaccines.

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Please kindly help with suggestions on how I can make her to eat food I give her or at least start eating them. It’s frustrating when you have more than enough foods but your dog won’t eat them and you have no ideal what to feed her . embarassed

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by greatmarshall(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hmm
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by nifemi25(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
I will advice you should always keep your dog in a cage and gives him food once daily... Am sure he will change his habit of eating

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by OKOATA(m): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
Why don't you give her the normal dog food, that one is better instead of all this stress. I think it's 3k or so.. It's like groundnut but it has all the ingredients in it. Have forgotten the name. That's what I gave my Boar Bull

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
OKOATA:
Why don't you give her the normal dog food, that one is better instead of all this stress. I think it's 3k or so.. It's like groundnut but it has all the ingredients in it. Have forgotten the name. That's what I gave my Boar Bull

I’ve tried giving her dog food. In fact it was recommended to me by my vet but she didn’t like it and that was how the food wasted. I stopped buying after about 2 accounts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by forreelliinc: 11:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ginaz:

I’ve tried giving her dog food. In fact it was recommended to me by my vet but she didn’t like it and that was how the food wasted. I stopped buying after about 2 accounts.
Give your dog this

6 Likes

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by johnnyn1(m): 11:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
There’s a Whatsapp group for lhasa owner.
If you care to join chat me on WhatsApp.
Link is on signature..

2 Likes

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by vincentjk(m): 8:56am On Oct 26, 2019
OKOATA:

She said her dog doesn't eat eba and soup, chicken, processed dog food and all that so what makes you think it'll eat the groundnut stuff? Not all dogs like it after all.

Ginaz when last did you administered multivitamins and deworm on her?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2019
vincentjk:

She said her dog doesn't eat eba and soup, chicken, processed dog food and all that so what makes you think it'll eat the groundnut stuff? Not all dogs like it after all.

Ginaz when last did you administered multivitamins and deworm on her?

Last month when she got ill. They gave her all necessary multivitamins and all. Please help me o. I’m tired of her character.
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by KingAfo(m): 9:30am On Oct 26, 2019
OKOATA:
Don’t take this advice please.
The food is for large breeds and for people who can’t afford kibbles, And it’s BOERBOEL not boar bull.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by explosiveskull(m): 9:31am On Oct 26, 2019
You need to be giving her multivitamin everyday.
That is what I do to my dog since I know some food he eats ain't balanced.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by KingAfo(m): 9:32am On Oct 26, 2019
Place your dogs on daily multivitamins and regular deworming. Just like babies, if you have a baby and he/she doesn’t eat. What will you do?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by OKOATA(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2019
KingAfo:

Don’t take this advice please.
The food is for large breeds and for people who can’t afford kibbles, And it’s BOERBOEL not boar bull.
How would I know to know if it's for large or small breed. Thanks for saying though..

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by vincentjk(m): 10:20am On Oct 26, 2019
Ginaz:

Last month when she got ill. They gave her all necessary multivitamins and all. Please help me o. I’m tired of her character.

Multivitamins should be given on regular basis not monthly.

Get fried fish, mix it with boiled chicken thereby making it to produce a kinda aroma which no dog can resist. All dogs love freshly fried fish

Store these things in your fridge and you warm when about to serve her, never serve it cold to her. Do these and her appetite should be restored in no time

If you're kinda confused check this thread, it'll put you through

https://www.nairaland.com/4373838/murphy-boerboel-gustaf-german-shepherd
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by KingAfo(m): 10:22am On Oct 26, 2019
OKOATA:
How would I know to know if it's for large or small breed. Thanks for saying though..
She said Lhasa.
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Endy10(m): 12:04pm On Oct 26, 2019
It's common for dogs to prefer a specific variant of food.
First I would discourage you from giving your dog eba, beans and the likes. Dogs are allergic to some foods eg onions. You wouldn't want to poison your dog by mistake.

You mention your dog likes meat. Good, they need it as it is protein. Even if you give your dog food like rice, crushed noodles, you must make sure there is a balance of other nutrients in the food.
.i would advice try mixing the meat or fish with the other food you're giving eg rice. Make sure the meat and fish is properly crushed and mixed with the food. Give the dog and little and observe. If it takes it, you can increase the portion.

Last price of advice. Don't give your dog a large portion of food at a time. It would lead to wastage as you pointed and the dog thinking the food would be readily available anytime and every time. This is part of training for your dog. No one wants a spoilt dog.

Wish you good luck with your dog!

2 Likes

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by olexjay(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
Some dogs are stubborn, once they likes a particular food even if you tried forcing them to eat another food thinking it's nourished and cool they won't eat and prefer starving itself to death.... Maybe you should try give the dog the fruits and in large quantities, or if you've anyone with same breed that feed normal then let them stay together for like 2 days feeding them together maybe your dog might imitate the other dog and start eating normally
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by theecaus(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
So sorry I can feel your pain cause I have a Lhasa too and she is picky, she eats what she likes I think that’s common for Lhasa apso dogs.
Buy and boil shawa fish and mix with cooked noodles waste, mix the fish well with the noodles and serve her or buy can food jojo preferably, I’m sure your dog should be cool with either of the two cause that’s only what my dog eat, nothing else aside those two.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by MoonWater: 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ginaz:
I’ve taken her to the vets and they didn’t see nothing wrong with her. I’ve given her all necessary drugs and vaccines.
now you see what men go through trying to deal with females

Get fish and cook it with noodles.
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 8:37am On Oct 30, 2019
johnnyn1:
There’s a Whatsapp group for lhasa owner.
If you care to join chat me on WhatsApp.
Link is on signature..

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2019
MoonWater:
now you see what men go through trying to deal with females

Get fish and cook it with noodles.

Hahaha, I swear it’s too much. I had a male dog who died last year . He didn’t give me half of all these wahala my female dog is giving me.
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2019
theecaus:
So sorry I can feel your pain cause I have a Lhasa too and she is picky, she eats what she likes I think that’s common for Lhasa apso dogs.
Buy and boil shawa fish and mix with cooked noodles waste, mix the fish well with the noodles and serve her or buy can food jojo preferably, I’m sure your dog should be cool with either of the two cause that’s only what my dog eat, nothing else aside those two.

She didn’t eat it o, at this point I can’t come kill myself . Only reason I’m worried is she’s still so small at 7months old . Very light in weight too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2019
explosiveskull:
You need to be giving her multivitamin everyday.
That is what I do to my dog since I know some food he eats ain't balanced.

Thanks for your input
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Ginaz(f): 8:41am On Oct 30, 2019
olexjay:
Some dogs are stubborn, once they likes a particular food even if you tried forcing them to eat another food thinking it's nourished and cool they won't eat and prefer starving itself to death.... Maybe you should try give the dog the fruits and in large quantities, or if you've anyone with same breed that feed normal then let them stay together for like 2 days feeding them together maybe your dog might imitate the other dog and start eating normally

She loves fruit a lot . I got her garden eggs last night and she finished them all before daybreak.

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by olexjay(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2019
Ginaz:

She loves fruit a lot . I got her garden eggs last night and she finished them all before daybreak.
maybe u should keep feeding her with the fruits and the more she grow she can adapt to other fruits
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 01, 2019
Endy10:
It's common for dogs to prefer a specific variant of food.
First I would discourage you from giving your dog eba, beans and the likes. Dogs are allergic to some foods eg onions. You wouldn't want to poison your dog by mistake.

You mention your dog likes meat. Good, they need it as it is protein. Even if you give your dog food like rice, crushed noodles, you must make sure there is a balance of other nutrients in the food.
.i would advice try mixing the meat or fish with the other food you're giving eg rice. Make sure the meat and fish is properly crushed and mixed with the food. Give the dog and little and observe. If it takes it, you can increase the portion.

Last price of advice. Don't give your dog a large portion of food at a time. It would lead to wastage as you pointed and the dog thinking the food would be readily available anytime and every time. This is part of training for your dog. No one wants a spoilt dog.

Wish you good luck with your dog!

You know your onions. Well said
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 01, 2019
Ginaz:

The solution to your dog issue is very simple if you follow my thread or maybe u shld post the problem on lhasa nation Whatsapp group when you get added, I will send a voice note as soon as I'm available
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by pomide(m): 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Same story with my Lhasa... He only eats chicken and sausage.

anyways, I've changed his mean to once a day in small portions, anytime he see me carry something, he gets excited... Long story short, he don dey chop spag and indomie jeje...
I don't even mix chicken and sausage with it so he doesn't go and pick and leave the rest hoping for another better day

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by harmargedon: 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
not all dogs enjoys chicken meat, mine eats it only twice in a week and that's the end. try beef, do not over cook or you can give raw. you can try fish too, then find out the fruit she likes. some dogs are picky when it comes to food, I can relate because mine is like that too.
Re: I’m Tired Of My Ihasa Puppy. She Doesn’t Eat Food I Give Her. by younghartz(m): 6:53am On Aug 26, 2020
For 5years mine is a dull eater
Even when you feed her meat, she eats reluctantly and it's annoying.
So while feeding other dogs in the morning,I'd ignore her and feed the rest..
So by 6pm when I'm going to feed again she's willingly to eat grin
Note: If you don't have mind you cant do this

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Boerboel Dog Has 8 Breast Teats For 10 Puppies / Meet This Lady Who's Raised By Dogs, That Walks, Runs & Eat Like Them / Parrot Cage At Fantastic Prize (pics Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.