Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Opinion: Let’s Get To The Rock Bottom Of A Pertinent Issue, Shall We? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Opinion: Let’s Get To The Rock Bottom Of A Pertinent Issue, Shall We? (216 Views)

Paul Adefarasin: How I Started My Church, House On The Rock And 'The Experience' / Davido Proposes To Chioma: 'Let's Get Married'. The Chef Chi Replies 'I'm Ready' / Pertinent Questions To Ask On Some Of Yinka Ayefele's Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Let’s Get To The Rock Bottom Of A Pertinent Issue, Shall We? by Jesuferanmi(m): 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
I for whatever reason clicked on my beloved browser and saw a notification pop. I felt it was just media stunt till I got to my fav forum and saw it was for crying out loud on front page. Like, wth?
I understand. Promotional. Let’s create some new vibes. Let’s give them what they want. Kill it. But, really?
I was once very proud of what entertainment in the Nigerian context represents. I think I like the fact that it roots us to our source and promotes our culture. Deep culture. But that part of us welcoming the good, bad, pretty, ugly and literally, every single shade of the “Western” culture is dangerously evil. We are unavoidably losing the very essence we once held on to on a platter of what? Fame?
Come to think of it. No one famous maintains that status forever. Call it clout chasing, call it whatever. The fact still speaks for itself that what got you famous – whether barleys of flesh or bounties of talents would be what would speak for you after fame dies.
Would we ever get enough of the notification I saw? NO. Not in actual fact anytime soon. Reality, not pessimism. Using the media has supposedly always been by choice and apparently, the obvious suggestion would be then to join them if you cannot change them or just leave them let them do their thing. Watch or pretend you didn’t see a thing. And that’s the most part. Or would you black out from the media because everyone else had interests different from yours?
Let’s get right on to it. It is no child’s play to do something and it trends. But when what you trend especially after attaining a celebrity status is pure mediocrity, I have no reaction but utter dismay.

(1) (Reply)

Vvj / Davido Okays The Release Of Helen & Susan After False Pregnancy Claim / Teacher From Abuja Made $501,580 Last Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.