Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

I Finally Had An Extra Year - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Finally Had An Extra Year (22227 Views)

I Finally Signed Out At 42 / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by NaijaDonCast(m): 1:28am On Oct 28, 2019
I spill 2 years spontaneously b4 i graduated yours is never a big deal
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by dalla10(m): 2:02am On Oct 28, 2019
My brother, life is like that, challenges are meant to build us not to break us down, your story is far more better than mine, let me be frank with you, i was caught in my second to the last final year examination after spending 7yrs of study which i know dat i was the cause but with Gods mercies upon my life am here again studyn in a dfrnd uni. So go n register dos courses n write dem again, may God help u.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:02am On Oct 28, 2019
Rewrite the papers. From all the comments above, you can see clearly that some people were once in your shoes and still came out.

Make sure you get all the NECESSARY DETAILS as you go back to school, because from comments above, I can see a law student who mentioned that you will borrow some easy courses to add up as well. Do the right thing, stop bothering, you will be fine.

Stop bothering about your mum, she will soon accept things the way they are.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by EkperemoEgbabi: 2:06am On Oct 28, 2019
LyfeJennings:
I hope U don't waste advise and I'd be very blunt with U cos God know say na on top sick bed I dey type like this.
First of all, U are a very stupid boy
2mdly, go home and beg Ur mother so U do Ur extra year
All those Ur mate wey graduate, leave them
Una go catch up for life
I waited 9years for my first job
Today even when I talk and my class rep interrupt me, I fit tell boys make dem take slap murder am. What does he know?
I HAVE WORKED IN ALL SECTOR OF THE ECONOMY

U don hear
Be wise

Oga, but no be this gist u give us for ashewo thread o.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by GlobalMan2018: 3:07am On Oct 28, 2019
Whoa dont make lone wolf look bad grin.back at school I did academic life alone preferably and it paid me off.all through out my schooling back then I made just 4D's and majorly A and B's...never had a carryover or fail. .mayeb the op should just reduce activities and focus majorly on studies
generationz:

Sorry about your misfortune.

Truth is we can't all be winners in everything we put our hands to. Sometimes, its not juju and village people. It's just life. It's just a part. It's just a lesson learnt and looking forward to better days.

You failed at uni now, some people lost all their savings in a bad business. Some people lost their multimillion naira company that they have worked for for years to build. Some lost their jobs with kids to feed.

I want to tell you that even if it seems like your world is crashing all around you your academic failure is not up to a quarter of what these people have faced.

Why? Because school is the best place for trial and error. School is the best place to learn the tenets of hard work. School is the best place to find yourself, whether through several successes or failures.

You are still getting pocket money. Yo
Live under your parents roof. Etc.

I always laugh at students who don't plan ahead in school. They only have option A which is their degree. Especially in Nigeria where Jobs are so few.

My dear, the real world is brutal and if you cant pick yourself up from the ground now, how will you deal with life when it hits you?

I'll advice if getting a good degree is important to you

1 You either transfer to an easier department and start from 200 level again.
2. Go back next year and write your carry over.

I'm sure you are one of those students who likes to do things alone. Maybe you should seek help from the smart kids in your class or a friendly lecturer. No man or woman is an island.

I feel the highest your parents can do is scream at you and remind you of your failure. You'll have to brace up for the tough times ahead.

Now, is the time to work harder than your mates at your freelancing job so that by the time they are done with law school you'll have probably bought your car and living on your own.

There is nothing God and you cant so if you put your mind to it.

Also, as you work at your job, start thinking of plan B and C.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by GlobalMan2018: 3:08am On Oct 28, 2019
Wisely said.ill advice this o
LyfeJennings:
I hope U don't waste advise and I'd be very blunt with U cos God know say na on top sick bed I dey type like this.
First of all, U are a very stupid boy
2mdly, go home and beg Ur mother so U do Ur extra year
All those Ur mate wey graduate, leave them
Una go catch up for life
I waited 9years for my first job
Today even when I talk and my class rep interrupt me, I fit tell boys make dem take slap murder am. What does he know?
I HAVE WORKED IN ALL SECTOR OF THE ECONOMY

U don hear
Be wise
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Tegaguru(m): 3:21am On Oct 28, 2019
BathingSoap:
Few months ago, i created a thread on front page on how i have lost interest in school and education because of my poor academic performance

https://www.nairaland.com/5253585/help....i-lost-interest-school-pls

Today i just found out that i failed two of my final year papers, thus giving me an extra year, i didn't know at first but as my mom kept pestering me to apply for law school, i had to check the list my school forwarded to Abuja, Garki, for those eligible to apply for law school, and discovered my name was not included.

I was discombobulated because i already made good the due process involved in the application prior to this day, i was advised by colleagues to check my result and lo and behold i failed 2 courses in my second semester yr 5.

I have failed my parents, especially my mom who invested a lot in my schooling, i might not be able to go back to the school for the extra year, i don't even know how to tell my parents, or what to do next, if i had known i would never have attended the uni, rather would have learnt a skill or focused on freelancing but i guess its all too late now.

Now here's the thing bruh, since you carried your final courses and you're just knowing, I'll assume they are second semester courses.
Now, you definitely still have to go back to finish things off bruh, but for the first semester and all that you'd be left with doing nothing, go and LEARN a SKILL.
Whatever skill you have in mind, there's someone out there to teach, either paid or free. Whichever way, Learn a Skill.

I feel your pain sincerely bruh, but no solution will, and has ever come from regrets. All you need to do now, is reflect on those mistakes, own them(wear them as a badge and as a driving force), and move forward striving to be better than you are now.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by BatleFox: 3:58am On Oct 28, 2019
GlobalMan2018:
Wisely said.ill advice this o

This gay fellow is BlueAir who has been sending me his nudes

I'm not gay oooo, please stop oooo
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by BatleFox: 4:00am On Oct 28, 2019
Tegaguru:

Now here's the thing bruh, since you carried your final courses and you're just knowing, I'll assume they are second semester courses.
Now, you definitely still have to go back to finish things off bruh, but for the first semester and all that you'd be left with doing nothing, go and LEARN a SKILL.
Whatever skill you have in mind, there's someone out there to teach, either paid or free. Whichever way, Learn a Skill.

I feel your pain sincerely bruh, but no solution will, and has ever come from regrets. All you need to do now, is reflect on those mistakes, own them(wear them as a badge and as a driving force), and move forward striving to be better than you are now.

BlueAir with a new moniker!!! Stop blackmailing me to sleep with you ooo, I'm not gay.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by BatleFox: 4:03am On Oct 28, 2019
GlobalMan2018:
Whoa dont make lone wolf look bad grin.back at school I did academic life alone preferably and it paid me off.all through out my schooling back then I made just 4D's and majorly A and B's...never had a carryover or fail. .mayeb the op should just reduce activities and focus majorly on studies

BlueAir with a new monikers.... If i recall correctly you told me that you made a killing in school from having many male lovers. Why are you lying now?
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Handsomecole(m): 4:52am On Oct 28, 2019
I see no problem here , I actually had two extra years which made me graduate 3 years with a even a 3rd class after my set had already graduated. But by God's grace I never job hunted for a single day cos I got a job with a top firm same day of got my call up letter and in fact I'm even helping most people from my set to look for jobs using my connections.

It's just a matter of prayer, change of mindset and maximizing the opportunity. Everything depends on you.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Cutehector(m): 5:27am On Oct 28, 2019
So what? I had an extra year too and after that, I had a good job.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 28, 2019
BathingSoap:
Few months ago, i created a thread on front page on how i have lost interest in school and education because of my poor academic performance

Today i just found out that i failed two of my final year papers, thus giving me an extra year, i didn't know at first but as my mom kept pestering me to apply for law school, i had to check the list my school forwarded to Abuja, Garki, for those eligible to apply for law school, and discovered my name was not included.

I was discombobulated because i already made good the due process involved in the application prior to this day, i was advised by colleagues to check my result and lo and behold i failed 2 courses in my second semester yr 5.

I have failed my parents, especially my mom who invested a lot in my schooling, i might not be able to go back to the school for the extra year, i don't even know how to tell my parents, or what to do next, if i had known i would never have attended the uni, rather would have learnt a skill or focused on freelancing but i guess its all too late now.

Yeah,I followed ur thread but I didn't reply in that thread either.

You are complaining about spill over.Do you know if that's your own cross to carry or even a replacement for untimely death ?You better be happy & cheer up.If your eyes were opened,you would have seen what problem God has lifted you out from by telling you to stay one more year in the school.

Every man's race is different in life.Some start making it early,some make it in the afternoon and while some make it in the evening when they are getting old.

If u are on fiverr,concentrate and build up that skill to get more big clients.You could get a client who could give you a contract or more than $3000 at a time.I have seen someone who got a contract worth $5000 and $2000 respectively on queue.

Don't always depend on school.The mistakes I made then was depending on school and after finishing school now,no work.I had to start learning online trading and other freelancing skills.

Always have Plan B in life.Go back to take your courses and tell your parents.Don't hide anything from them.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by LyfeJennings(m): 6:18am On Oct 28, 2019
EkperemoEgbabi:

Oga, but no be this gist u give us for ashewo thread o.

How old I think I am
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by EkperemoEgbabi: 6:32am On Oct 28, 2019
LyfeJennings:

How old I think I am

U dey ask me abi na ya self u dey ask? �
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by gabicon: 6:45am On Oct 28, 2019
Look stop being a spoilt brat, school is not just about academics, it about dedication to a cause, about commitment, the art of starting and finishing. If you don't learn these skills now you will never be successful in another endeavour. In life things don't always work out as planned, it takes persistence, commitment, and hard work to make a dream come through.

As it stands you don't have another solid plan, so I will suggest you go do your carry over, while doing it, start making concrete plans for what you want to do with your life.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by dboY1123(m): 6:46am On Oct 28, 2019
Lol...
I remember I opened a thread like this few weeks ago.. I was in this same dilemma and grief, People actually encouraged me here on Nairaland.

I'm a student of Unilorin, Science Education (Chemistry), See, I have started having issues some or two from my 100L days despite the fact that I read like no tomorrow.. I spilled in 2018,I had no place to stay to retake my 6(required) courses, One from 200L chemistry practical and One from 300L chemistry, with others from 4L, had to hang in school faculty, mingle with the security, in rain and in harmattan...
Well, I convinced my parents that I'm going to pass all in 2019 when I spilled, I passed 4 required courses plus the 3 chemistry electives I did..

Now, This semester I splash with two first Semester courses (Nov-feb) and I'm not dead yet.. Despite having no place to sleep because there's no one to pay my house rent., I still need to find my way and pay my school fee this time myself.

Just pick Up yourself and sit for the courses, Just two fa.. Honestly you'll make it, it's just time.

God bless
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Bigmikedagod(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2019
but dis is a normal somethng na..in my department more people spillover than graduate at first trial. even me i just finished writing my spillover courses and now waiting for d results.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by hakeem4(m): 7:03am On Oct 28, 2019
BathingSoap:

i would advice you to go back and write those two papers. pending the time you are waiting for the exams just continue on the freelance job you made mention in the previous thread
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by uzoormah(m): 7:03am On Oct 28, 2019
BathingSoap:

it's not too late at all, I had an extra year too
funny enough it's a simple course... I couldn't believe my eyes..but I've served and I'm still alive
YOU DIDN'T FAIL ANYBODY
THE SCHOOL FAILED YOU

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by indoorlove(m): 7:05am On Oct 28, 2019
You will just look back with nolstagia someday when you become a great lawyer like Gani, or business tycoon like Aliko, and believe me one of your greatest inspiration and motivation to people would probably be this little setback.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by lollybizzu(m): 7:09am On Oct 28, 2019
Divay22:
But why is life like this self sad
Me am tired o cry cry

My sister, life is a mystery!
There's no exact format to living it, just live it the way it comes - a day at a time.

God help us.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Divay22(f): 7:13am On Oct 28, 2019
lollybizzu:

My sister, life is a mystery!
There's no exact format to living it, just live it the way it comes - a day at a time.

God help us.
I'm currently scared of living it as it comes everyday.
I just wish there was an easy way out. Nothing you do seems like you're doing enough.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by hardewalex23(m): 7:36am On Oct 28, 2019
bruh I had an extra year last year but I'm now a graduate this month. I did pre degree plus 5 years engineering course plus extra year, bruh 7 years but I did not give up and I'm going for service soon, you really don't have to give up. bless up bruh
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by lowaist101: 7:46am On Oct 28, 2019
You need to tell your mum; she will understand, so u can go back to write the exams.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by SURElee(f): 7:53am On Oct 28, 2019
BathingSoap:

Too late you say? My dear if you have breathe in your nostrils this morning, it means it isn't late for you.

Let me ask you, do you know how many years AY comedian spent in Abraka? Google and read up about him and draw some strength from his past struggles. Do you know he lost his parents and became the father and mother to his siblings at a young age? But you still have mother.

Now the world knows AY comedian. What about all other graduates who finished while he was delayed?
I want you to know we all as individuals have our times.

Bro, your timing is different. You might be delayed to go to law school because of two outstanding courses. Look at the brighter picture. Be positive, you will see the good eventually in this period as it will sharpen you up for your future.

Bro, look up. Be positive about life and your future. You will make it eventually.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Tarabye: 7:54am On Oct 28, 2019
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by lollybizzu(m): 8:07am On Oct 28, 2019
Divay22:

I'm currently scared of living it as it comes everyday.
I just wish there was an easy way out. Nothing you do seems like you're doing enough.

My dear what you're facing is not peculiar to only you.
So many of us are in that boat and feel that way.

But what makes the difference is the inner strength never to give up. To keep fighting.

Let me tell you there's no easy way out. So erase the thought of you finding an easy way out - it'll only make you weak and lazy.

Keep doing what you, keep living and keep fighting, one day the efforts will pay off.

But one thing dear - as much as the goal is fixed, that is we all want to be successful and happy; be flexible with your strategy - the way you go about achieving that goal.

Then finally, be prayerful. Whatever religion you do, please pray.

In the end, we'll be happy. Including you grin here is my number feel free to chat me up if you don't mind.

Zero eight zero three four seven two five six eight one.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 28, 2019
If Dem tell you say make you face your book.. you go dey gallivanting here and there... Now you don get carry over...
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Lamanii22(f): 8:17am On Oct 28, 2019
Moi dia... Failures are not losses... They are investments.. Investments that bring about success... So go back there and fucking write those two papers... You can only get better!!!
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Maj196(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2019
Don't quit in a bid to escape failure it will always haunt in the future

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UI Lecturer Denies Giving Students $100 Each For Attending His Class / University Of Ibadan Distance Learning Latest News / Project Topics And Materials In Medical Laboratory Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.