Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application (1351 Views)

A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum / My Dhtml Board Games Project :: Featuring Ludo, Snakes And Ladder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by dhtml3(m): 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
I hope the question is clear eh? Remember, you can use any plugin or any flash development application you like to do this. For starters, whatever you do must be able to embed the frontpage of nairaland into a flash animation, and allow browsing of the website within it.

- safe dhtml
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by dhtml3(m): 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2010
Well, i know it is not quite easy to say with mouth, so i decided to do a live demonstration and also paste a screenshot here

To see the live demo, please click http://.net/quiz/nairaland/

[img]http://.net/quiz/nairaland/nl.jpg[/img]
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by dhtml3(m): 11:51pm On Nov 11, 2010
Oya solutions please, letz see the flash programmers here in action. . .
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by OmniPotens(m): 12:05am On Nov 12, 2010
Just so nice an invention. I guess this is a flex in action. How it was done, develop must tell me this even if in private grin
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 12, 2010
Let me try though am not too good AS3

create a URLRequest and a URL Loader, then create an addEventListener and catch event target and bla bla, well i tried with theory will give it a try
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by dhtml3(m): 12:15am On Nov 12, 2010
caramba! i ave forgotten how i did it. Please answer the quiz. All i remember was that it can be done with either flash cs4 or flex builder 3 and above
pc guru:

Let me try though am not too good AS3

create a URLRequest and a URL Loader, then create an addEventListener and catch event target and bla bla, well i tried with theory will give it a try
Where are you catching the event from? well, this one i did, there is no scripting required at all. The real question is - how do you embed an iframe into flash
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 12, 2010
hmmm didn't see the demo, just saw it.Clueless for now cool
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by dhtml3(m): 12:59am On Nov 12, 2010
pc guru:

hmmm didn't see the demo, just saw it.Clueless for now cool
Interesting. . .try harder
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 12, 2010
Code snippet:

<flexiframe:IFrame id="myFrame"
width="100%"
height="100%"
source="http://www.nairaland.com/" x="0" y="0"/>
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by DualCore1: 6:28am On Nov 12, 2010
Disclaimer

The script above is just a demo and is not any form of attack on nairaland. In case anyone is mistaken.

LooL
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 12, 2010
What is that dual core? oya, answer the quiz now. i have to disclaim the disclaimer before i get banngged by the spam bot
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2010
I was under the impression flash container or flex couldnt get contents from other sites apart from it server where it resides.anyway it's nice,
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by yawatide(f): 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2010
As discussed privately, I didn't quite get the question, until I saw the screenshot. Since I don't know flash and flex, I didn't know that they have the iframe element implemented. If it were plain HTML though, that is what I would have said cool
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
pc guru:

I was under the impression flash container or flex couldnt get contents from other sites apart from it server where it resides.anyway it's nice,
Your impression is 100% correct.

Actually, flex does not legally have an iframe element. It is some kinda hack plugin that makes it pretend as though it has one. I used this to
make a certain application some time back, and thought it might be quite fun to post it.
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by Slyr0x: 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2010
, . . .
Re: Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application by dhtml3(m): 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2011
caramba! it appears that during quizzes that i post, i end up getting banned most of the time.

(1) (Reply)

Greeneagles.org, New Website, Please Review / How To Create A Download With Joomla 1.5? / Increase The Number Of Your Facebook Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.