Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Who Else Thinks Google Pixel 4 And 4XL Is Mid-range Not Premium - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Else Thinks Google Pixel 4 And 4XL Is Mid-range Not Premium (1769 Views)

OPPO launches A1k and A5s Mid Range Smartphones Into The Nigerian Market / The Google Pixel 4 And 4XL. Will It Be Better Than The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Thinks Google Pixel 4 And 4XL Is Mid-range Not Premium by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
After reading this review and watching too, i'll rather go for iPhone 11 or Samsung Note 10.

it is overpriced, ontop 90Hz display and kinkinni RAM

Finally, we have the 2019 Flagship by Google to wrap up the year as usual but fans are not really happy. The Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL came out as leaked over the months with no changes in design and we are expecting Google to give us a booming smartphone of the year to stand out from Samsung S10, NOTE 10, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, iPhone 11, and lastly the OnePlus 7T.
The devices are great looking with the simple design adopted which looks natural and comfortable to hold, the things missing out on the Google Pixel 4 and 4XL are still the same issues found on its predecessors and we were really hoping for Google to do something about it on the Pixel 4 and 4XL this year but it appears that this isn’t the year for changes and to state a fact, Google has the best engineers in the world but I don’t seem to get what’s happening.

On the Google Pixel 3 and 3XL was a problem of poor battery performance, the Pixel 2XL had an issue with its display and the first had a not so good build quality, so it appears that Google is used to producing smartphones with at least an issue every year which is bad because while others manufacturers are stepping up their game in the market with good battery life, Google is happy about the low battery performance and maybe, just maybe, they don’t care about customers feedback.

Full Review: https://www.naijatech360.com.ng/google-pixel-4xl-review/

Re: Who Else Thinks Google Pixel 4 And 4XL Is Mid-range Not Premium by NuclearReactor: 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2019
Nope I don't think so, the only issue with the pixel is the lack of ultra wide lens and low battery capacity and optimization...

1 Like

Re: Who Else Thinks Google Pixel 4 And 4XL Is Mid-range Not Premium by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
I disagree.

What makes a phone premium?
1. Display the pixel 4 has has a quad hd AMOLED display with 90hz refresh rate.

2. Water resistant check

3. Wireless charging check

4. Build quality check

5. Top of the line camera check

So tell me why it is a mid range phone. Is it the best Android phone out? Of course not. Is it overpriced? Yes it's too gaddem expensive. I think Google is becoming the new Apple. They now focus on the things they think people need and not what they want.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Thinks Google Pixel 4 And 4XL Is Mid-range Not Premium by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
U get kinkini point sha, but what makes a phone premium now ehh bro, na the latest technology ooo..

No Snapdragon 855+
No ultra wide lens
Face unlock is too troublesome as I can't log on to some apps
Can't use Google assistance if I have G-suite or on three nav button
Low power performance, even tecno better pass 4XL for that category grin grin
6GB RAM, even OnePlus 7T Pro na 8GB RAM
Realme has the 90Hz refresh rate display and it mid-range
Realme X2 PRO is equipped with Snapdragon 855+ and wide angle camera and it is still refer to as mid-range

So to hell with Google trying to be like Apple
It won't work, their engineers might be the best, but they are only makin phone for themselves not the users.
greenhulk:
I disagree.

What makes a phone premium?
1. Display the pixel 4 has has a quad hd AMOLED display with 90hz refresh rate.

2. Water resistant check

3. Wireless charging check

4. Build quality check

5. Top of the line camera check

So tell me why it is a mid range phone. Is it the best Android phone out? Of course not. Is it overpriced? Yes it's too gaddem expensive. I think Google is becoming the new Apple. They now focus on the things they think people need and not what they want.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Thinks Google Pixel 4 And 4XL Is Mid-range Not Premium by OneGeek(m): 10:22am On Oct 29, 2019
alexabeb:
U get kinkini point sha, but what makes a phone premium now ehh bro, na the latest technology ooo..

No Snapdragon 855+
No ultra wide lens
Face unlock is too troublesome as I can't log on to some apps
Can't use Google assistance if I have G-suite or on three nav button
Low power performance, even tecno better pass 4XL for that category grin grin
6GB RAM, even OnePlus 7T Pro na 8GB RAM
Realme has the 90Hz refresh rate display and it mid-range
Realme X2 PRO is equipped with Snapdragon 855+ and wide angle camera and it is still refer to as mid-range

So to hell with Google trying to be like Apple
It won't work, their engineers might be the best, but they are only makin phone for themselves not the users.

The Pixel 4 is Google's idea of the 2019 Android Premium Device, believe it or not.

Mid-range devices are getting more premium features these days, no doubt. However, devices like the Redmi K20 aren't quite as representative of the premium Android experience as the Pixel 4.

So, is the Pixel overpriced? sure. is it a premium Android smartphone? Triple ace on the line.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Thinks Google Pixel 4 And 4XL Is Mid-range Not Premium by nauto5: 5:59am On Oct 30, 2019
Interesting, dont quote me
Re: Who Else Thinks Google Pixel 4 And 4XL Is Mid-range Not Premium by Damseywizzy: 9:59am On Oct 30, 2019
google pixel 4/4 xl is a premium smartphone and not only that is one of the best smartphone in 2019
lemme mention 5 pillars of a great smartphone for u guys
1. great build and design
2. great battery life
3. great display
4. great camera
5. great performance and software experience

the only aspect that pixel is not doing so well is battery life with the OLED 90hz refresh rate and the capacity is 2800mah and 3700mah respectively for small and large variant is not good enough with the price they are charging for the smartphone especially the small model 2800mah is too small in 2019 and 90hz refresh rate consumes a hell lot of battery where many Smartphone are putting 4000+ mah in their phone despite the fact that they don't even have 90hz refresh rate google needs to improve on that apart from that google pixel 4/4 xl is a great smartphone
the remaining 4 pillars of great smartphone google has done a great job in that aspect
it has great build and design with the glossy glass back and aluminum frame is one of the best design in 2019
great display google pixel 4 has one of the best display in any smartphone right now with the FHD+ and QHD+ OLED display for the small and large model respectively
google pixel 4 also have one of the best smartphone camera in 2019 i don't need say much about it google use artificial intelligence, machine learning and computational photography to give us one the best camera in any smartphone out there if not the best
it also have great performance and software experience with the great Qualcomm snapdragon 855 processor, 6gb of ram, pixel neural core, stereo speakers, wireless charging, water resistant and so on like that and let's not forget about their great software experience 3 years of software and security update, stock android experience with the latest and fastest google assistant that you can use without putting your data connection or Wi-Fi on
but better still google needs to lower their price because most Smartphone out there will offer most of these things I've mentioned above to u with lower price than google pixel 4 e.g oneplus Samsung etc

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Iphone X For Sale / Power Bank Capacity. Do I Need To Worry? / How To Send Free Text Messages To Nigeria Network Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.