Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC (16113 Views)

Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC / Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric / 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by ManirBK: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2019
The Nigeria Communication Commission, NCC, on Monday said that the trial of 5G, the fifth generation network technology, would be on trial for three months in the country before actual approval and rollout.

The Executive Vice Chairman of NCC, Prof. Umar Danbatta, said this on the sideline of the Mobile and Disruptive Technology, MoDITECH, Forum 2019 in Lagos.

The theme of the forum is ‘The Power of Digital Services”.

Mr Danbatta said that the trial of the 5G technology would enable the commission to see the key attributes it attained before approval.
The executive vice chairman, represented by Engr Banko Wakil, a Director at NCCHe, said 5G was like a proof of concept to be carried out by operators with the existing frequency and spectrum.

He said that as usual, the proof of concept would be tested by all NCC major vendors in the country.

He added that the commission was part and parcel of digital revolution in the country and had taken steps on digital revolution and the major beneficiaries were the financial sector.

Mr Danbatta said that there were emerging new technologies the commission needed to monitor before their full deployment.

”As such, there is need to put in place the right framework for the technology to rise technically.
”Very soon there will be the deployment of 4G in every city to make people in rural area have access to reliable internet services,” he said.

https://dailynigerian.com/nigeria-to-run-5g-technology-trial-for-3-months-ncc/?

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by ManirBK: 9:38am On Oct 29, 2019
Wait o, una don run 4G successfully? All the 3Gs we have that works like 1byte is that what 9ja will use in testrun the 5g? Where are the needed infrastructure?
Where is the power to keep it running?
Up till now some areas run 2G technology, NCC should verify!

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by helinues: 9:46am On Oct 29, 2019
let's see how it goes
Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by Vulcanheph(m): 9:49am On Oct 29, 2019
We are still running on 2g and 3g and Can't even Boast of 4g, yet someone wants to run 5g.....i Laugh in Swahilli

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by TUANKU(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2019
This scam will rank up there with Air Nigeria.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by hisgrace090: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2019
I hardly get 3g this days or 3g with one bar network.

2g network is the only thing that have complete bar network always.

This country is being managed by jockers I swear.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by LOMBARDY(m): 10:53am On Oct 29, 2019
Misplaced priorities everywhere..

No light but you want to launch 5G

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by Simeony007(m): 11:42am On Oct 29, 2019
Nice development... I heard that it kills alot of birds in a country when they were testing it. I just hope it kills many witches Nigeria anyday they are testing it.

If you can't get good network in Nigeria by now please go and work hard earn enough money and just pack park from where ever you leave or stop complaining. Technology and the world will not wait for you.

5g I can't wait to have you!

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by Timileyin1234(m): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2019
They should be serious
Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by sojayy(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
The scam is loading........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by NORSYK(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
While Glo is still on 2g

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by ambrosedmax(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
grin grin grin LMAO, LOL LMFAO ROTF ID.

Naija I hail dee
Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
Sai Baba and his numerous achievements
Jonathan nearly finished this country until the messiah called Buhari came in and fixed the mess that was wrecked behind by the past administration.
pdp can never smell federal power again.
tufiakwa

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by Vision2ae: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
,it is only Airtel that I know that is 4 g in my area....
buh glo and MTN....buh other things need more priority in this country than a 5g network..when 4g has not reached full potential

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by Coldie(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
There's no need for it though, Nigeria advancement is not ready for 5g...

We have not started making unmanned aircrafts or soldiers.

Why use 5g on ordinary internet when just turning it on on Instagram would load everything and finish your mb in seconds

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by ednut1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
We dont have real 3g una dey talk 5g

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by BlackBovi: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
grin grin

The New Minister for Communication Wan Chop Him Own.

Instead of Buying Houses and Cars !!! with the looted funds !!!

My Pastor once Told me ,

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by airminem(f): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
Ministry of digital economy is a sham.

its time for our nyash to show to the world with 5G

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by AnuliKay: 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
lol. This nation sha
Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by livebyday(m): 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
You don't even have proper working 4G now you want to run a test for 5G?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by Finnese001: 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
sad
Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by Chizmickey(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
Honestly, buhari should have been a comedian, it would have given him more recognition than been a president
Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by Longcucumber(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
We joke and play too much in this country call obodo Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by emmyw(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
3G isn't Stable Yet, They Want To Run 5G....... Who Did We Offend In This Country

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by wagazala: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
What are they even smoking in this country sef?? No light, Bad roads, Unstable Network and na 5g we wan face? 3g never even reach my village.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by RenHub: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
I trust glo... They'd soon start 7g grin
Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by Longcucumber(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
livebyday:
You don't even have proper working 4G now you want to run a test for 5G?
oga ade who dash una 4G the best you guys have in this country is 2G, 3G as it stands is still developing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC by tartar9(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Is Giving Free 1GB DATA / 27 Reasons Why You Should Use Telegram / Pictures From The Itel S11 Trial Event In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.