Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary (30346 Views)

Apostle Elisha Asuquo And Pastor Aniekan Ibanga Killed In Akwa Ibom / 12-year-old Boy In Ibadan Leads Thugs To Kill, Displace Community Residents / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by gimmehear(f): 11:53am On Oct 29, 2019
Thugs Maim Students At Nsit Atai Council Secretariat

Students of tertiary institutions under the National Association of Nsit Atai Students were maimed, tortured and held hostage by armed hoodlums allegedly with Hon. Emem Ibanga, for hours on Monday, 28th October, for protesting non-payment of bursary and other student grants.

Nsit Atai Students
The students led by their Worldwide President, Comrade Inyang Effiong, had converged at the council secretariat by 8:09am, displaying placards and singing student unionism songs.
Like a bolt from the blue, a lad addressed as Ukpak, confronted the students, querying their mission, and why they locked a door at the secretariat.

Efforts by the students to explain their mission fell on deaf ears as the said Ukpak made frantic calls, and later said, “I go show una ruggedity today”, before speeding off in a motorcycle.

Barely fifteen minutes later, armed hoodlums numbering over 20 invaded the council secretariat, shooting indiscriminately and beating most of the students to pulp.

Some students and journalists were apparently lucky to escape. The hoodlums had blocked Odot junction, catching some of the fleeing students in the process.

Some of the escaping students and journalists were pursued with motorcycles from the council secretariat down to Airport Junction, before the hoodlums gave up the chase.

A blogger, Unyime Essien, lost his recording device while a journalist, Ubong Matthew, lost his wallet containing 12 Thousand Naira.

At the council secretariat, it was brutal as the students were locked up and thoroughly beaten. The students had their mobile phones, cash, shoes, bags, wristwatches and other valuables seized. Female students were reportedly abused.

The hoodlums are said to be members of a youth political support group, ONE FOR ALL. The council boss, Hon. Emem Ibanga is said to be the group’s matron.

At the Nsit Atai Divisional Police Station where some of the students were detained for about six hours, the council chairman was defiant as she accused the students of being sponsored to protest. “Tell anybody that sponsored you that nobody can remove me as chairman”, she roared.

Also at the police station, Paramount Ruler of Nsit Atai, Edidem Peter Okon Effiong, blamed the students, saying they should have obtained his permission before holding the protest.
He was given a car same day by the council chairman at the council secretariat.

Worldwide President of the students, Comrade Inyang Effiong was later forced to apologize to the council chairman at the police station.

The students were released from police cell around 5:00pm on Monday. The whereabouts of all the students could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.

The students has earlier told newsmen that the Council Chairman, Police and Paramount Ruler were duly notified of the protest through a letter.

https://www.gbetutv.com/hon-ibangas-thugs-maim-nsit-atai-students-over-bursary/

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by donbachi(m): 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
Aluta spirit don die years ago...if not wetin give am dat mind.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by bro4u: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
F
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Fideo(m): 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
bedrock of Corruption "Nigeria"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Jestin: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
Thuggery is the best paying Business in Nigeria. For more info, contact MC Oluomo

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by superlanny(m): 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
Fighting for your right in Nigeria is a risky something, I never collected bursary once while in school, I knew one God forsaken fellow was swallowing it up and I didn't have the time or energy to protest... Whereas before I can join any protest in this country, better get me an helmet, bulletproof vest, jungle boot and catapult, or I aint protesting shiit.
I will now let one thug mistaken my head for ripe coconut.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by RenHub: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
Students and bursary if you know you know.
That guy is sharp to have alleged he lost his wallet with 12k grin

Call for our 500w mobile power bank with 250AH inbuilt lithium ion battery for your TV, sound system, PCs and light for up to 14hours uptime

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by ursullalinda(f): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2019
Wait oh ...Na woman they act so?....men! Naija don tire me too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by tobtap: 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2019
cheesy grin cheesy ...lolzz...na serious beating oo

5 Likes

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by madgoat(m): 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by PDPBOY(m): 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2019
That how corruptions start

1 Like

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by BOSSkesh(m): 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2019
I laugh in thug

2 Likes

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by iCauseTrouble: 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2019
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by wiseone28: 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2019
That is how it all started

3 Likes

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by kelvxyn: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2019
That yr, u no bold try dis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by omocalabar(m): 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2019
Hungry non-academic students

3 Likes

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Angelfrost(m): 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
Sigh... Just imagine. That one will later become state governor.

If you doubt it, ask indigenes of Rivers, Kogi, and Abia. Smh. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
Wow
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
Hmm
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by mamanotinspoil3: 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nigeria... You promised to pay bursary and then you have them beaten up for reminding you undecided undecided
We have used office items at giveaway prices. Sofa set, inverter, furniture and more. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales

2 Likes

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by MVLOX(m): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
This is what should be done to all thiefing leaders....

1 Like

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Kingv(m): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
Media hype
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Sholexmedia: 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Ogun flooded community where canoes have replaced cars and bikes....

https://www.facebook.com/punchnewspaper/videos/423288825232768/
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by simplyOJ(m): 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
Where they handle by panel beaters See mending

1 Like

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by BanevsJoker(m): 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
Jestin:
Thuggery is the best paying Business in Nigeria. For more info, contact MC Oluomo
"Ah go repor all of them" in Mike's voice.

1 Like

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
This thing reads like a black comedy cheesy

Worldwide president
I go show una ruggedity today

I am laughing so much I have tears in my eyes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Eteka1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2019
Woman for that matter.
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by tillaman(m): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
If a woman can be this brutal ehn, smh for this country! The Aluta whatsoever is a scam and it died with those OAU students (Afrika and co) of God rest their souls
Make una go home go tend to your injuries and pretend this never happened
My 1 kobo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

16-Year-Old Boy "Loses Manhood" In Abuja After Shaking Hands With Stranger / Policeman Stabs A Tricycle Rider To Death With A Dagger In Lagos Over ₦50 / Housewife Stabs Husband To Death In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.