Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? (2209 Views)

Any Issues With Honda City 2010??? / My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! / Problem With Honda Pilot 2004 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by Luckybelt: 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2019
My car has slow drive and slow reverse. Also revs while driving. Just changed the gear box to no avail. Any advice pls?
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by TRYGO(m): 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2019
Some questions for you:
1. Why did you replaced the transmission system in the first place? Because of this same issues?

2. Did you scanned the car before replacing the transmission system, or you just went straight ahead and replaced it because some persons told you, if it acts that way, it must require replacement?

3. What sort of transmission fluid did you used, or are using? I know that transmission is a CVT, that requires a different kind of fluid, and not Mobil 1 or oando a lot of people keep using.

What I think you're experiencing, could be that the drive belts inside the CVT system may have weakened, thereby causing the slippage you noticed (in terms of engine revving during driving).

Pls do scan the car for trouble codes. Might be solenoids related too.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by Luckybelt: 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2019
The ttransmission was replaced because of the same problem

i always use Oando. but not sure
i didnt scan the car
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by TRYGO(m): 10:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Wao! There you go! That oil would kill that transmission system. Might Br the reasons the previous one was destroyed.

Get the car scanned then. You need trouble codes to work with.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by nurey(m): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
Luckybelt:
The ttransmission was replaced because of the same problem

i always use Oando. but not sure
i didnt scan the car

Honda City has manual transmission and CVT not normal automatic.

you should always use Honda cvtf in the transmission, any other thing is going to destroy the transmission
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by Luckybelt: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2019
My Honda City uses automatic gear and has 8 plugs.
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by nurey(m): 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
Luckybelt:
My Honda City uses automatic gear and has 8 plugs.

Your City uses CVT not Automatic transmission. Because you have PRND on your gear doesn't make it an Automatic transmission.

You can either learn from your mistakes or waste funds on ignorance, your call.

5 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by Readonee35L(m): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
nurey:

Your City uses CVT not Automatic transmission. Because you have PRND on your gear doesn't make it an Automatic transmission.

You can either learn from your mistakes or waste funds on ignorance, your call.
A Cvt is an automatic transmission.
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by nurey(m): 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
Readonee35L:

A CVT was designed from an automatic transmission but you will agree with me they are both quite different to a large degree.

besides that city doesn't have an auto trans, it's either manual or CVT. He and his mechanic don't know that reason why they keep pouring Oando dextron 3 inside it.

4 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by Readonee35L(m): 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
nurey:

A CVT was designed from an automatic transmission but you will agree with me they are both quite different to a large degree.

besides that city doesn't have an auto trans, it's either manual or CVT. He and his mechanic don't know that reason why they keep pouring Oando dextron 3 inside it.
A cvt is an automatic Transmission. Irrespective of how it works or is designed.
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by Readonee35L(m): 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
nurey:

A cvt is an automatic Transmission. Irrespective of how it works or is designed.
It is a type of auto trans. You can have auto or manual.
Under auto we have the cvt e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by nurey(m): 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
Readonee35L:

It is a type of auto trans. You can have auto or manual.
Under auto we have the cvt e.t.c

I am not going to get into an argument on that with you, you have a right to your opinion my basis of differentiation is to let the op know CVT is different from an automatic transmission.
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by Luckybelt: 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Well I don’t know if it is cvt or auto. I just want solution to my car

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by Readonee35L(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
nurey:

I am not going to get into an argument on that with you, you have a right to your opinion my basis of differentiation is to let the op know CVT is different from an automatic transmission.
You should rather say. A cvt is different from the traditional auto trans we all know.
But that doesn't make it non automatic.

I'm don't intend to argue with you sir . but you need to be precise and clear with your messages so as not to confuse peiple.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by Joehigashi(m): 12:28am On Oct 31, 2019
Any car without a manual transmission is definitely fitted with an automatic transmission. How you then categorize the automatic transmission is your own bizness.lets try focus on helping to find a solution rather than arguing
@op.u sef dey confuse us with your 8 plug Honda city. Try scan your transmission. Then we can know what next to recommend.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by nurey(m): 7:43am On Oct 31, 2019
Readonee35L:

You should rather say. A cvt is different from the traditional auto trans we all know.
But that doesn't make it non automatic.

I'm don't intend to argue with you sir . but you need to be precise and clear with your messages so as not to confuse peiple.

there was no need for you to bring in the CVT is also an auto, of course I know that, the torque converter type of automatic has made everyone to feel all automatic are automatic.

I already knew the op and his mechanic didn't study that honda city to find out that it was never offered with a conventional auto but purely CVT.

I was just pulling your leg, grin sorry oooo
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by nurey(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2019
Luckybelt:
Well I don’t know if it is cvt or auto. I just want solution to my car

if you have poured Oando into the gear please remove it and buy cvtf you can order from luvinghubby on NL.

You can scan the vehicle and let your mechanic check the wiring of the vehicle if he fixed it well during replacement.
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by em19em9: 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2021
I have seen it all
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? by dicksonadams(m): 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
Readonee35L:

Kwantinue

(1) (Reply)

Buying A Car In Nigeria - A Difficult Task! / The Beast: 10 Things To Know About Obama's Limousine / Who/how Can I Fix This Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.