Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Nipost Workers Demanding Cash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nipost Workers Demanding Cash (1831 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / BREAKING: Airport Workers Shut Down FAAN Headquarters Over Beating Of Colleague / How Many Dayz Does It Take NIPOST To Deliver The Msg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by yercy12: 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
Today is NOVEMBER 12 2010.
The NIPOST LAFIAJI BRANCH JUST DEMANDED 29000 FROM MY SISTER.
These are the contents of my package sent from Connecticut, USA.
Family pictures,
Phone for my old age mum,
Medication for my old age mum,
And wrists watch for my sister.
They held this package for about 3 weeks already before my sister went there and they are requesting 29000 naira.
These items doesn't cost as much as the cash the Post Office are requesting to get the package.
This is 2010. We have to do something. I refuse to pay the money at this time.
I have been calling the Lagos state governor office number and all the number that I can lay my hand on.
This is a menace to Nigerian community. We need to do something.
If Nigerian citizens send a package to the USA, our post office here will bring the package home Free of charge because it’s a general agreement among trade countries.
It’s called free trade for those idiots uneducated NIPOST employees.

WHY ARE THEY ASKING FOR CASH EVERYTIME THEY SEE A PACKAGE FROM OVERSEAS.
ITS CALLED CORUPTION!!! I AM GOING TO OPEN A NEW THREAD ON THIS FORUM AND OTHERS ABOUT THIS MATTER. I HOPE THAT WE WILL GET SOME NUMBERS TO CALL TO GET HELP. WHAT IS POST MASTER GENERAL DOING! ALMOST ALL NIPOST EMPLOYEES ARE CORRUPTED.
I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THEM THIS CASH BECAUSE I DON’T WANT THEM TO DO IT FOR OTHER CITIZENS.
NIGERIA IS THE WEST OF AFRICA. IT CAN BE STOPPED.
PLEASE COUNTRIBUTE GUYS!!!!!! I AM VERY UPSET GRHHHHHH!!!!!
I NEED A NUMBER TO CALL NOW TO BE ON THEIR TAIL.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by DisGuy: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2010
What is the 29,000 for?

Try to wait for the manager or get the post general number instead of the governor's number
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by yercy12: 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
yes I looked for post master general number on the NIPOST website but to no avail.
They dont have it published! NIPOST should have all numbers of contacts on their website
for major concern like this!
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by femmy2010(m): 7:03am On Nov 13, 2010
Tell your people to go to the erring post office and demand to see the person heading the place.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by WAVixen: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2010
I hope this contribution helps, because your parcel was posted from abroad, it will have to be cleared by customs and the NDLEA. Once its found to have the all clear, you must pay customs duty for those items like the wrist watch etc. The cost of the wristwatches must have been decleared by you on the slip you used in posting it. Then its calculated and converted to Naira for you to pay.  Often times the cost is huge, so you cut a deal with the officers. Sadly, what happens is that you reach a deal with the officers and pay a fraction of what you're meant to, a tiny portion is paid to the government while the rest goes into their pockets.
If you decide not to pay or reach a compromise with them your parcel will remain there or if they are gracious and not greedy the parcel should be posted back.
This might sound anonying to you, but even if you call the post master general till tomorrow you'll never get him and no one will attend to you, it all makes your parcel have a target on it. Its not like the US, nothing will come out of it, better tell them to reach a compromise or send the parcel back.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by iaabc(f): 3:12pm On Nov 13, 2010
Someone I know actually asked once that his package be sent back as he wasn't ready for all their wahala.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by yercy12: 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2010
wavixen thanks.
Actually I will prefer to have the package sent back.
LAFIAJI POST OFFICE OBALENDE are fraud.
I mean my package is only 5 pounds.
As to the content. I only declare the content as 100 dollars.
Why in the world will I pay 29000 for items that cost only one hundred dollars.
If I cargo it for 3.99 per pounds. IT will only cost me 20 dollars to get that stuff to Nigeria with no string attached.
I have a cargo company that ship anyweight from Texas.
When I mailed these items I paid 55 dollars for priority to USPS.
All those customs fees are fraud .It doesn't go anywhere since we all know they
embezzle all the money.
I live on Lagos Island all the rest of my life before I moved overseas.
So I am not a punk in anyway.
You said if I called the postmaster general is not going anywhere- just wait and see , this is how bank officials
and Corporation bosses who embezzle many companies money in Nigeria think it's not going anywhere.
Have u heard it in the news that many of them are now going to jail for corruption.
Just wait and see!!!!!!! Its called a Revolution and when it comes! People who are ignorance to change will not accept that it's knocking at their door!
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by Fogman(m): 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2010
Nipost are a big shame. I had similar experience some months back. I bought some consumables from US and i paid additional $50 for delivery through EMS and was told it ll take 5 to 7 working days delivery. I tracked it and discovered it arrived Nigeria on scheduled.

So, i waited for Nipost to deliver or at least notify me of a package awaiting for me. After about 2 weeks i went to Ikeja P O and they used my tracking no to search out the package. I told them my displeasure and i told them to release my package, they asked me to pay N1500 and demanded what it was for and they said it is handling fee. I called there head office and lambasted them.

I now use FEDEX for all my transaction, it cost just little more than EMS.

Poster, i ll advice you google their website and send a mail to the appropriate person. Dont part with that much money. After all, it does not have commercial value to attract custom duties.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by eghost247(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2010
I don't even bother sending things home
i just send the cash
if i can afford
it
they piss me off
seriously
and its totally annoying
i started a thread
on this sometimes back
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by Davedavy: 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2010
I was planning of sending a camcorder to my younger brother through EMS,kai, thank God i found this post.I wonder what the best means of sending stuffs to Naija is?
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by yercy12: 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2010
I won't advice use them! use other carrier. most cargo company will take four dollars per pounds.
Its more cheaper and u will get your stuff with no string attached.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by aaa3: 12:50am On Jan 07, 2011
has anyone shipped with usps lately to nigeria.what is the procedure with customs?
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by Delta007(m): 1:54am On Jan 07, 2011
aaa3:

has anyone shipped with usps lately to nigeria.what is the procedure with customs?
Dont bother shipping stuff by USPS. It will get to Nigeria and be handled by Nipost; same ol story. However, if you decide to, ensure that you insure it just incase the parcel enter voicemail.

I dont advice anyone to ship anything via Fedex either. All these are courier coys and Customs or NDLEA sometimes hijack parcels via these courier services and there's nothing they or you can do unless you pay the required fees or go back door to bribe them to release your goods. If you know a cargo coy that ships and clears, you are way better off.

One thing I keep saying is that we Nigerians are dumb and shortsighted. These Nipost workers keep discouraging people from doing business with them with these actions. Tomorrow, when they lose their jobs because no one is patronising them, they'd say it's one witch in their village. What they forget is that if enough credibility is established in the Nipost business, there's a better chance of them earning alot more, but then nobody seems to care in the country.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by efedavies: 5:40am On Jan 07, 2011
men those guys are mean.they think any from outside the shores are avenue to make money.i was in your shoes of recent.i had to give them 5000 naira to get my packgage just 3 camcoders i bought online from china and i recently bought one pc from china.it was sent to through DHL and was brought directly to my door step without paying a dime.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 07, 2011
efedavies:

men those guys are mean.they think any from outside the shores are avenue to make money.i was in your shoes of recent.i had to give them 5000 naira to get my packgage just 3 camcoders i bought online from china and i recently bought one pc from china.it was sent to through DHL and was brought directly to my door step without paying a dime.
@poster,as far as nigeria is concerned.i'll stick to dhl, others are not reliable.
@efedavies,please can i send you an email? I have a few questions to ask you please? Please drop your email please.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by aaa3: 8:06am On Jan 07, 2011
do u have something on the procedures it takes to ship from us to nigerian custom and then to the receiver?how long can custom hold the package?
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by efedavies: 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
my email is daslinkiest@yahoo.com
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
efedavies:

my email is daslinkiest@yahoo.com

I sent you an email @efedavies
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by efedavies: 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
do u have something on the procedures it takes to ship from us to nigerian custom and then to the receiver?how long can custom hold the package?
i do not have an idea but for the package it depends on the shipping method you have used.where i source for my product,there shipping option is very flexible.they have for 30days,14days and 7days and the prices are different.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2011
efedavies:

i do not have an idea but for the package it depends on the shipping method you have used.where i source for my product,there shipping option is very flexible.they have for 30days,14days and 7days and the prices are different.

@ efedavies,is this post meant for me??, Please oo I dont understand a bit of what you wrote oo, Did you get my email, ? In case its mine then No I have no idea of the shipping and custom stuff, Please drop the website in your reply to my "email" .Thanks
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by DisGuy: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2011
^^ no he was responding to aaa3's post

aaa3:

Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by aieromon(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2011
Why don't you guys just send good ol' cash and avoid all this stress?Most of the things can be bought down here,you know.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by efedavies: 1:56am On Jan 10, 2011
you are way too wrong to source them in nigeria.the prices rae very high and discouraging for a biz man with an eye to make profit,
so my NL it is not difficult.
Re: Nipost Workers Demanding Cash by eghost247(m): 2:02am On Jan 10, 2011
Nipost hasnt gotten to where they should be anybody who wants to send stuff to naija should use cash

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In China / Photos Of Africa's First Underwater Hotel / How To Replace Lost Nigerian International Passport From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.