Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn (2768 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Post Study Work Visa - Points Based System Tier 1-rejection Without Appeal. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Choosy: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2010
I'm writing this cos I know this will encourage someone out there as I've been enlightened by other peoples posts, and also so others can pass their comments vis a vis their experience in applying for UK Tier 1 visa.

After reading nearly all the threads relating to UK Visas (and the Appeal thread too, lols) I finally put in my application for a Tier 1 general migrant last week Friday @ the Ikeja office.

I got a sms that it was ready and i just believed it will be a NO!

It wasnt, My EC was stamped on 9th November

Thats 4 working Days, all in all God is good

*Its important to use the right documents and pray, plus follow the rules.

Loves
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Liss: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2010
@Choosy,

Congrats! Been getting some info concerning this but still pretty ignorant about it, can you please give the load down concerning it? Such as which office Ikeja did you apply to and what are the requirements before it can be approved? etc.

I was informed you must be a master's degree holder? Is dat right?
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by tijanixyz(m): 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2010
choosy,
I really appreciate ur post , please and please can i have u contact phone number we need to talk,u can sent me a text on 08060484030 and i will give u a call immediately,in case u dont want it public. I intend to apply any moment from now and i will need some guidelines, also ur email address will be appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tijani.

tijanixyz@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Choosy: 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2010
@Liss

If you're going to apply by yourself, you need to read, read and read the guidelines available in the below website. I simply cant give u all the info you need here, only clarifications, you ask specific question and people can give you the answer.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier1/general/

Kindly say what you want to say here, God bless.

@ ALL
Anyone with a Tier 1 visa experience here?
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Choosy: 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2010
@Liss
A Bachelor degree holder can apply now as long as u get enough points from Maintenance, Attribute and English,

Once you meet the requirements u cant be denied,, it's straight forward really,
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by tijanixyz(m): 12:30am On Nov 14, 2010
Dear chossy,

Thanks for your reply,i want to apply by myself, i have a printed copy of all the information required to apply and my point based calculator gave me 110 points .But i need answers to the followings.

1. Do i need to process my letter of comparabilty via NARIC for my academics qualification to be claimed or i should just get a letter from my school that i was taught in English language.Which of these did you use ? I finished from Uniport and i have only my success leter (statement of result) only,the certificate is not yet issued.

2.Concerning the English language point ,did u sit for IELTS exam and submit the result or you still claim that you are taught in English language.

3 ,Previous earning : I dont have any official document as my tax certificate,but my tax payment is always reflect on my monthly payslip,can i still use the pay slip for the tax purpose.

4 ,Do i really need a letter from my employer ,if i can provide my payslip from the same employer?

5, Apart from my bank statement for account for 3 months,do i still need to get a letter from my bank.

6. Is it advisable that i should use my salary account to claim point for my maintenance fund or i should open a separate account for it.

Chossy,i may not be able to post all the questions,however the little i have posted will go a long way.I just want to use the means to relocate my family to uk,i will still be working in Nigeria and be shuttling here and there.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Choosy: 10:11am On Nov 15, 2010
@ Tijanixyz

1. Once the Points based calc finds your school,
If ur Cert is not ready yet, it means u graduated not too long ago, so you have to get a letter from your school saying your cert is not ready yet, its important plus your Trascript, that should do, I used my Certificate.

2. Same applies: you're covered once the PBC finds your qualification on the Naric database, though you can get a letter from your school saying ur degree was taught in English: this letter is usually attached to transcripts if you request for it.

3. You dont need tax doc really once you have 2 evidence of earning from diff sources, so ur payslips and authorised bank statements are enough. I dint use Tax docs cos i dint have any.

3. No you dont, u may attach ur employment/promotion letter though.

4. If the bank staementis SIGNED ANS STAMPED on all pages, u dont need a letter.

5. I used same Salary account for both, just print separate stmts for each.

All the best.
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by tijanixyz(m): 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2010
Choosy ,
Thanks for your mail,i really appreciate.
I need to know who and where the letter will be addessed to if i want to get a letter from my school and transcript since i dont have the certificate now, and i will also need this address for the letter of introduction from my bank.

Reply needed as soon as possible.

Regards,
Tijani
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by tijanixyz(m): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ choosy,
least i forget, does it mean ,if my school is among the school on the PBS calculator then it is NARIK recorgnised or do i need to make any confirmation from Narik website?
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Choosy: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2010
Yes, you wont need confirmation from Naric site once your school is on the PBS database, you can address your coresspndences to the Uk High Comission, not important just get the letter.
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by AjanleKoko: 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2010
@OP,
congrats.
You are right on the documentation, and I must say, you're one in a thousand Nigerians.
Nigerians tend to believe in flying by ear, rather than following instructions.
We're also do-or-die in everything we do, so we do a lot of unnecessary running around trying to pre-empt our perception of what the entry clearance officer is going to do. Na wa. Congrats again
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Choosy: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
Aw, d big man, Ajanlekoko, I should say thank you to you for your posts, Funky and all too.

God bless.
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by tijanixyz(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2010
@choosy,
I need to know if u use only ur basic salary only or with others allowances for claiming point in your previous earning. for instance can u analyse the following assumed value in naira for me when making my claim.

1. Basic - 100,000

2. All allowances - 30,000

3, All deductions, including tax,loan,thrift and others - 40,000.

4 , Total take home credited into bank account monthly - 90,000.

As u can see , total package is 130,000 before deduction ,and after deduction it is 90,000.

Can u explain to me if i will use 130,000/ month and multiply it by 12 months to claim my point OR I am to use the 90,000 monthly take home credited into my account and multiply by 12 months to make my claim.

Reply needed as soon as possible
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Choosy: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2010
You are given points on your gross not net income. Your payslip should show both figures.

The addition of 12 months income is what you need.

Regards.
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by tijanixyz(m): 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2010
@ choosy,
U can see how serious i am on the issue.please can u call or flash me on my phone now if u are still online,because i may not be able to be online always.
We need to discurs please,so that u can guide me accordingly.

cheers.
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by ebonie(f): 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2011
Choosy:

I'm writing this cos I know this will encourage someone out there as I've been enlightened by other peoples posts, and also so others can pass their comments vis a vis their experience in applying for UK Tier 1 visa.

After reading nearly all the threads relating to UK Visas (and the Appeal thread too, lols) I finally put in my application for a Tier 1 general migrant last week Friday @ the Ikeja office.

I got a sms that it was ready and i just believed it will be a NO!

It wasnt, My EC was stamped on 9th November

Thats 4 working Days, all in all God is good

*Its important to use the right documents and pray, plus follow the rules.

Loves

I also got the tier 1 visa this January after applying last December.

would like to find out the latest time i and my dependants have to enter the uk. The visa is from 1st February .
(Someone i spoke with said i must enter the uk withing 3 months of getting the visa while another said 6 months)
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Choosy: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2011
Not exactly stated when you have to enter, though the longer you take the more likely you may be questioned when you come in.
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by ebonie(f): 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
Choosy:

Not exactly stated when you have to enter, though the longer you take the more likely you may be questioned when you come in.

ok. tanx
are you in already ?
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by Choosy: 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2011
Yeah, in UK now,
Re: Uk Tier 1 Visa Application Experience: Hmn by ebonie(f): 7:57am On Feb 05, 2011
ok

please can I have your email address?

mine is d_ebonie@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Flight Lagos to Washington DC / Do You Have Any Who Has Been Issue Italy Visa To In This New Year 2017 / How To Genuinely Migrate To Europe Without Much Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.