Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position (22450 Views)

Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? / Lady Who Just Got A Job Reveals What Happens To Her Each Time She Gets Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Mrceejay: 1:40pm On Oct 30, 2019
Please pardon my grammatical and typo errors, I am sharing this to encourage job seekers on this forum, I served in Kogi State, Lokoja to be precise at Dangote cement Plc, Obajana Batch A 2018 and finished in March 2019.

I already planned to spend two months at home with my family before setting out to hustle immediately after my POP which I actually did. On completion of the two months rest, I planned my journey to the north with a business plan and some amount of money but unfortunately I couldn’t proceed with the journey for some reasons and I was already tired of staying at home so I travelled to Ogun State to say hi to a younger cousin who was already working there.

We went to church on my first Sunday with him and he was showing me this big organization and I was like whao…

On Monday I just tried to google search the organization, lo and behold the school has a website, checked their website and saw a 2018 job advert for a media person I just dropped my cv and wrote a short cover letter about being an embedded systems engineer and can do robotics and automation stuffs, and I received a mail which reads ”when can you come in?” I resumed in less than 2 weeks and I’m already 4months into the job , no exam, no serious interview except that I had to do a little exhibition of my skill and my co-workers were like who brought you here, how did you get this job and all.

The bottom line is I got a job for an unadvertised position in that organization majorly because of the skill I have. Yours is coming soon

267 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by mikky24: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hmm.. Encouraging

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Presh900(m): 7:31am On Oct 31, 2019
Lalasticlala, this is quite encouraging.

Meanwhile ,contact me for your ethical hacking course at cheap

3 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by emeijeh(m): 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
Congats

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by larryeffizy1(m): 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
Waoo!!! Favour tho...

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by namiji2598: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
:another man`s food is another man poison

e work for u, no be say e go work for uche

if I try am now, na hunger and starvation go kill me for my cousins place

luckily enough u have a skill, and thats what am lacking, please who can suggest skills that can help me bosst my CV

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Freemanbobble: 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2019
Okay
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by dadebayo1(m): 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
Congrats.. Your experince will motivate others to also explore.. All the best

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by helinues: 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
Lucky you

congrats
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by mamanotinspoil3: 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
In summary, try your luck and submit CV even without an advertised opening. Congrats! How we go take wash am now bros @OP? cheesy

We have used office items at giveaway prices. Sofa set, 7.6kva generator, furniture and more. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Zontage: 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
Quite an interesting one. Probably they haven't seen anyone to occupy that position since 2018.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by johncallidon(m): 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
shocked
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nice one... Honestly, i think the online applications don't really work like walking in to organizations to submit in person. I also know a friend who kept applying for jobs online especially through Ngcareers everyday when they send him job updates and he wasn't even vetting called for interviews in those places. He only got called few times {say like 2 out of like 30 to 40 applications}. Then recently, he decided to make plenty copies of his CV and started walking into companies and outsourcing firms to submit by hand.. Right from the week he started that, he started getting calls for many interviews and eventually, he landed himself 2 jobs at once in a single week which was about 2 weeks ago... Online applications do work too but in this Naija i don't think it's as effective as making moves personally

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by AirstarKane(f): 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
Congrats. I like the emphasis on skills.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by goshen26: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
Congrats, greater height!

When you are looking for job, employ yourself by searching for jobs.

Use at least 2 hours a day to search for companies, send your CV to their career section. Some do put mail, send your CV to their mail.

Follow them on social media too.

Their are many unadvertised jobs, cos they just pick few application in their portal/career section.

Some companies feel that when they openly advertise they get enormous application, so they just pick from their career section, the application dangling there.

I got my first job by sending mail to the mail of the CEO
My second job through nairaland job section (Debby's thread)

Don't just sit with WhatsApp and chat till ur battery runs out.

Most importantly, Pray cos God is still I'm the business of answering prayers

24 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by EkwensuAmosu1: 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Lucky you

congrats
[/s]
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by BoleAndFish: 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
Skill!!!

Where did you learn embedded systems?

Cc: Mrceejay

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by spirul77: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2019

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by BarrElChapo(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
nice one congrats op
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Lamasta(m): 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2019
Lol your gift make way for You
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2019
Please I am looking for a job too

Qualification: LL.B (HONS) , B.L. ACCA Cert IFR

smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by MuviewNigeria(m): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
namiji2598:
:another man`s food is another man poison

e work for u, no be say e go work for uche

if I try am now, na hunger and starvation go kill me for my cousins place

luckily enough u have a skill, and thats what am lacking, please who can suggest skills that can help me bosst my CV

No suggestion will help with that negative attitude.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mrceejay:
Please pardon my grammatical and typo errors, I am sharing this to encourage job seekers on this forum, I served in Kogi State, Lokoja to be precise at Dangote cement Plc, Obajana Batch A 2018 and finished in March 2019.

I already planned to spend two months at home with my family before setting out to hustle immediately after my POP which I actually did. On completion of the two months rest, I planned my journey to the north with a business plan and some amount of money but unfortunately I couldn’t proceed with the journey for some reasons and I was already tired of staying at home so I travelled to Ogun State to say hi to a younger cousin who was already working there.

We went to church on my first Sunday with him and he was showing me this big organization and I was like whao…

On Monday I just tried to google search the organization, lo and behold the school has a website, checked their website and saw a 2018 job advert for a media person I just dropped my cv and wrote a short cover letter about being an embedded systems engineer and can do robotics and automation stuffs, and I received a mail which reads ”when can you come in?” I resumed in less than 2 weeks and I’m already 4months into the job , no exam, no serious interview except that I had to do a little exhibition of my skill and my co-workers were like who brought you here, how did you get this job and all.

The bottom line is I got a job for an unadvertised position in that organization majorly because of the skill I have. Yours is coming soon
Congratulations smiley Amen too

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by namiji2598: 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
MuviewNigeria:

No suggestion will help with that negative attitude.
pls those first lines are jus for fun,,
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by mysticgal(f): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
Jobs would surely come cool

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by shakaranews: 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
Congratulations.

Meanwhile, meet award winning super talented beautiful kid actress Angel Onyi Unigwe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ydZv5zjZg
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by sonature1: 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:
Nice one... Honestly, i think the online applications don't really work like walking in to organizations to submit in person. I also know a friend who kept applying for jobs online especially through Ngcarrear everyday when they send him job updates and he wasn't even vetting called for interviews in those places. He only got called few times {say like 2 out of like 30 to 40 applications}. Then recently, he decided to make plenty copies of his CV and started walking into companies and outsourcing firms to submit by hand.. Right from the week he started that, he started getting calls for many interviews and eventually, he landed himself 2 jobs at once in a single week which was about 2 weeks ago... Online applications do work too but in this Naija i don't think it's as effective as making moves personally

I know someone who got a good job via the Internet.

My bro, what we need in Nigeria is skill.

Whether connection or no connection you will get a job if you have a good skill.

OP got that job because people who have his kinda skill are few in this country.

I.T. is the future

12 Likes

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Olateef(m): 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:
Nice one... Honestly, i think the online applications don't really work like walking in to organizations to submit in person. I also know a friend who kept applying for jobs online especially through Ngcarrear everyday when they send him job updates and he wasn't even vetting called for interviews in those places. He only got called few times {say like 2 out of like 30 to 40 applications}. Then recently, he decided to make plenty copies of his CV and started walking into companies and outsourcing firms to submit by hand.. Right from the week he started that, he started getting calls for many interviews and eventually, he landed himself 2 jobs at once in a single week which was about 2 weeks ago... Online applications do work too but in this Naija i don't think it's as effective as making moves personally

I got more than 4 jobs through online application this year alone.
6 figures jobs ooo.
I think it depends on your experience and how you can sell yourself.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. / Reasons To Start A Private School Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.