Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,657 members, 7,813,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Yoruba Movies Miseducation. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Movies Miseducation. (1008 Views)

Please Where Can I Download All These Very Old Yoruba Movies / Must Watch Yoruba Movies Of 2020 / FAAJI Tv.... Enjoy The Best Of Yoruba Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by sammirano: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
I want to focus on the Yoruba film industry because I'm certain of the constant occurence of this miseducation and it is repulsive.

To begin, even though the Nigeria system can sometimes be disfunctional, the movie industry should try its best to present an ideal situation. I believe this is the case in Hollywood.

The issue of police arrest and toture in many yoruba films suggests a very limited education of the producers of these films or they just willfully choose to mislead the public.

It is in a Yoruba film that police will arrest you, and become the judge, jury and exectioner. It is as though police sole means of retrieving information is torture, without recourse to individual rights and privileges. The most annoying thing is the fact that many people go about with this prepestrous mentality.

Na beg I dey beg Yoruba movie producers and script writers. Ejo Sir ati Ma. E make correction.
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by Saintbusco1(m): 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
is it only the nollywood policing that baffled you?

in Yoruba film industry... in few months you left village to Lagos boom you are Rich... and by consequence Lagos is now overpopulated.... they are miseducating us seriously
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by sammirano: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
Saintbusco1:

in Yoruba film industry... in few months you left village to Lagos boom you are Rich... and by consequence Lagos is now overpopulated.... they are miseducating us seriously

You are right. There are many issues in the industry.
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by edoairways: 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Op if you want to critic an industry do so without comparing it with Hollywood. You can't compare an industry of 20 years plus with another that is over 50 years old.
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by TopeQs: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2019
Saintbusco1:

this part is in almost all Nigerian movies...

both Yoruba and the English part, I can't say about the Hausa movies though as they tend to go through the religious side.

but really, Yoruba movies miseducate a lot, I'm sure there are a lot of people who believes every unfortunate incident that happens to them is as a result of "bad" people that don't want them to succeed in life. They always have to attribute it to a diabolical belief or some sort...
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by Ayomarcel(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2019
Well, just like how all movies should be. Movies pictures the society and if the Yoruba Movie industry pictures that in their works.. That means how the Police force treats its citizens which is true as u can see what's going on in the society.. But I think I still prefer Yoruba industry they're deep and have a good morals.. The English counterpart is about exotic lifestyle which isn't for an average Nigerian.
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by sammirano: 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
edoairways:
Op if you want to critic an industry do so without comparing it with Hollywood. You can't compare an industry of 20 years plus with another that is over 50 years old.

If you read with an open eyes you will discover that I'm not really comparing.
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by edoairways: 12:06am On Nov 01, 2019
sammirano:

If you read with an open eyes you will discover that I'm not really comparing.
You should have just critic the producers without reference to Hollywood. Hollywood may have produced standard movies however they had passed through phases with the support from their government. Nollywood is about 20 years plus with little support from the government yet their movies are watched across Africa, Europe and other parts of the world.
Yoruba and Igbo movies share similar problem with similar story line. Many of their story lines and plots are quack. Ironically many of the top producers are Yorubas and Igbos however they tend to concentrate on English movies.
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by edoairways: 12:16am On Nov 01, 2019
Ayomarcel:
Well, just like how all movies should be. Movies pictures the society and if the Yoruba Movie industry pictures that in their works.. That means how the Police force treats its citizens which is true as u can see what's going on in the society.. But I think I still prefer Yoruba industry they're deep and have a good morals.. The English counterpart is about exotic lifestyle which isn't for an average Nigerian.
The bolded text is not true probably you are used to watching that genres of movies. The English movies have varieties to chose hence it depends on the ones you watch.
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by Ayomarcel(m): 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
edoairways:

The bolded text is not true probably you are used to watching that genres of movies. The English movies have varieties to chose hence it depends on the ones you watch.

Maybe you've a point there.. I'll be open to my varieties now.
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by edoairways: 8:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Ayomarcel:

Maybe you've a point there.. I'll be open to my varieties now.
You can try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4sEQxZ30nM
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by Ayomarcel(m): 9:26am On Nov 02, 2019
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by sammirano: 9:27am On Nov 02, 2019
edoairways:

You should have just critic the producers without reference to Hollywood. Hollywood may have produced standard movies however they had passed through phases with the support from their government. Nollywood is about 20 years plus with little support from the government yet their movies are watched across Africa, Europe and other parts of the world.
Yoruba and Igbo movies share similar problem with similar story line. Many of their story lines and plots are quack. Ironically many of the top producers are Yorubas and Igbos however they tend to concentrate on English movies.

What im asking of them requires no funding. Its just for them to present an ideal situation which is very much still applicable even todays Nigeria. Lack of education and appropriate information is the weapon of corrupt officers.
Re: Yoruba Movies Miseducation. by edoairways: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2019
sammirano:

What im asking of them requires no funding. Its just for them to present an ideal situation which is very much still applicable even todays Nigeria. Lack of education and appropriate information is the weapon of corrupt officers.
Yeah but leave Hollywood out of the picture

(1) (Reply)

Money Heist V Prison Break / Latest Hot Movies Download + Full Series / Is Ebonyi State An Igbo State?- Ceec, Bbnaija Lawyer Asks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.