Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast (7747 Views)

Chris Brown Ft Lil Wayne And Too Short- Loyal (west Coast Version) / North, South, East Or West, Which Region Holds Real Hip Hop Down In Naija? / West Coast American Rap: What You Think About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by slimshady2: 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2006
Who do u think is better east coast or west coast rap . will it be 2pac (r.i.p), dr dre ,snoop ice-cube or notorious b.i.g (r.i.p), nas , jay z rakim .
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by spikelord(m): 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2006
U need to classify them first.
But from the list u've just given out!

2Pac
Biggie
Nas
Snoop
Sean Carter
Dre
Ice Cube
Rakim
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by spikelord(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2006

2Pac
Biggie
Nas
Snoop
Sean Carter
Dre
Ice Cube
Rakim
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by spikelord(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2006

2Pac
Biggie
Nas
Snoop
Sean Carter
Dre
Ice Cube
Rakim
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by ldollier(f): 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2006
the east coast has always been and will be better. the only good thing the west had was tupac, dre, ice cube more to come if i remember.

but when you talk of the east coast, you talk of biggie, fiddy, jada,fat joe, ja rule e.t.c

but shoo, forget the east/west coast the south is about to blow up, very big. they are already the hottest rappers in the usa
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by slimshady2: 12:03am On Jan 21, 2006
i think east side is better lyrically n west side iz better with beats . but pac iz on west an dope producers like dre but eastside have b.i.g n nas but even nas has 2 bow 2 pac
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by eveseh(f): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2006
ice cube
nelly
snoop
50cent
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by Theryman(m): 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2006
I'd say since it started -some would say that it started when Tupac was shot in New York, but for me, the label war started when Biggie signed to Bad Boy records :
94= East (ready to die and ILLMATIC!!!!!!!)
95= West (Me against the world + Hit'em Up)
96= West (all eyez on me + 2pac died : the Hottest year in hip-hop!!!!! : reasonable doubt; the score; the 7day theory)
97= East (Life after Death +Biggie died)
98= East (hard knock life + the miseducation of Lauryn Hill)
99= West (Eminem Joins Aftermath and creates Shady Aftermath)
2000= West ( Marshall Mathers LP)
2001= TIE ( the best year in hip hop after 1996 : chronic2001 on the west side and Blueprint and Stillmatic on the east side)
2002= West (paid tha cost to be tha boss- the worst year in hip hop)
2003 = East (eminem discovers 50 while Jay-Z drops the black album)
2004= East (Kanye west college dropout)
2005= East far far ahead (kanye west late registration and Game claims that he loves New York tho he's from LA + all the new beefs in New York and finally the "I declare war" concert)
2006= I was expecting that dre would drop "detox" and I would give it to the west but as it dosent seem like it's gonna happen, we dont know yet,
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by Eastcoast(f): 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2006
Eastcoast rap is better. anyday anytime.
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by Hero(m): 5:31am On May 01, 2006
Theryman:

I'd say since it started -some would say that it started when Tupac was shot in New York, but for me, the label war started when Biggie signed to Bad Boy records :
94= East (ready to die and ILLMATIC!!!!!!!)
95= West (Me against the world + Hit'em Up)
96= West (all eyez on me + 2pac died : the Hottest year in hip-hop!!!!! : reasonable doubt; the score; the 7day theory)
97= East (Life after Death +Biggie died)
98= East (hard knock life + the miseducation of Lauryn Hill)
99= West (Eminem Joins Aftermath and creates Shady Aftermath)
2000= West ( Marshall Mathers LP)
2001= TIE ( the best year in hip hop after 1996 : chronic2001 on the west side and Blueprint and Stillmatic on the east side)
2002= West (paid tha cost to be tha boss- the worst year in hip hop)
2003 = East (eminem discovers 50 while Jay-Z drops the black album)
2004= East (Kanye west college dropout)
2005= East far far ahead (kanye west late registration and Game claims that he loves New York tho he's from LA + all the new beefs in New York and finally the "I declare war" concert)
2006= I was expecting that dre would drop "detox" and I would give it to the west but as it dosent seem like it's going to happen, we don't know yet,

Hold up!! Em and his flow,  is a product of Detroit, and that's East Coast, or Midwest at the least. And while Tu Pac spent most of his career in the game in the West he was born, raised and started rapping on the East Coast (Brooklyn, NYC),  and most knowledgeable folks know that his flow was clearly that of an East Coast Nicca. No other West Coast artist flowed like him, yet plenty of East Coast headz did and do.

He's a product of the East Coast, who moved to the West with his parents when he was younger, after attending a major school of performing arts in Baltimore. Yet, he later returned to the east and started his career with the Digital Underground, an legendary East Coast group. He rolled with them for a good spell shaping and and molding his talent,  before releasing his own work,  starting with "2Pacalyps Now".

2Pac was simply an East Coast artist repping the West. A trader, to say the least. Without an East Coaster (2Pac),  the West wouldn't had even been in the same ball park as the East. East Coasters rap smart, eeeerbody else raps thug.  Now one shouldn't ever get that Twisted.

Tu Pac, Kanye, Nas, Big, Rakim, Em, Common, Talib Kwale, Seagal, Big Daddy Kane, Public Enemy, Fresh Prince, Queen Latifah, Koo Mo Dee (SP), , Jam master flash, 50, Fabolous, Wu Tang Klan, Q-Tip, Fugees, Fat Joe, Busta Rymes,  and on and on and on. The game is locked. The NYC alone,  can stand alone by it self as the most profound spot in the world for Hip-Hip production in history.
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by Theryman(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2006
OK I know that Tupac started rappin in NYC (it is said that he developped his skillz in Baltimore), but he was produced by Death Row, the hottest westcoast label at his time. have you never heard "Hit'em Up" ? we screams westside plenty of time in it, he does the westside handsign (also in the music video 2 of amerikaz most wanted) Tupac, has a east style I definitely agree, but as his DJs ans his producers are from the west, he is classified as Westcoast rap. some1 who battles in your army is from the same country as you cause he defends your territory.

Eminem is produced by Dre, I've hesitated to put him on the Eastside, but I have to be fair and not entirely partial, I personnally prefer Eastcoast rap, but Em wouldn't have been that big in the world if Dr DRE didn't produce him. That's why I put him into the Westcoast rap.

Yeah and definately NYC is tha place ! Hip Hop revolvs around NYC! nowadays even more than in the 90's.
Re: Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast by beyunce(f): 1:43pm On May 16, 2006
Westcoast

(1) (Reply)

Who Remembers This Song By Nel Oliver Titled "Baby Girl"? / Download Album: Kizz Daniel – No Bad Songz / Who Is Tuface's Record Label And Publisher? Re: Potential Scam For Music Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.