Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 (57365 Views)

2 Famous Musicians Who Have Adopted Portable As A Role Model / Big Boy Breaks Down In Tears As Friends Abandon Him After He Became Broke (video / 10 Famous Musicians Who Died At A Young Age (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by tunary(m): 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
Who says original stereo man is broke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by dannybrasky(m): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
Question is were they rich at the initial stage??

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Ategberoson(m): 5:22pm On Oct 31, 2019
olu77:
All the above mentioned artists including Zakky, Blakky and others paved the way for the profitable, contemporary music industry that we have today.

In the early 90s Zakky with a bright touch light translated Shaba Ranks song to Hausa and it went viral. At the same time Yemi my lover gave us pure entertainment in home video followed by Living in Bondage 1992.

Rest in perfect peace Nomoreloss.
Rest in perfect peace Francis Agu

you just take my memory back the far lane. I can remembered how Yemi jumped from from a kilometre to thousand of it and his mumu love for mammywater

I told some kids in my area that they enjoy their childhood age as we enjoyed back then

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Halo22: 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
It is always like that for most secular musicians even in America. Lilwayne is almost mad and broke now, not just him, by the time R.kelly finished serving his trial, brokenness will visit him.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by pocohantas(f): 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
generationz:
Ops write up is not well arranged.

The truth is most artistes are "live-in-the-moment" kinda guys.
When they get their first hit ( mostly with their first or second singles) they don't know how to plan for the future. They spend all their earning on women and enjoyment.

Only a few artists will ever smell the limelight and just a few will remain relevant.

I don't know what OP means by broke, because we do not even know what some of these guys are currently up to.

What I know is, during their time, it wasn't this profitable. There were no endorsements, no plenty yahoo boys to hype...etc. Even big shows were headlined by foreign artistes. Shebi na wetin make Eedris wan fight 50cent.

Tuface and his likes dey lucky, smart and talented enough to cross into another music generation. They had to waterdown their music to fit into the shakushaku generation. Money must be made.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2019
Ajasa is fine now, he even performd @ Ibadan early this month

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by webngnews: 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
They were never rich they were just famous just like 95percent of the current ones too. The fame is an illusion

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
generationz:
Ops write up is not well arranged.

The truth is most artistes are "live-in-the-moment" kinda guys.
When they get their first hit ( mostly with their first or second singles) they don't know how to plan for the future. They spend all their earning on women and enjoyment.

Only a few artists will ever smell the limelight and just a few will remain relevant.

Spending money on women and enjoyment is actually a good investment.

This is what Bill gates, mark zukerberg did at their young age and look at them today cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by udemzyudex(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
I even think say the op wan mention recent artists,oga that year money no too dey industry like e dey now.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Fantazy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2019
professorval1:
Which Lord of Ajasa is critically ill?
Is it not same one we heard of recently that had an encounter with the police?

Bloggers and rubbish,
Be like,
Pencil and eraser!

That was ID Cabasa
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Seyilome(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2019
Pls kindly remove STYL PLUS from your list,though they might not be doing well again in the music industry but they are not broke at all,they are into agric business and oil & gas. I always follow there interviews and trends. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by zedman1(m): 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
professorval1:
Which Lord of Ajasa is critically ill?
Is it not same one we heard of recently that had an encounter with the police?

Bloggers and rubbish,
Be like,
Pencil and eraser!
Kai bro, why all the cho-cho-cho? That was ID Cabasa, not Lord of Ajasa.
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by brownbib(m): 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Very hilarious article.
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by odave: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
tstx:

One can't stay in the limelight forever... Have sense baba and save your pity

Na you no get sense Na. I made my comments with no insult to anyone or you in particular, so why the insult? Coz it's a faceless forum isn't it?
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by LyfeJennings(m): 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
These guys never had any money
They did it for the passiom
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by lanocfoods: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
African China nko?
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by ikorodureporta: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
I remember when I dey stroll with my guy for AJ wey him show me Marvellous Benjy. I com dey feel say Kenny reap d guy
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Sambaby7640: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nastybrave2016:
you are funny but you danced to their music
stop using freebasics you no go hear
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by litaninja(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
What you need to realize is that every single Nigerian is one chronic health condition away from penury...

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by aspirebig: 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
Where is Majek Fashek?

Isn't he a Nigerian musician and also broke?
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by generationz(f): 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
pocohantas:

I don't know what OP means by broke, because we do not even know what some of these guys are currently up to.

What I know is, during their time, it wasn't this profitable. There were no endorsements, no plenty yahoo boys to hype...etc. Even big shows were headlined by foreign artistes. Shebi na wetin make Eedris wan fight 50cent.

Tuface and his likes dey lucky, smart and talented enough to cross into another music generation. They had to waterdown their music to fit into the shaku shaku generation. Money must be made.

grin grin grin

That's why diversification is key. A good example is Will Smith

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Chiemeka1: 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sample Ekwe
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Omolomo4eva(m): 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
wat of Majek Fashek?
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Hedonisco: 10:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
generationz:

grin grin grin

That's why diversification is key. A good example is Will Smith
Or Jamie Foxx, or Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
But these are outliers. You can't give what you don't have.

@OP, no need to mock these guys. They all paid their dues. Some of them are still doing alright outside of limelight. But even if not, life eventually happens to everyone. You can't escape it.

By the way, I'm more concerned about 'recent' female artistes like Waje, Cynthia Morgan and Co. How do they even survive? How do they feed and pay house rent?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by generationz(f): 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hedonisco:

Or Jamie Foxx, or Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
But these are outliers. You can't give what you don't have.

@OP, no need to mock these guys. They all paid their dues. Some of them are still doing alright outside of limelight. But even if not, life eventually happens to everyone. You can't escape it.

By the way, I'm more concerned about 'recent' female artistes like Waje, Cynthia Morgan and Co. How do they even survive? How do they feed and pay house rent
?

I hope they have side hustles that keep them.
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Nastybrave2016: 6:34am On Nov 01, 2019
ikorodureporta:
I remember when I dey stroll with my guy for AJ wey him show me Marvellous Benjy. I com dey feel say Kenny reap d guy
Kennis music deal with guy that year
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by Melkizedeck: 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
What of Tony Tetuiller? Been a very long time we heard from him!
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by opebiboy: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
All of them are broke. Na audio money all of them get. Fake people
Re: 10 Nigeria's Famous Musicians Who Became Broke By NastyBrave2016 by 9jaRealist: 6:31am On Nov 03, 2019
NEVER HEARD OF ANY OF THESE PEOPLE.... shocked
>

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot Photos Of Moyo Lawal In Short Yellow Dress Got People Talking / Kenyan Fitness Model, Mimi The Illest, And Her Amazing Poses Got People Talking / Lady Who Accused Timaya Of Rape Now Moves Around With Gun (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.