Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? (842 Views)

Should A Single Lady Be Friends With A Married Man? / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by yeyebrity: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2019
Hey peeps! Please, I would like to know how possible it is for a single lady to officially change her name in Nigeria. What I mean is, changing your first and last names without being married.

I did a quick google search and part of the requirements is a marriage certificate. The question is, is it possible to take a completely different name without being married? Your contributions will be deeply appreciated. Regards.
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by kunleweb: 8:09am On Oct 31, 2019
Yes. Anyone can change a name without even giving any one reasons why such a lady needs to effect such a change. Head to the nearest court within an hour he process should be done and dusted

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by Skyfornia(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2019
yeyebrity:
Hey peeps! Please, I would like to know how possible it is for a single lady to officially change her name in Nigeria. What I mean is, changing your first and last names without being married.

I did a quick google search and part of the requirements is a marriage certificate. The question is, is it possible to take a completely different name without being married? Your contributions will be deeply appreciated. Regards.

Very very possible. All you need is a court affidavit/change of name and a publication in one of the national dailies.

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by popsy2(m): 8:30am On Oct 31, 2019
yeyebrity:

Check us out at Lawlab. Com. Ng

It is amongst the things we assist people with.
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by internationalman(m): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2019
why are you suddenly tired of your name.
Is it giving you bad luck.
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by yeyebrity: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2019
kunleweb:
Yes. Anyone can change a name without even giving any one reasons why such a lady needs to effect such a change. Head to the nearest court within an hour he process should be done and dusted

Okay, thanks.
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by yeyebrity: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2019
Skyfornia:

Very very possible. All you need is a court affidavit/change of name and a publication in one of the national dailies.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by yeyebrity: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2019
internationalman:
why are you suddenly tired of your name.

Is it giving you bad luck.

Hmnn......
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by newlandf: 2:20am On Nov 01, 2019
they'd
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by Katier00(f): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2019
Why not, i just did mine without marriage certificate
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2019
yeyebrity:

Hmnn......

Tell us...
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by Zombiekiller010: 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
Katier00:
Why not, i just did mine without marriage certificate
whats the process
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by frozen70g(f): 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2019
yeyebrity:

As a single lady or guy, you have your reasons to change your name as you wishes

Marriage is not the only reason to change name

But bear in mind that you already have a certificate that bears a name you want to change

Whatever your reasons is what you have to defend anything it comes up
Re: Can A Single Lady Officially Change Her Name In Nigeria? by Katier00(f): 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
whats the process
court affidavits and a change of name. I just changed to my maiden name

(1) (Reply)

Sponsor Girlfriend University Education Or Use the money for Bet? / Help Me / HELP: My Biological Father Is Always Laying Courses On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.