Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,564 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? (23442 Views)

Should I Tell My Boss About It / My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by nairalanduseles: 9:24am On Nov 06, 2019
Jh0wsef:

lol. is OP still a kid? you are not man enough to accept the fact that mouth odor is bad. just deal with it bros

In the midst of having responsibilities, Good hygiene is vital too.

So because I have responsibilities. I shouldn't take my bathe or take care of my body. if sickness come. all the responsibilities no go pend?

You don't have a point bros.

You are so ignorant.....what do you think causes bad breath......educate yourself son
bad breath is usually caused by poor oral hygiene habits, infections that occur in the mouth, unhealthy habits, such as smoking and alcohol intake, and foods that you eat. Other culprits include dry mouth, respiratory tract infections, systemic diseases such as diabetes, kidney, liver and lung disease and gastrointestinal issues, which may include acid reflux and other stomach digestion problems
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Onu07(m): 9:33am On Nov 06, 2019
Just buy her mouth wash, she will understand
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by ninodaniel(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2019
Brandstudio01:
There are more than a dozen ways to do that without putting yourself in a bad spot.

1. First of all you need to become his intimate friend. He needs to believe you're his friend. Because you can't change a man who is not your friend or else the consequences would be massive

2. Make sure you use indirect speech.

3. Try as much to be both polite, friendly and formal in your speech.

4. When you're done make sure you blame his problem on something else, not him so he doesn't suffer lost of confidence which is the primary reason you want to help him

You can start by asking him which Toothpaste do you use?

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.
him or her? abi u no even read the post... so person dey reason u say d odour is already killing him u r giving him steps to follow before telling someone the obvious truth like getting intimate with the person.. na die b that.. u r just funny dude
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by soanl: 9:39am On Nov 06, 2019
Politely say it and end it with I'm sorry if this offends you.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by farady(m): 9:41am On Nov 06, 2019
OP simply call her out in private, sit her down and tell her politely. Watch her reaction. Of course she will be very uncomfortable but this is where you will display maturity and sincere concern of a colleague that truly wants to help. So you can now give her an encouraging smile that would will put her at ease and relaxed.

Next, you suggest ways to go about it. A sure bet will be for her to see a doctor and or a dentist. They will be able to assist her with finding a cure after a thorough examination.

At the end, she will be most grateful to you and respect will be for a life time. So try and be a good friend.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by madgoat(m): 9:42am On Nov 06, 2019
kestolove95:
Maut and body odour at same time? Who did she offend

Whats the meaning of 'maut'

Bad English is worse than mouth odour grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 06, 2019
Noblejay7:
Please, how do i politely tell a colleague who has mouth and body odor to take care of it without the person picking offence. I can't stand it anymore as she likes speaking in my face.

Tell her na.. "What Toothpaste are you using? " she will ask you why?? Just reply with "Just asking"

In your mind, what you meant to say is "your mouth is smelling like a gutter" but she may become deflated because of that..

Just flow with discretion!! undecided
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by jaxxy(m): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2019
Noblejay7:
Please, how do i politely tell a colleague who has mouth and body odor to take care of it without the person picking offence. I can't stand it anymore as she likes speaking in my face.

Buy her expensive perfumes and mouthwash like it’s a gift and make sure u add flowers too. Thank me later.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by udemzyudex(m): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2019
Buy 1 pack of butter mint not any mouth refreshing mint. She will understand.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by PrincessGift(f): 10:04am On Nov 06, 2019
ACRI:
Buy mints and give her

This popular Orbit gum & a body spray...…..

she will understand immediately

There is this girl I told to take care of her vagina smelling like rotten fish.
I said it politely through WhatsApp, I asked my female doctor friend n she prescribed drugs n vagina cream which I sent to her

She was defensive n said it was cos she just finished her menses angry undecided

But I have done my part sha and am not hitting that thing again

undecided angry lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by anenymasng(m): 10:24am On Nov 06, 2019
Drop an anonymous note for her. Shikena
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by KayCee92(m): 10:52am On Nov 06, 2019
Write it on a paper and drop on her table....u can even type it so she knows how serious it is. That is if it won't point to you.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by eguarojeona: 11:06am On Nov 06, 2019
Why do you want to do that.Do your work,get paid and go home my fren
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by GOOOGLE504(m): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2019
Justpd:
One person get both mouth and body odor?
That one na pig o no be today.
The last time I told someone he has mouth odour, it didn't make him to stop having mouth odour rather, he stopped being comfortable around me.

So mind your business

Its only natural of them to stop feeling comfortable around you. I'd advise you ignore and dodge them as much as possible, but when it turns out you are suffocating or dying from the smell, then you can talk to them politely and even mention ways you can be of help.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by adontcare(f): 11:15am On Nov 06, 2019
Call her and advise her nicely
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by parcydrix(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2019
See how people are saying buy her toothpaste and body spray like say if person carry those things give u better shame no go catch u
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by lexyj123(f): 11:41am On Nov 06, 2019
start the conversation with a proven solution, dont just break the new. she must have been told before now.

Noblejay7:

Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Meklex(m): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2019
Whatever you do, never tell her she has mouth odour. Just advertise her mouth and body odor in a newspaper or magazine, she will read it
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by ottersberger(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2019
Why do most respondents here assume the lady do not brush her teeth?.

Discounting any underlying medical condition, halitosis can occur as a result of tooth decay. Your first line of action should be consultation with a trained dentist.

Overtime, the enamel of our teeth wears thin and bacteria eats through them to nest in the inner part of the tooth. This situation causes a cavity to form on the tooth or teeth, and therefore a fertile ground for odour causing bacteria.

A dentist should be able to diagnose if your teeth and gums are healthy, and otherwise provide treatment usually by escavating the decay and filling up the resultant hole.

To protect your teeth and practice good mouth hygiene, always floss your teeth everyday before going to bed to deny bacteria in your mouth food they need to multiply.

Your tongue is a major bacteria bearing platform. Scrape your tongue with a metal tongue scrapper daily.

To maintain a healthy mouth flora, just brushing your teeth is not enough. Brush your teeth 2 times daily at the least, and use a flouride toothpaste.

As for body booze, una don forget say country hard?. Deodorant and soap don too cost biko.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by SMBH: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2019
ACRI:
Buy mints and give her

This popular Orbit gum & a body spray...…..

she will understand immediately

There is this girl I told to take care of her vagina smelling like rotten fish.
I said it politely through WhatsApp, I asked my female doctor friend n she prescribed drugs n vagina cream which I sent to her

She was defensive n said it was cos she just finished her menses angry undecided

But I have done my part sha and am not hitting that thing again

Yuk!!!
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by monerozi5590: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
orezino:
same issue with my girlfriend,but i can't tell her even till now.

You are really trying. If i were you, i will try and help her.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by seandurse(m): 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
Just take three bottles of Goldberg. the rest is history
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Qadaffi2idiamin: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
nairalanduseles:
Guy face your job ......people are making money you are asking silly question....stop talking to her and start placing bet.......at a time no time
Man wey dey kiss wife mouth wey dey smell for morning
Pikin go talk for your face without brushing
Lagos wey dey smell of shit
And u dey complain of person mouth odour.......grow up .....matured men dont even worry about stuff like that......
Bros take am easy on the dude na.

Maybe him don feel something for him preek
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by papyskinsy: 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
metch1:
Buy a new sim card, register it with a name she does not know u with. Then use it to send her text or call.

na wa ohh.. all dis stress cause you wanna tell someone she has mouth odour? na wa ohh
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by khome(f): 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2019
kestolove95:
Lol..... you are not nice
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Powersurge: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
kestolove95:

please don't tell her oo. For the body odour, there is nothing she can do about it.concerning the mouth odour avoid her talking to your face. It could have lasting damage to her self esteem.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by jurjes(f): 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
Buy longrich Mouthfreshener and Toothpaste from me for her as an early Christmas gift.�
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by JBL316: 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
[b]Buy her a plot of land anywhere in lagos 1st to show her that ur her friend. then u can now tell her tht ur mouth dey smell....tht way she no go vex.[/b]
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by JBL316: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
[s][quote author=Brandstudio01 post=83780662][b]There are more than half a dozen way to do that without putting yourself in a bad spot.

1. First of all you need to become her intimate friend. She needs to believe you're not her enemy as a human. Because you can't change a man who is not your friend or else the consequences would be massive

2. Make sure you use indirect speech.

3. Try as much to be both polite, friendly and formal in your speech.

4. When you're done make sure you don't blame her problem on something else, so she doesn't suffer lost of confidence which is the primary reason you want to help her

Eg. You can start by asking her which Toothpaste do you use? And so on and on. Whichever way, just put your thoughts together before approaching her. So she doesn't think her ego is under attack[/s]

Buy her a plot of land anywhere in lagos 1st to show her that ur her friend. then u can now tell her tht ur mouth dey smell....tht way she no go vex.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
kestolove95:
babe, yane
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by ayo55(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Simple and easy, get her a mouth wash and body spray with effective bathing soap and tell her this what you use, You can try that as well.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
kestolove95:
give me her number I'll Tell her for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP / Air Peace Recalls Sacked Pilots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.