Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

All My Enemies Must Die…in Jesus Name? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / All My Enemies Must Die…in Jesus Name? (808 Views)

10 First-class Nigerian Kings Die In 6 Months {FULL LIST} / The Fufu Nation Must Die / Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All My Enemies Must Die…in Jesus Name? by jagudaman: 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2010
Check out this article on jaguda.com:

“All my enemies must die in Jesus name, Amen!” We’ve all heard this kind of prayer. With all the poverty and frustration going on in Nigeria, our country has become increasingly religious. Sadly, most of it has taken the wrong and selfish turn like many things in Nigeria.

In 1999, after the sudden death of my beloved father, my mother decided it was a good idea to delve deeper into her “relationship” with God for protection. The events that took place after my father’s death was just like what they portray in Naija movies, I swear! We had the uncles come and “count” property, mother was accused of killing dad, family members tried to gather whatever “wealth” they thought we had, and the whole nine yards. So, naturally, in order to feel safe from “juju” my mother decided she would go to church more and “pray for her enemies.”

We went to this church (I won’t mention any names but it starts with ‘M’) and they prayed a lot that all our enemies will “fall down and die” (with vigor). While only 16 years of age and very angry at my father’s death, I couldn’t help but question the validity of that kind of prayer. I thought Jesus said we should pray FOR not against our enemies. These people practically justified their hateful hearts by saying, “Jesus meant that you should pray that God will punish them.” What? Where? Can’t I read?

Continue here: http://www.jaguda.com/2010/11/12/all-my-enemies-must-die-in-jesus-name/

(1) (Reply)

Jackie Chan Cameroonian Sausage / The Queen Of The Netherlands (dutch) And Her Joy Of Rule Over Blacks / [question] Who Really Owns Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.