Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD (17064 Views)

Gates Foundation Commits $2.1billion To Advance Gender Equality Globally / China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project / The Secret Revealed: 1 NGN Can Equate 1 USD If Nigerian Government Can Do This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Millz404(m): 10:50am On Nov 02, 2019
landforeast:

Suck still dey learn
Anyway Google comes up with a socia network that will give Facebook a run for its money that day will be the burial day of Facebook and it's sister insta

They already did and it failed
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by johnmattew: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
nope you didnt say that. they are monopolistic because people are comfortable with them.
and people hate leaving their comfort zone but love to bash it cos they feel it should somehow be better.

and nope, people didnt use those products because there are better alternatives. and like i said, people hate leaving their comfort zone.

-why libra when there is already bitcoin
-why chrome os when there is window and linux?
-why stadia (though yet to launch and have potentiential to become really successful if they can achieve the negative latency they are talking about) when there is steam, gog, epic games. etc
-why allo when there is whatsapp, etc

thats why apple tv will likely fail cos netflix is already way ahead of them.
just like apple map, siri etc failed.

apple TV hasn't failed...apple TV plus will fail ...that one is certain

Google and Facebook are monopolistic because of their anti-trust / anti-competitive nature...which have made their rivals' services kinda useless

why libra?....the answer u gave isn't the reason..the reason is because cryptocurrency can't be controlled,thus government are against it

why chrome os?..ur answer is ok

why stadia?...negative latency won't even help stadia at all....reasons are ¹)most gamers hate changes

2) Google is too advert-ridden ,anti competitive and invasive

3) Google have failed in all their new services

4) Google can't be trusted

5) the most important reasons are : Google depends on Linus and open GP,when most games are developed using direct X and windows .. secondly,Google isn't assuring gamers that it will keep their games if Google ends stadia... thirdly,stadia doesn't have back catalogue of games.. fourthly, stadia requires gamers to buy games of about 60 dollars instead of Xbox games pass and ps now style of services...and the first one is game developers won't support stadia
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 02, 2019
Congrats. To them...

also looking foward to the day that i shall own my own tech-company here in nigeria, and compete with the western world.
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Chidi299(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2019
$2.1 Billion?
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by johnmattew: 11:01am On Nov 02, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
@ johnmattew

now lemme address your new argument real quick.

1, if google is the only company making android smartphone and they have 76 % of the market in a market of over 4billion smartphone users, you know what that would mean interms of profit right?

2, you talked about failed project. which company doesnt have failed project? do apple not have failed apple homepod or apple wireless charger that didnt even see the light of day or what about butterfly key switches grin?

google is a software company. it only sets hardware templates for real hardware companies to follow for their software integration. they only need to build a good watch and make a perfect software. then the likes of Samsung which is hardware company to take it up from there.
most of their failed hardware products are usually products no one asked for but anyone can take it up and install their software on it.

3, wrong, google didnt acquire motorola, lenovo did. motorola still have marginal share in smartphone market shares.
htc contributes largely to pixel phones.

google and facebook are american companies, no matter the probe, american government will still protect them.
Google didn't acquire Motorola?? are u joking?...who sold Motorola to Lenovo?

Google owns android,but why is pixel brand not expanding like 5he way Microsoft surface brand is giving apple headache?

did u know why android wear,android tv and wear os failed?....it's because Android OEMs like Samsung,Huawei,lg etc refused to support it...samsung watches and TV comes with tizen is,Huawei,Xiaomi,lg, etc have their own smart watch operating systems....tell.m3,which major android OEMs will support wear os?
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by LegoxMetahuman: 11:14am On Nov 02, 2019
johnmattew:

Google and Facebook are monopolistic because of their anti-trust / anti-competitive nature...which have made their rivals' services kinda useless

why libra?....the answer u gave isn't the reason..the reason is because cryptocurrency can't be controlled,thus government are against it

why stadia?...negative latency won't even help stadia at all....reasons are ¹)most gamers hate changes

5) the most important reasons are : Google depends on Linus and open GP,when most games are developed using direct X and windows .. secondly,Google isn't assuring gamers that it will keep their games if Google ends stadia... thirdly,stadia doesn't have back catalogue of games.. fourthly, stadia requires gamers to buy games of about 60 dollars instead of Xbox games pass and ps now style of services...and the first one is game developers won't support stadia
looks like you are just another fanboy and not a tech enthusiast

have a nice day.
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by samsard(m): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2019
angelEmade:
google the antichrist
acquiring everything like...
'we own the world'
The world is making progress and you're suffocating us with ignorance and superstition
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Topmaike007(m): 11:22am On Nov 02, 2019
johnmattew:
that's the major reason why many westerners are avoiding new services from. Google,Amazon and Facebook
oga leave amazon alone ooo, I love Bezos and everything he does does does abeg
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Topmaike007(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
nope you didnt say that. they are monopolistic because people are comfortable with them.
and people hate leaving their comfort zone but love to bash it cos they feel it should somehow be better.

and nope, people didnt use those products because there are better alternatives. and like i said, people hate leaving their comfort zone.

-why libra when there is already bitcoin
-why chrome os when there is window and linux?
-why stadia (though yet to launch and have potentiential to become really successful if they can achieve the negative latency they are talking about) when there is steam, gog, epic games. etc
-why allo when there is whatsapp, etc

thats why apple tv will likely fail cos netflix is already way ahead of them.
just like apple map, siri etc failed.

even amazon boss of all bosses are still struggling with Netflix with there prime video even after they've spent billions to perfect it Netflix still take huge market share, Nbcuniversal product that will debut as peacock are planning to make there product free of charge but filled with ads, just to gather customers, HBOmax already have the figure due to the market Waner media controls, meaning they will have good catalog of TV shows like GOT and many more, what will Apple TV+ use to get part of the market share from Netflix? Then they've failed on arrival even amazon fire TV they debuted on two days ago can't save them because amazon are still searching for subscribers that's why there platform is cheap compared to Netflix...
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 02, 2019
This is what cash flow is all about
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Necksonnel: 11:38am On Nov 02, 2019
mrblayze:
More ways to track our locations. smiley

I swear you get it right. Google is just looking for everything to know people location in this world. Whether you're working, inside your house, in the office they just want to know everything which is not safe
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Bimpe29: 11:52am On Nov 02, 2019
Google has really diversified.
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by johnmattew: 11:57am On Nov 02, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
looks like you are just another fanboy and not a tech enthusiast

have a nice day.
I'm not a fanboy..but anti-google
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by LegoxMetahuman: 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
Topmaike007:
even amazon boss of all bosses are still struggling with Netflix with there prime video even after they've spent billions to perfect it Netflix still take huge market share, Nbcuniversal product that will debut as peacock are planning to make there product free of charge but filled with ads, just to gather customers, HBOmax already have the figure due to the market Waner media controls, meaning they will have good catalog of TV shows like GOT and many more, what will Apple TV+ use to get part of the market share from Netflix? Then they've failed on arrival even amazon fire TV they debuted on two days ago can't save them because amazon are still searching for subscribers that's why there platform is cheap compared to Netflix...
abi o.
it will take the combination hbomax,apple tv, amzon prime disney + etc to break the monopoly of netflix. if not, i dont see any one breaking that monopoly anytime soon.

its very very hard to break tech monopoly once its ahead and people are comfortable with it.
the apple restrictions is always their own undoing.

thats why apple fan, when they get comfortable in the apple ecosystem, only god can remove them. same as someone who knows google all his growing tech life to suddendly leave google search.

thats why car companies are quickly taking the fight to tesla before they become unbearably huge and kill off other car brands. grin
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Kodjattson(m): 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
Yeah. They paid $7.35 per share

Chidi299:
$2.1 Billion?
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Laslaslala: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
Temptee101:
shocked

Wish they can acquire Nigeria. No headway since independence

I still blame Lugard and his prostitute girlfriend

Spits at one Nigeria
you are only spitting
I shit on this no head way union jare group of people that have refused to tell themselves truth after 100 years
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by 12inchess: 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
Topmaike007:
I was just telling my wife the other day that nothing compares to Netflix. The experience is just da bomb. The USER INTERFACE is awesomene. The cover art for shows is spot on. The trailers and everything is 100.They are now even creating their own movies. Albeit medium budget but some are very good and boxoffice quality e. g Birdbox. Netflix is pass the competition by Alot. I had amazon prime video for a while. That stuff is shit. What te competition needs to realize is that everything is not about having the most content. The total experience is what matters most.

1 Like

Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by 12inchess: 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
johnmattew:

Stadia.... Hahahaha. I can't see that working. For one a lot of people are already heavily invested in either playstation or xbox. Purchased games, controllers, accessories, achievements etc. They want to be stream games like Battlefield 5 and COD MW via the my internet connection and then processing the graphics in cloud. Except they have a crazy ass technology I don't see how this will work. Considering I also have a 1 TB data cap on AT&T. Battlefield 5 is about 100GB to the download and the Blu ray discs they come on to install actually saves me data. If youre playing multi-player it's only pinging the server while running some content from your console. The system will not also need to download it every time. But stream 4k games via chromecast I can't really figure out that would work. Also you will need monthly subscription to access games that you will still purchase. If those games are not marked down then that is absolutely a no no. The negative latency stuff just sound like bullish. it and marketing speak to me. What does that even mean? You want to predict my button presses? All the time I tried to use PS Now or Xbox stream games from the cloud, they always lag badly. The main problem is that the internet connection comes in peaks and lows of mbps so your lowest mbps must be enough to stream and download what you're playing without lagging. I'm not sure you can make use of buffering as in video streaming in this case as the input and output for games need to be instantaneous and game must be processed and rendered at an instant except ofcourse almighty google has found a way. But hey, it's launching in a couple of days time and then we can hear real world performance from people that are purchasing the founders edition for 130 bucks and not from testers in a google facility with 200mbps internet broadband and 20km from google's data center. In any if it's still succesful and can surmount all these potential challenges, it will indeed be a game changer(pun intended).
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Topmaike007(m): 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
12inchess:

I was just telling my wife the other day that nothing compares to Netflix. The experience is just da bomb. The USER INTERFACE is awesomene. The cover art for shows is spot on. The trailers and everything is 100.They are now even creating their own movies. Albeit medium budget but some are very good and boxoffice quality e. g Birdbox. Netflix is pass the competition by Alot. I had amazon prime video for a while. That stuff is shit. What te competition needs to realize is that everything is not about having the most content. The total experience is what matters most.
and netflix covers almost the entire countries of the world if not all and every country to her own contents..... Netflix open the way to other platform but nothing can beat them for now, in near future I see amazon purchasing the company in a multi billion dollars sale.....

The only thing that give amazon prime the upper hand when compare to netflix is that it is not expensive and also they're catching up with there amazon original series which I pretty much like.. Such as undone, Jack Ryan, Carnival Row, Expanse, the man in the high castle and my very best of them all Hanna.

Netflix got good series too that still collect my 7USD a month such as Stranger thing, Castlevania, dragon Prince, and many more..

I still pick Amazon prime over netflix because I am Jeff bezos fan just like that man cheesy on a good note Netflix still remain the king of them all...
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Topmaike007(m): 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2019
12inchess:

Stadia.... Hahahaha. I can't see that working. For one a lot of people are already heavily invested in either playstation or xbox. Purchased games, controllers, accessories, achievements etc. They want to be stream games like Battlefield 5 and COD MW via the my internet connection and then processing the graphics in cloud. Except they have a crazy ass technology I don't see how this will work. Considering I also have a 1 TB data cap on AT&T. Battlefield 5 is about 100GB to the download and the Blu ray discs they come on to install actually saves me data. If youre playing multi-player it's only pinging the server while running some content from your console. The system will not also need to download it every time. But stream 4k games via chromecast I can't really figure out that would work. Also you will need monthly subscription to access games that you will still purchase. If those games are not marked down then that is absolutely a no no. The negative latency stuff just sound like bullish. it and marketing speak to me. What does that even mean? You want to predict my button presses? All the time I tried to use PS Now or Xbox stream games from the cloud, they always lag badly. The main problem is that the internet connection comes in peaks and lows of mbps so your lowest mbps must be enough to stream and download what you're playing without lagging. I'm not sure you can make use of buffering as in video streaming in this case as the input and output for games need to be instantaneous and game must be processed and rendered at an instant except ofcourse almighty google has found a way. But hey, it's launching in a couple of days time and then we can hear real world performance from people that are purchasing the founders edition for 130 bucks and not from testers in a google facility with 200mbps internet broadband and 20km from google's data center. In any if it's still succesful and can surmount all these potential challenges, it will indeed be a game changer(pun intended).
nvidia shield will even retain part of the market than stadia because Nvidia geforce now work pretty well with steam, what I notice about Google is that they like to waste money, even Nintendo are still lagin behind where xbox and playstation are, I don't see stadia succeeding as well just another failed project as you've stated above
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by tck2000(m): 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
Google Inc
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by phantom(m): 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:

tongue

By the time Zuckerberg and Facebook lunches thier cryptocurrency lira, google would bow to them .. in this tech war battle of supremacy, i see Zucks beating them at Google

Which lira? The same lira where partners like Visa,Mastercard etc have pulled out? shocked undecided
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by iammo(m): 6:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
only paypal pulled out

phantom:

Which lira? The same lira where partners like Visa,Mastercard etc have pulled out? shocked undecided
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by johnmattew: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2019
12inchess:

haha...stadia will also join list of buried Google services..... Microsoft is already testing Xbox console streaming and xcloud( stadia rival). about 5000 games (from Xbox 360 - Xbox Scarlett games) will be available for xcloud when it launches....sony already signed agreement with Microsoft to use azure for game streaming..Xbox game pass and playstation now are the Netflix of games....EA is also coming out with its own streaming service
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by SFSNIPER(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2019
daddytime:
Just give me my %2.5 commission for facilitating this deal, please.

How do you facilitate a deal? Not you directly but how it's done generally.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK / 10 Powerful Tips To Note When Starting A Photography Business / There Are Too Many Nairas Chasing Too Few Dollars - IMF Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.