Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,462 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:47 AM

"BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata (8237 Views)

Pastor Ayo Orisejafor Stars In A New Nollywood Movie. / Black November - Struggle for the Niger Delta Trailer (Jeta Amata) / 'Amazing Grace': The Movie By Jeta Amata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by obailala(m): 3:54am On Nov 14, 2010
At first it was AMAZING GRACE, now it's BLACK GOLD featuring Hollywood stars like Billy Zane (TITANIC) etc. I strongly believe more Nollywood producers and directors should emulate Jeta Amata. This guy has got some stuff upstairs

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfwR4clW40M?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

1 Like

Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by SSaemoenl(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2010
Very professional! cheesy
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by UGOCHUKWU3: 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2010
This is indeed another master piece
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by DARA1234: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
This is exciting, my idea of a proper Nigerian Film, cant wait to see it, in the cinema first, hope there will be red carpet etc and Nigerians will invite their non Nigerian friends and colleagues to it. God bless you Jeta Amata.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by otumfour(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
nice 1
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by lajjy(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2010
thumbs up ?
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by MShittu: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2010
Nollywood RISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Litmus: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2010
Would be more pleased with the production value if not for shivering from cold because i was sweating with embarrassment and my shirt got soaked.  There was an awful lot of Nigger and coon moments in that clip which eventually led me to wonder if the CIA or some such external influence assisted behind the scene in either a financial or moral capacity.

Coon moments = Oyibos as good guys and saviors, blacks as helpless or raving lunatics with bulging eyes and quivering lips.  I was in dread, that at any moment, a  black person with white lips and bulging eyes, might go down on one knee and cry, 'Mameee, the sun shines east, the sun shines west'

Anyway, the clip suggests a real effort but i would have looked more forward to  the Movie if it had been about  the exploitation of large concerns such as Shell, or the exploitation of African fishing waters by European and Asian fleets, or about Bakassi.

Wouldn't it be great if someone made a film about Bakassi, the European complicity, our easy capitulation, people made foreigners in their own land and then an uprising by the Delta rebels against Cameroon and their French masters.  

Oh another thing, shouldn't we be trying to develop a Nigerian signature? I mean, if the clip is a reflection of the aspiration of Nigerian film makers then they are aiming for a sort of Hollywood identity.

1 Like

Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by sophy09: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2010
This is good thumbs up
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by ifyalways(f): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
I cant wait for Youtube  tongue
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Omenani(m): 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2010
I cannot wait to see this movie.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by nethacker(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2010
classic!!!! grin
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by reindeer: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2010
Great!
I may actually watch a Nollywood movie grin
Nice one and deserves some kudos.I think they can do a bit more for crowd scenes though, having just 15-20 people waving palm fronds can be amplified to look like 500-1000 with some technology and yeah!The gunfire still looks a little fake.
All in all a good departure from the annoying simplistic movies.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by ragdollz: 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
Na wa, Billy Zane in a Nollywood movie grin grin. For someone who co-starred in the mega-hit Titanic, the guy has really fallen in the grade with this one grin grin. Anyway, we are grateful for any Hollywood import, it might get us some more foreign views on YouTube tongue.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by TmeD0(m): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2010
Litmus:

Would be more pleased with the production value if not for shivering from cold because i was sweating with embarrassment and my shirt got soaked.  There was an awful lot of Nigger and coon moments in that clip which eventually led me to wonder if the CIA or some such external influence assisted behind the scene in either a financial or moral capacity.

Coon moments = Oyibos as good guys and saviors, blacks as helpless or raving lunatics with bulging eyes and quivering lips.  I was in dread, that at any moment, a  black person with white lips and bulging eyes, might go down on one knee and cry, 'Mameee, the sun shines east, the sun shines west'

Anyway, the clip suggests a real effort but i would have looked more forward to  the Movie if it had been about  the exploitation of large concerns such as Shell, or the exploitation of African fishing waters by European and Asian fleets, or about Bakassi.

Wouldn't it be great if someone made a film about Bakassi, the European complicity, our easy capitulation, people made foreigners in their own land and then an uprising by the Delta rebels against Cameroon and their French masters.  

Oh another thing, shouldn't we be trying to  develop a Nigerian signature? I mean, if the clip is a reflection of the aspiration of Nigerian film makers then they are aiming for  a sort of Hollywood identity.

not to take anything away from the producer's effort and concept for the movie, Litmus made very good observation, which I personally share to an extent.

my guy, u hit the nail right on the head! couldn't have said it better.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by JUO(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2010
good one indeed
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by bandely(m): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2010
The white girl reporter looks like Sarah Wayne Callies (Sara Tancredi - Prison Break)

Nice movie!
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by ragdollz: 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
Ok, I've seen the trailer, very B-movie-ish tongue. A good story line, with a good production it could have worked, the way Blood Diamond worked, the way Hotel Rwanda worked. But sorry, Nollywood is just not good enough. What a fantastic idea it would have been: this Niger Delta story could have been told in a better way to the world. But the main black actors I've seen, esp the girl activist, are acting like they are still at theatre school grin grin.

Anyway, I'm happy to see the white woman who acted as Sarah Tancredi in Prison Break, I guess she had no better offers out there tongue. Me I'm Pro-Nigerian in most things but please, I'm not going to hurt myself by watching this movie when it comes out. It'll only make me cry - and for all the wrong reasons grin grin grin.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by comechop(m): 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
They for try hire more people (crowds etc) for the movie nah - see as the thing dey scanty. I mean all those useless politicians hire crowds with chicken change for their rallies, that shldnt be too hard. Nigerians can do anything for chop money

-comechop
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by tefund(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2010
Nollywood could become better if we all work for it
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2010
Omg, this is a must watch!

Get your copy, NOW NOW NOW, lol! wink
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by ragdollz: 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2010
comechop:

They for try hire more people (crowds etc) for the movie nah - see as the thing dey scanty. I mean all those useless politicians hire crowds with chicken change for their rallies, that shldnt be too hard. Nigerians can do anything for chop money

-comechop

Very good point grin. Anyone who's ever been involved in the crisis issue will see that this movie does not do it justice. And those Mopol or is it army with their 1900-issue rifles grin grin grin. My my my, what are we to do? Let's wait and see anyway.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by youngmonie: 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2010
dis is wht r talking boutt, not some bloody homo films
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by jmoore(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2010
good by nollywood standards but can't win an oscar

graphics looks same with few of the nollywood movies except for good camera handling

that's not even a crowd protesting

we need  to spend more on quality cameras, this camera is not what I was expecting
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by agabaI23(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2010
jmoore:

graphics looks same with few of the nollywood movies except for good camera handling

we need to spend more on quality cameras, this camera is not what I was expecting

Clap for yourself.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by mubaraqqq(f): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2010
I absolutely agree with you . Furthermore, why are we giving Billy Zane work, is he suppose to bring credibility. The guy cannot find work in the U.S since the mummy, his TV show just got canceled. He is probably getting paid more than what he will in America. Just like they bring those played out/has been musician Ja rule and pay them more money than they will ever get in the United States. Just because you put white people in the movie, does not mean it brings credibility.

The bottom line is that the movie should speak for it self, good story line, good actors, and amazing cinematography.

Litmus:

Oh another thing, shouldn't we be trying to develop a Nigerian signature? I mean, if the clip is a reflection of the aspiration of Nigerian film makers then they are aiming for a sort of Hollywood identity.

Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by aladdin001(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2010
i guess this would be d first nijja film i will use my money to buy!
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by mystikal(m): 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2010
Am I such a cynic?
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by ohaechesi(m): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
not bad at all
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2010
jmoore:

we need  to spend more on quality cameras, this camera is not what I was expecting

Spot on!! angry angry angry     

N they got money enuf to feature thoz foreign celebs,why not buy quality equipment for filmin/editin n stuff.Honestly i dont see d hype.Cool storyline mayb,but every other thing apart from the foreign celebs,same ol same ol Nollywood crap!! tongue bite me
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by mubaraqqq(f): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2010
I swear Nigerian standards are so low!!! Look at how people are so excited!! Ghana's movie production has surpassed us
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2010
The hell it has.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Watch Dstv And Startimes Free. / Dc's Legends Of Tomorrow Fan Page / Download Throne Of Elves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.