Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction (1707 Views)

Man Sets Porsche On Fire While Driver Fills It Up At Petrol Station In China / Man Drives Tesla Into A Petrol Station Leaving Attendants Confused / Mclaren ₦792m Prototype Hypercar Burst Into Cloud Of Smoke At UK Petrol Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by uboma(m): 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
Hello fam,

I hope everyone is having a good day.

I was at one of the Enyo Petrol Station outlet yesterday to buy fuel and was told that they charge NGN50 for every POS transaction from NGN1000 and above.

They claim this is in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria guidelines. I was given a leaflet (shown below) where the notice of charging extra fees is listed.

Is it the same with other Petrol Stations in your location?

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by lexini: 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
I know Heyden also does same.

1 Like

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by uboma(m): 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
Why has the government imposed stamp duty on POS transaction?

1 Like

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by joeyzasa(m): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
this people are crazy their is never complete they are always cheating people. scammer turned into business men

1 Like

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by sholarb(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
North West, VGC does same too.

1 Like

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by verifiablefacts: 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
the cheating is everywhere my broda

1 Like

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by uboma(m): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2019
If I were to visit Enyo Petrol Station more than once during the day, will I be made to pay NGN50 stamp duties for every POS transaction I make?
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by seunoj: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
New regulation.
How to manage it;
1. Withdraw cash before u buy fuel
2. Buy fuel once for the week(car, generator etc.) and pay the charge once.
3. Buy N900 worth of fuel in 2or bits (this may delay txn for others and is subject to non availability of queue or customers.

Cheers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by obo389(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
Not only Enyo filling station but all filling stations and and business outlets using the POS services.
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by uboma(m): 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
obo389:
Not only Enyo filling station but all filling stations and and business outlets using the POS services.

Not true. Some other Petrol Stations do not charge the stamp duty.
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by seunoj: 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
uboma:

Not true. Some other Petrol Stations do not charge the stamp duty.

This led to it. If they don't charge, na dem Sabi as dem dey do am not to say other are fraudulent.
B4 now, banks only charge 50 for all daily collection.

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by EgunMogaji2: 12:44am On Nov 04, 2019
CBN didn’t specify that the consumer has to pay it, the seller has a choice to eat the fee too.

I only spend my money with vendors that helps my bottom line.

Nigerians need to learn to dictate with their money.
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:51am On Nov 04, 2019
seunoj:
New regulation.
How to manage it;
1. Withdraw cash before u buy fuel
2. Buy fuel once for the week(car, generator etc.) and pay the charge once.
3. Buy N900 worth of fuel in 2or bits (this may delay txn for others and is subject to non availability of queue or customers.

Cheers

Very simple
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:52am On Nov 04, 2019
Nnpc and Bovas do not charge the ₦50,000
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by radautoworks: 8:14am On Nov 04, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
CBN didn’t specify that the consumer has to pay it, the seller has a choice to eat the fee too.

I only spend my money with vendors that helps my bottom line.

Nigerians need to learn to dictate with their money.

They got me with this and I'm pissed because POS fees were actually LOWERED according to the letter abi my Nigerian English is Rusty? angry

2 Likes

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by EgunMogaji2: 9:08am On Nov 04, 2019
radautoworks:

They got me with this and I'm pissed because POS fees were actually LOWERED according to the letter abi my Nigerian English is Rusty? angry

You know naija tings, up is down and down is up. Sometimes.
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by ivoryhouse(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2019
uboma:
Hello fam,

I hope everyone is having a good day.

I was at one of the Enyo Petrol Station outlet yesterday to buy fuel and was told that they charge NGN50 for every POS transaction from NGN1000 and above.

They claim this is in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria guidelines. I was given a leaflet (shown below) where the notice of charging extra fees is listed.

Is it the same with other Petrol Stations in your location?

Easy fix. Pay cash. The N50 stamp duty is fraudulent

1 Like

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2019
Most stations will wind up charging for the following reason.

Most branded petrol stations are usually a partnership between the company and a dealer.

The company can theoretically opt to carry the charges, however the problem would be in reconciliation. When you buy from a station you are paying the dealer, not the company. So the pos transaction is registering with the dealer. The money goes to the dealers account I am not sure there is any way of verifying every transaction ie, I could claim I did 3000 transactions in a day and I should be reimbursed accordingly with 150k.

To take it further, on the regular, if I don’t have cash and I need, I just stroll into one of our stations, do a pos transaction and take the cash.

Unless you own the station and everything in it, you are more likely to pass the charge to the customer
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by uboma(m): 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
ivoryhouse:

Easy fix. Pay cash. The N50 stamp duty is fraudulent

What happens when cash is not readily available?
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 05, 2020
Good morning bro. How are you today. I assisted a Nairalander with an unauthorized debit she had with UBA last week and the funds was reversed after pressure.

The thread had outlived its usefulness and I was expecting it to be deleted or modified as it was attracting unwarranted attention. Beside I was doing all I did free. It was just a free advisory services.

I was however shocked when I visited Nairaland to discover my profile was ransacked and some of my topics deleted. I don't seem to understand the correlation between her thread and the articles that was once adjourned educative.

Could you please educate my ignorance on what I did wrong or if I broke any rules.

I am tempted to stop posting legal issues or rendering free services. This is not encouraging.

Good morning.

Cc: Uboma
Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by uboma(m): 7:52am On Jul 05, 2020
litigator:
Good morning bro. How are you today. I assisted a Nairalander with an unauthorized debit she had with UBA last week and the funds was reversed after pressure.

The thread had outlived its usefulness and I was expecting it to be deleted or modified as it was attracting unwarranted attention. Beside I was doing all I did free. It was just a free advisory services.

I was however shocked when I visited Nairaland to discover my profile was ransacked and some of my topics deleted. I don't seem to understand the correlation between her thread and the articles that was once adjourned educative.

Could you please educate my ignorance on what I did wrong or if I broke any rules.

I am tempted to stop posting legal issues or rendering free services. This is not encouraging.

Good morning.

Cc: Uboma

Good morning Sir.

I think your threads got hidden because you created them multiple times and sometimes on the wrong boards (spamming).

Kindly send a mail to the supermods, apologize for spamming the forum and ask that the two threads on the Crime's board be unhidden as they are on the right board.

cc:
Mynd44

Re: ENYO Petrol Station Charging Extra Fees For POS Transaction by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2020
uboma:

Good morning Sir.

I think your threads got hidden because you created them multiple times and sometimes on the wrong boards (spamming).

Kindly send a mail to the supermods, apologize for spamming the forum and ask that the two threads on the Crime's board be unhidden as they are on the right board.

cc:
Mynd44

Hello Mynd44, I do not know how to mail you, so let me start by apologizing for not making this private. There is no excuse grin
I discovered I broke a rule by posting one topic in more than one section or the wrong section as shown above.

I am sorry, it was not intentional. Could you please unhide the two topics in the right section sic, crime section?

I am still learning the ropes on the workability of nairaland as a community grin.

I appreciate you, supermods, mods and seun for the good work. Nairaland is educative and I intend to contribute my kobo in this regard.

Thank you and God bless. cheesy

CC: Mynd44

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Complain Of German Cars Being Pricier Than Japanese Cars? / Fixing Mercedes C230 Ac System That kills many compressors / Does Bolt Accept 02 Big Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.