Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money (22114 Views)

Arresting De General, A Waste Of Taxpayers’ Money, Says Comedian Basketmouth / Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa / Ebelechukwu Blessing Muokwe Dies In Accident. Burial Is On 10th February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by GistGoViral: 7:02am On Nov 04, 2019
Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has shared his thoughts on expensive burials as he recounted how a friend once asked for a loan that ran into millions for a burial.

The actor stated that he doesn't understand the concept of spending so much on burial as one should be celebrated when he or she is alive.

Yul also pointed out how some family members won't help out when one is alive but will bring out millions when one is dead.

He wrote "
I don’t understand the concept of spending so much money on burials. Total waste to me! A person’s life should be celebrated when he or she is alive to join in the celebration not in death. Some1 once asked me for a loan of some millions to use & bury his father. I was speechless.

"Celebrate people when they are alive make dem follow enjoy the groove. Some family members will not even assist you when you need financial help, till the person dies, then they’ll budget 20million naira for your burial, invite all their friends from abroad and all the dignitaries they know just to show off.
THE THUNDER....."

https://mobile.twitter.com/YulEdochie/status/1190979392324984834

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/i-dont-understand-the-concept-of-spending-so-much-on-burial-yul-edochie

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by GistGoViral: 7:04am On Nov 04, 2019
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by JON01: 7:10am On Nov 04, 2019
grin
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by ToscanHenry: 7:14am On Nov 04, 2019
I swear him Make Sense die

129 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by sinaj(f): 7:17am On Nov 04, 2019
Some families and friends wont contribute or visit when one is sick but are ready to travel and even contribute for the burial.

133 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by hisgrace090: 7:29am On Nov 04, 2019
For the super rich, they should continued spending as they like in burial. Because it is an avenue for the public to make money too from them as they hardly spend ordinarily.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Hoigu: 7:29am On Nov 04, 2019
Everybody just wants to use every available opportunity to show off

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by b3llo(m): 7:32am On Nov 04, 2019
The thunder is weak in this generation Becos it has fired lots of people but people won't still change.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by popsy2(m): 7:43am On Nov 04, 2019
Beats me as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by festacman(m): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2019
We wait and see how he will bury his father Peter Edochie when he joins saints triumphant.

The reality is that every Adult Igbo soul goes home with vitals: wailing, songs, music, dance, gunshots and feasting. Even the children of the deceased are expected to shout intermittently while dancing "My father or mother, it is happening loud for you"

However, no two burial and funeral ceremonies are the same. Anyone is allowed to plan within their means but the vital things are usually intact. Nobody is forcing anyone to spend big. Just like wedding and birthday, big celebrations beyond the vitals are by choice.

Unfortunately, sophistication brought in publication of elaborate brochure and use of unnecessary publicity signage as well as expensive souvenirs while association with Yoruba has introduced aso ebi into the mix.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by GistOffer: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by ikorodureporta: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
wetin u go do if village ppl bill u??

These days list dey compete with marriage list

5 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Write4me(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Islam has told the world about this thousands of years ago.

Look inward.

22 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Freemanbobble: 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Okay
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by ekaette1621: 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
YOU ARE RIGHT BRO

grin grin
A GLASS OF ALOMO FOR YOU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by FactBoyz: 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
grin
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by naijadrivablog: 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
I agree with the Nteje man.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by ednut1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Same person will spend millions when his turn reach to bury. But he is right sha. Its insane

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Sultty(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Rubbish talk, when money dey spend am they will not bury u with ur money. As there is expensive living they should be expensive burial
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Seanixking: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
when the elders in my village hear this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
You are serious.... Rubbish... nonsense.

Yul is talking trash.

If your father or mother die, don't give them befitting burial.

You make no sense.

You have to give a befitting burial to the dead, so they go home in peace and glory.

In trying to make sense, u makes no sense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Auxtin85(m): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
Your Father Time don reach? That’s the only reason you will preach to social media users about burial

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by SolarRen(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
For someone a person loved, its never enough cry
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by sammysmiles(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
Local man is not concerned about this post

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
When I grow old, I will place a heavy cause on anyone who spends big on my burial

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by chypatobi(f): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Ijaycool(f): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
true for both Wedding and Funeral

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Lexusgs430: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Commonsense would hit them las las ........
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by salbis(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Very sensible talk, i must say.
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
MelesZenawi:
You are serious.... Rubbish... nonsense.

Yul is talking trash.

If your father or mother die, don't give them befitting burial.

You make no sense.

You have to give a befitting burial to the dead, so they go home in peace and glory.

In trying to make sense, u makes no sense.
You are the one making absolutely no sense here.
Why not spend ur money first to satisfy ur hunger b4 considering blowing it on some burial

African men and mumuism

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Sirpaul(m): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
you did more of that in your movies..

we learnt that from you technically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Liliyann(f): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
If you like, don't give your father a befitting burial when he dies undecided

A sensible Igbo man that was raised in a good home won't utter such nonsense!!!

It's the last honour and respect you give to the dead!!
Do you want them to be made mockery of when they finally get there??

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kerry Washington Weds Nnamdi Asomugha / Mecy Aigbe Appreciates Her Fans For Presenting New Portrait And Cake To Her. / "KANA" By Olamide And Wizkid Tops Nigeria iTunes Chart 24 hours After Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.