Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior (1318 Views)

DIY Car Interior Cleaning Agent / Car Interior Detailer Needed | Lagos / Which Car Wash Is Best To Get My Car's Interior Thoroughly Cleaned In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
Many people must have wondered how water or moisture regularly gets into their cars, at each dawn of the raining seasons, or when they get their cars detailed at a car wash shop. Some of the reasons I have found to be responsible for this problem, is not far fetched from what you all might be thinking.

Well, for you to get a much detailed explanations on this problem, I have written an article, specifically on how you could identity the problem yourself, and use some simple procedures, to have it fixed. This repair would save you some cash, if you're short on funds. Sometimes it pays to DIYer, if you're handy with some basic tools.

I am using my car, as a case study here. Your car's sunroof plumbing might be different from mine.

Here's the link:

https://www.dxta.com.ng/2019/11/04/how-to-repair-water-intrusions-in-your-cars-interior/

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any damages that could occur, during any of the disassembly or installations of any of the side airbags.
Don't disconnect airbag connectors. Its fatal, and could kill you.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
That's the sunroof of the car

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Passenger side airbag cover removed

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
Front sunroof discharge location shown

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
Clogged sunroof discharge hose with a bigger diameter, while the fuel filler drain hose is coloured pink(red).

2 Likes

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
A clogged fuel filler drain port. Noticed the grit blocking the opening. I used a copper wire to forced through the opening

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
Making the hole through with the copper wire, would require using some quantity of water to flushed through the hole.

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sunroof discharge hose and appurtenances (the black junction like joint). That part too was clogged with organic matter (decayed vegetation), and grit.
I had to used same copper wire to forcefully clear it up.

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
That's the discharge hoses

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
This was the sunroof hoses and appurtenances connected and ready to be secured properly

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by Eddee(m): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2019
Man like Trygo - well done wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by valarinz: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019

Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by legalwealth(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Kwantinu! !!
Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by TRYGO(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2019
Legalwealth. Na gode. Ubanjigi ya sa mu dace. Amin summa amin.
Re: How To Fix Water Ingression In Your Car's Interior by legalwealth(m): 6:00am On Mar 18, 2020
TRYGO:
Legalwealth. Na gode. Ubanjigi ya sa mu dace. Amin summa amin.

grin

Na who tell this man say I sabi Hausa?

Good morning

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Tiida Or Altima / This Car Is For Sale (pictures) / Converting Rear Wheel Drive To 4x4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.