Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar (35903 Views)

'Lionheart' Oscar Disqualification: Victoria Kimani, Ebuka, Dotun, Deyemi React / Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Close To Disqualification From The Big Brother House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by sniperr007(m): 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
It's an interesting watch but lest be factual lion heart was never OScar grade except we just want to be unnecessarily emotional

What's is Oscar grade.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by sniperr007(m): 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
It's an interesting watch but lest be factual lion heart was never OScar grade except we just want to be unnecessarily emotional

What's is Oscar grade.
Although it's a grade C movie.
FrOm my own grading.
Acting was poor.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by fowlyansh181(m): 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
2dice01:
cheesy

We had better movies like

King of Boys
Gold statue
and so on

But Politics and Inferiority is killing us
Year in out the Indians drop 70% speaking movie for Oscar award they don't reject it

But we want to tell the white we don't have Culture

Do a movie in your mothers tongue and be Proud of the shii no we won't we will forming English speaking Bullshít

Well also need to appreciate our own awards like the AMAA awards and others before stuff like this Will stop
if the English wasn’t in that movie it wouldn’t have sold half the copy it did, and the fame wouldn’t have been there, Bleep the oscars , sales matters most first.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by otipoju(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Always find out facts. It was not because of the quality. They needed the language to be like 90% of Igbo . To them it was an english film and not purely igbo.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Kennyswagz1(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
fairfora:
Hanti Hale Berry win am grin
even denzel Washington don win oscar twice
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by thundafire: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
fact dats our Typical movies for our own Headies,we will always draw sentiment John wick dat is not even nominated can defeat all our movies in 20 years time
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by thundafire: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
2dice01:
cheesy

We had better movies like

King of Boys
Gold statue
and so on

But Politics and Inferiority is killing us
Year in out the Indians drop 70% speaking movie for Oscar award they don't reject it

But we want to tell the white we don't have Culture

Do a movie in your mothers tongue and be Proud of the shii no we won't we will forming English speaking Bullshít

Well also need to appreciate our own awards like the AMAA awards and others before stuff like this Will stop
king of boys na movie be dat hyping trash
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Kennyswagz1(m): 12:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
UncleJudax:

[S]Hahaha. Your tribalism wear bullet proof grin...

Good thing is, nobody cares how you feel about Igbos.[/S]
shutup your mouth
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Dickson44: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

What's ur measuring standard? Each movie falls into a particular category and I can tell u 'jahotically' that it's ocasr grade for its own category. Do u expect 'Hobbs and Shaw' from and African movie before it will be Oscar grade? I don't think so. We tell our story as Africans.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by olotuo: 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
he Academy Award for Best International Feature Film (given as Best Foreign Language Film prior to 2020) is one of the Academy Awards handed out annually by the U.S.-based Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). It is given to a feature-length motion picture produced outside the United States with a predominantly non-English dialogue track. but lionheart is predominantly English i think those who nominated lionheart dont know the rules
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lion heart is not worth Oscar nomination
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Okoroawusa: 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
Shoodboi:
You guys seriously need to stop making issues out of this.

The award category requires that shortlisted movies must be in indigenous language apart from English.

In any event that it has English dialogue, the indigenous language must form an indisputable majority.

Lion Hear did not.

I remember that another famous producer once suffered a similar fate.
Thank you for clarifying this for me. I was looking for a post that would make sense n help me understand the situation n yours did... thanks

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by uvie66: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
Truth234:
The movie was just too basic to even be nominated for an OSCAR.
y I concur, no intrigue, story line was extremely predictable. Long and short of the story, she tries to save a transport company drowning in debt.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by ruggedtimi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
seriously that movie is overhyped and boring.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by peeps4u: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
majamajic:
in that category , they are considering the movies from locally made especially in other languages ,

but I think they have to consider other local countries that has English as first language which Nigeria belongs to
UK movies were disqualified years ago except those done in welsh local language. Why should the rule be bent for Nigeria when we have local languages we can use, we can even use pigin.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hmm
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Crenzywilliams(m): 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jasen1:

How
Be real; he's right.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Crenzywilliams(m): 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
sniperr007:

What's is Oscar grade.
See the movie; try to lay your hands on the Oscars '95; see the nominees and compair with the Loin-heart, you'll get your answer.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by tweakdude1: 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Dude please tell us which movie is Oscar grade?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by hopefulLandlord: 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Slawormir:
As a real niggarrr

I will tell you lion heart is one overrated dumb fuckkk

Exactly how terminator ( dark fate) is overrated

Terminator ( judgement day) remain the best anyday anytime twice on a Sunday

Rise of machines is also great especially the villain
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by virago(f): 1:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
BrutalJab:

Mumu under what category did Genny submit the movie for?

Under what category did they move it to? Oversabi

Stop disgracing your generation here , was it Genny that submitted the entry Compound mumu
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Dblaiz(f): 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Emotions everywhere... I think most guys are only trying to console Jenny, and I really feel their pain...

Otherwise, Id ask:
Was the law in place before they submitted their entry?
Is KingofHeart the first movie to be disqualified because of the rule?
Were the producers aware of the rule?
Should the rule be changed because of KingofHeart?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by ugbarreta(m): 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
what measures did you use to justify your silly post?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Innovate07: 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
BluntBoy:

English is not our first language. It is actually our second language.

Your first language is your native language. I am Yoruba so Yoruba is my first language.

There are foreign countries where English is a first language, but many developing countries have their native languages.

Lionheart was not eligible in the first place. The award did not say English should not be used, but that the native language should be predominant. In the case of Lionheart, English was predominant.

Speak for yourself. Fir some Nigerians. English is their mother tongue and the only language of communication they know. There are some Yorubas who will not understand a word of Yoruba, so how will that be their first language?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by 2dice01: 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
thundafire:
king of boys na movie be dat hyping trash
Still better than lion rat grin
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by sanmtiago(m): 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
BrutalJab:

It's better you remain quiet so we can even think you have little sense.

See as you disgrace your full generation for here now.
he said the right thing lad!
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by vibewithme(m): 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
oga you dey use freebasics reason why your meme nor show gringringrin

nope. freebasics no get those smileys bro

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
Really?? In other climes, some director will this criticism to improve his or her work until the movie is nominated for an Oscar award.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by majamajic(m): 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
peeps4u:

UK movies were disqualified years ago except those done in welsh local language. Why should the rule be bent for Nigeria when we have local languages we can use, we can even use pigin.

since English is not our first language , they should have considered it
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Ojukwubucket(m): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
DenreleDave:
The movie was nothing special to be sincere

Our Igbo brothers just wana chest beat and make. It as if na big deal

Watch Mokalik, king of boys, October 1.. Those are better movies...

Not goat heart... Sorry lion heart
Onye ofe mmanu na anya ufu ma ha hu ihe Igbo... Tufiakwa...
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by majamajic(m): 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
BluntBoy:

English is not our first language. It is actually our second language.

Your first language is your native language. I am Yoruba so Yoruba is my first language.

There are foreign countries where English is a first language, but many developing countries have their native languages.

Lionheart was not eligible in the first place. The award did not say English should not be used, but that the native language should be predominant. In the case of Lionheart, English was predominant.

since it's not our first language , they should have considered it , what about slumboy millonire ?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by BrutalJab: 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
virago:

Stop disgracing your generation here , was it Genny that submitted the entry Compound mumu

Fool, na your Papa send am? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Vow Season 3 On Zee World 2019 / Watch Nigeria CHANNELS TV Online Live 24/7 / Khafi Faces Sack For Having Sex On Big Brother Naija - Sun UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.