Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him (28124 Views)

See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) / Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by EBMedia: 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2019
IgbereTV reports that Nigerians has lambasted a Nigerian journalist known as Fisayo Soyombo over his comment on Twitter, condemning the poor quality of local rice produced in Nigeria.

Fisayo Soyombo is an investigative journalist, a former editor of The Cable and a contributor to Aljazeera who got the praise of Nigerians after writing a report uncovering the corruption in the Nigeria's criminal Justice system.

He spent two weeks in detention — five days in a Police cell and eight as an inmate in Ikoyi Prison — to track corruption in Nigeria’s criminal justice system, after he feigned to commit an offence for which he was arrested by the Nigeria Police.

Many Nigerians are after him on Twitter after condemning Nigeria local rice.

He posted:

Just because we closed our borders for a few weeks, see the kind of nonsense rice we've flooded our markets with. This one even felt like sandy soil the moment I turned it into water. Is this honestly the best we can do as a people? Who cursed us with mediocrity so wickedly?

https://twitter.com/fisayosoyombo/status/1191658984014589953?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1115276/nigerians-blasts-fisayo-soyombo-calling-nigeria-local-rice-dirty/

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by healthserve(m): 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
It seems the fights always starts from Twitter and then rolls over to Nairaland.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Mariangeles(f): 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
The guy is silly.
There are better brands with cleaner rice he could have bought, instead he chose to buy from a local farmer and had the nerve to complain . undecided

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by NwekeUG(m): 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2019
There are better local rice in the market

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by TMSMedia: 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
Local rice is even more nutritious

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by NwekeUG(m): 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
Mariangeles:
The guy is silly.
There are better brands with cleaner rice he could have bought from, instead he chose to buy from a local farmer and had the nerve to complain . undecided
The guy didn't check well

5 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Daviddson(m): 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2019
Fisayo is in the same group with other Nigerians who ignorantly keep on saying Nigerian rice are stony. They have failed to know that the only stony rice out there are the unbagged ones which are milled using manual methods, instead of an industrial rice mill. 3 out of 10 rice brands in the market are most likely Nigerian rice, but many people think any rice that is sealed is automatically a foreign rice.

Lalasticlala, help Nigerians cure their ignorance

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by HeadNigga: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
Nigerians are toothless dogs...Headnigga.

I hope this makes front page when the Nigerians on Nairaland react and "finish" me

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by abkrgumel(m): 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
he did a good job in correction investigation to get recognize. Now he joined a political Game.
Even Kanu, FFK and other enemies of progress will not believe him

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by ursullalinda(f): 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
I blame am.....smh....local is sweet and very nutritious

3 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by nairalee(m): 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
No need to blast him. Let's just advise him to wash it wit hypo. It'll be whiter than oyinbo rice.

Thank us in heaven

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Starhearts: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
D guy need mental therapy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Edu3Again: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
They closed the border to financially strangle the South.

And to speed up the pain, they started burning markets.
That way you cant replenish ur lost stock.

Onitsha market burnt.
Then Ughelli Market burnt about 10 days ago.
Yesterday Balogun Market burnt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiwaDlrIo28

Now remember the Army wanted to use Operation Positive Identification as an excuse to put soldiers on the streets in the South.

Also during the civil war Nigeria closed the Border to starve Biafra to death.

Look at how they closed the Border that they won't close to stop foriegn Fulanis coming into Nigeria, you can see that this border closure is to harm the South.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Bbbwings: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
NwekeUG:
There are better local rice in the market
You better shine your eyes
Rebagged rice don flood market

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Ayt27(m): 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
I agree with Psychodia's comment.
Attention craving has its own high

4 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by donprinyo(m): 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
So many things wrong with nigerians head. So its ok to sell sub standard products? Our people like shooting de messenger and not de message. U people should continue dying in silence, as for me i no send una.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Bishopp007: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
Oga investigator, abeg wake jeje go prepare your ofada rice before I vex for you ooo.

The rice wey we dey always spend plenty dollars to get here in yankee

#Oneman'sfoodisanotherman'spoison#

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by madridsta007(m): 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
EBMedia:
IgbereTV reports that Nigerians has lambasted a Nigerian journalist known as Fisayo Soyombo over his comment on Twitter, condemning the poor quality of local rice produced in Nigeria.

Fisayo Soyombo is an investigative journalist, a former editor of The Cable and a contributor to Aljazeera who got the praise of Nigerians after writing a report uncovering the corruption in the Nigeria's criminal Justice system.

He spent two weeks in detention — five days in a Police cell and eight as an inmate in Ikoyi Prison — to track corruption in Nigeria’s criminal justice system, after he feigned to commit an offence for which he was arrested by the Nigeria Police.

Many Nigerians are after him on Twitter after condemning Nigeria local rice.

He posted:

Just because we closed our borders for a few weeks, see the kind of nonsense rice we've flooded our markets with. This one even felt like sandy soil the moment I turned it into water. Is this honestly the best we can do as a people? Who cursed us with mediocrity so wickedly?

https://twitter.com/fisayosoyombo/status/1191658984014589953?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1115276/nigerians-blasts-fisayo-soyombo-calling-nigeria-local-rice-dirty/

More like Buharists blasts Investigative Journalist lipsrsealed undecided

12 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by ckmayoca: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
True
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Ebonygirl1(f): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Lolz. That was fast
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by ckmayoca: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
ursullalinda:
I blame am.....smh....local is sweet and very nutritious

Does sweet now have another meaning?

Local rice? Sweet? ... the same rice these kids are rejecting upandan
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Endtimebro: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
Why must he look for the dirty one. Are u telling me that he hasn't seen a clean local rice?

4 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Factfinder1(m): 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
healthserve:
It seems the fights always starts from Twitter and then rolls over to Nairaland.

Nairaland was originally a shithole
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by praiseneo(m): 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
So suddenly the word clout start to de reign within 3 months

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Wagasigiungu(m): 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
Na me wan buy my one bag of rice from local farmers, carry am go mill and chow my tin myself. I trust I would relish it wella.

Make e siddon dey look like egbon lukman. Lolz

People are smiling to their banks with the aftereffects of this border closure--farmers are happy, entrepreneurs are happy establishing rice Mills and end consumers like us are enjoying our local rice. We no dey complain. Make e sha carry him beans water washed rice comot frm our face jor

7 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Topmaike007(m): 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
This guy is useless I swear, because you buy Tecno and it's not good doesn't me China doesn't have good brands.......

He need to take his drugs

10 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2019
guy went for the shittiest rice he could find. Destroying his own cred with speed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by 1mrprolific7(m): 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
shocked

Today they hype you. Tomorrow you're a joke.

For this country.

Is All Man for himself.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by rubyjan(f): 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
Nigerian rice is very sweet. I have been enjoying for more than 3years.

I ain't going back to that tasteless foreign rice.

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Consumes N328 Billion Worth Of Beef Annually – Govt / How To Make Coconut Oil? / My First Time Of Making Coconut Fried Rice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.