Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block (15309 Views)

Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills / Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by ijustdey: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
French oil major, Total is seeking to sell its 12.5 per cent stake in the giant Bonga deepwater oilfield off the coast of Nigeria, in an effort to adjust the energy company’s Africa portfolio amid a broad expansion.

Reuters quoted banking and industry sources as saying that the stake in Oil Mining Lease (OML) 118, which is located some 120 kilometres (75 miles) off the Niger Delta, is valued at up to $750 million.

Investment bank, Rothschild, is said to be running the sale process for the oil major.

Rothschild and a spokeswoman for Total declined to comment.

OML 118 is operated by Royal Dutch Shell, which holds a 55 per cent interest. Exxon Mobil holds a 20 per cent stake in the block, while Italy’s Eni and Total each hold 12.5 per cent.

The sale process is part of Total’s plan to sell $5 billion of assets around the world by 2020, the sources said.

The block includes the Bonga field, Nigeria’s first deepwater project which started in 2005 and produced around 225,000 barrels of oil and 150 million standard cubic feet of gas per day at its peak.

Output from the block is planned to grow sharply with the $10 billion development of the Bonga Southwest field which is expected to produce up to 200,000 bpd, roughly 10 per cent of Nigeria’s current oil production.

Nigeria’s vast oil resources have attracted foreign oil companies for decades but changes to the country’s oil revenue laws as well as an unexpected tax levy over the past year could make investments in offshore projects less attractive.

Shell and its partners were expected to make an investment decision on Bonga Southwest last year but uncertainty over its fiscal terms with the Nigerian government have delayed the process.

However, with the signing of the new Production Sharing Contract (PSC) Act by President Muhammadu Buhari, there is now clarity of terms for deep offshore production.

Shell in February launched a tender for bids for a 225,000 bpd floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel for the new development phase.

It has since pushed back the schedule for the bids.

The sale comes as Total prepares to expand its operations in Africa after agreeing earlier this year to buy Anadarko’s Africa portfolio for $8.8 billion as part of its acquisition by United States rival Occidental Corp.

Total in January started production from the Egina oilfield off Nigeria’s coast which is expected to plateau at 200,000 bpd of oil.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/11/07/total-plans-to-sell-stake-in-nigerian-oil-block/

1 Like

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by ursullalinda(f): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
Was scared reading the head line...but since is for expansion....i think is good news

3 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by lovelove2323: 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
okay grin
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by mummyz(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
Is everyone is getting tired of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by vibewithme(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
mtcheeww!
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by kelvinUchiha(m): 7:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
ONE BY ONE!!!
DEM DON DEY GO!!!
ONE BY ONE!!!!!

grin grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Ogbaruoigwe1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by iamswizz(m): 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
nothing to be afraid of, they want to key into the diversification of the economy by the Nigerian government

total farms loading lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Kylekent59: 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
I don't know whether to be happy or sad on this.

5 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by thundafire: 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
Government drafting silly bills to satisfy der greed just to collect big bribes and waive some things for foreign companies to invest
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Maslib: 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hahahahahahahahaha, a sinking ship must sink no matter what you do to save it . Buharis integrity is chasing them away.

10 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by GIDIBANKZ(m): 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
Dem wor sell total??

1 Like

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Onyeedum(m): 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
Oil business is getting to an end, technology is the new game.

13 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
Even total is feeling next level

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by groovie(m): 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
All the oil majors are divesting easy easy, to renewables. Wait the next 5yrs and see another crude oil slump. There will be no recovery from the next one.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Mutemenot(m): 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
If the few multinational companies we have disappear, what is the hope of the common businesses ?

22 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by naijadrivablog: 7:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
Rothschild hmmm.

At 225,000bpd, it is a good investment. Maybe other companies can buy all of Total stakes in that Oil Well.

I have been opportune got see several oil wells but not offshore.
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by kutashi: 7:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
thundafire:
Government drafting silly bills to satisfy der greed just to collect big bribes and waive some things for foreign companies to invest
I hope u haven't been fired by thunder with your this stupid analogy or u lend someone your phone to write 4u? grin

Those bills are to stop there free launch! Upon all the insecurity, why do you think they are still around? What do you think US is doing in iraq even during the peak period of ISIL?
I think the border of your brain has been closed too grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Emyogalanya: 7:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
Them don de go one by one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Mutemenot:
If the few multinational companies we have disappear, what is the hope of the common businesses ?
Total has planned leaving Nigeria as far back as 2015.
I even mentioned it on that chevron thread.

Diversification and renewal energy.
The only constant thing is death.

They all will leave.

The country is grounded as it is already.

2 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by olatade(m): 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
It is finished!!!
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Iceiscold: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
naijadrivablog:
Rothschild hmmm.

At 225,000bpd, it is a good investment. Maybe other companies can buy all of Total stakes in that Oil Well.

I have been opportune got see several oil wells but not offshore.
Woo .me too.opportuned to work in land rig
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Stalwert: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
kutashi:

I hope u haven't been fired by thunder with your this stupid analogy or u lend someone your phone to write 4u? grin

Those bills are to stop there free launch! Upon all the insecurity, why do you think they are still around? What do you think US is doing in iraq even during the peak period of ISIL?
I think the border of your brain has been closed too grin grin

Do you expect an ebrieted moro.n to be capable of understanding what you just wrote? Nah men, what you wrote to him is like explaining quantum physics to a mosquito.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by careytommy37(m): 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hurry up and get out!
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by chloride6: 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
Naysayers will soon arrive with news of Economic doom

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by hollowpot15684(m): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
Shell already proposed an exit plan, now Total is selling some part of it's oil block. grin

Good signs
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by crazygod(m): 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2019
Is there something this foreign investors know that we don't? All of them just dey plan run. 1st was shell now Total. Abi oil don dey dry up ni?
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by engrsyer(m): 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
It is a good one for them and I wish I can buy the asset
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by donprinyo(m): 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
If APC continues like dis Nigeria will soon become new Zimbabwe

2 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by sammyj: 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

See this portable 3bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / CBN Stops Use Of Foreign Currencies As Collateral For Naira Loan / 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.