Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,432 members, 7,839,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You (580 Views)

10,000 GMO Mosquitoes Released In Djibouti To Fight Malaria / Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) / Why Mosquitoes Seem To Bite Children More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Yesterday me and my gees worked late into the night. So late I decided against driving home so that I won't make nairaland front-page as SARS and so many other nuisances full our road.
That's not why this thread was opened though
The thing is my guy's house is infested with mosquitoes. As in Boko Haram mosquitoes. Mosquito wey dey zanku. They kept singing " opotoyi " so much I couldn't sleep. We were 5 in the flat but the owner of the flat plus two of my other guys didn't feel or hear a thing. They were sleeping soundly. I was so mad I woke one up to swap places but the mosquitoes followed me only to change track to " yeye boyfriend ". As I was complaining one of my guys said its probably because I am low in vitamin B.
Fast forward this evening I'm home and decided to google. I read so many articles about vitamin B changing the taste of blood, vitamin B as repellent because it's secreted, blah blah blah.
I'm sure in this quagmire of madness called nairaland there are very intelligent scientists. Abeg how true is this? I really don't trust google. Besides oyinbo people article on mosquitoes I'll never believe. Because our mosquito here na bros compared to theirs.
Contributions would be welcome.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You by budaatum: 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
The mosquitoes were bitting the sleepers too, they were just too unconscious to notice. Like all we Nigerians, come to think of it.

I don't know anything about mosquitoes and Vitamin B but I think you got this upside down. Mosquitoes do not love you, or rather, us Naija peoples. It is we Naija peoples that love mosquitoes so much that we piss in the street to breed them and we let them suck our blood to born. We love mosquitoes like we love our children, is closer to the truth. They would be our hugest export if we could find buyers stupid like us.

4 Likes

Re: Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You by Skyfornia(m): 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
We created mosquitoes and love them...not the other way round.

3 Likes

Re: Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
budaatum:
The mosquitoes were bitting the sleepers too, they were just too unconscious to notice. Like all we Nigerians, come to think of it.

I don't know anything about mosquitoes and Vitamin B but I think you got this upside down. Mosquitoes do not love you, or rather, us Naija peoples. It is we Naija peoples that love mosquitoes so much that we piss in the street to breed them and we let them suck our blood to born. We love mosquitoes like we love our children, is closer to the truth. They would be our hugest export if we could find buyers stupid like us.
export mosquitoes. Na there I die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You by TheSourcerer: 9:18am On Jan 09, 2020
Stop public pissing
Harass Anybody caught
Re: Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You by Octopusssy(f): 9:41am On Jan 09, 2020
Thorpido

GogetterMD

eyinjuege
Re: Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You by thorpido(m): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
The mosquitoes were biting the others,they just didn't wake up.There are some deep sleepers.

1 Like

Re: Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You by GogetterMD(m): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
Mosquitoes are drawn towards body heat, thus their ability to locate you even in the darkest room. Some early research has also shown that the female anopheles has an inclination for the O blood type. Thus if your blood group is O, you might get bitten more often than not

(1) (Reply)

HELP! Masturbation Is Taking Over My Life. / Is Lemon And Ginger Effective For Blocked Fallopian Tubes? / China Found A Cure For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.