Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Mummy Lied To Me. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mummy Lied To Me. (1178 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mummy Lied To Me. by mentro: 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
MUMMY LIED TO ME

8 November 2019|Artificial Inteligence, Inside Life, Master Classes

I was born in Yaba. Luckily, it wasn’t on the left side, my mum told me. But then, looking back she didn't tell me everything about life. And my dad? Perhaps he just wanted me to find out. Thank goodness I did. Or did I?

“Be a medical doctor so that you can make me proud”

“Opeyemi, I want you to be a lawyer"

"Opeyemi make me proud so that when people ask who that engineer is, I can say he is my boy.”

Or what would Musa not see at the gate? I saw it all.

My entire studies, from primary to secondary, were all about what my parent wanted for me. Nobody asked me what I wanted for myself. Did they think that I was too young and naive? Although to be fair, if they had asked me I would have said I wanted to be a Pilot. But at least, mummy should have asked the world what they wanted or needed in me.

Or how would you explain it? My primary school did not have a computer, my secondary school did not have a computer room, yet the world needed programmers, the world needed software developers, the world needed system engineers. The world was moving fast, but nobody told me.

I know you are reading this, but please let me ask. Did anybody tell you? Did you find out by yourself? I am asking because I think I was left out, left without the skills needed in my generation. In a world where ignorance is no excuse, who can I blame?

One day I decided to find out for myself. I went online to a website, continue reading from this link.

https://rainigeria.com/news-%26-events/f/mummy-lied-to-me

1 Like

Re: Mummy Lied To Me. by EvilSec: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
mentro:
MUMMY LIED TO ME

8 November 2019|Artificial Inteligence, Inside Life, Master Classes

I was born in Yaba. Luckily, it wasn’t on the left side, my mum told me. But then, looking back she didn't tell me everything about life. And my dad? Perhaps he just wanted me to find out. Thank goodness I did. Or did I?

“Be a medical doctor so that you can make me proud”

“Opeyemi, I want you to be a lawyer"

"Opeyemi make me proud so that when people ask who that engineer is, I can say he is my boy.”

Or what would Musa not see at the gate? I saw it all.

My entire studies, from primary to secondary, were all about what my parent wanted for me. Nobody asked me what I wanted for myself. Did they think that I was too young and naive? Although to be fair, if they had asked me I would have said I wanted to be a Pilot. But at least, mummy should have asked the world what they wanted or needed in me.

Or how would you explain it? My primary school did not have a computer, my secondary school did not have a computer room, yet the world needed programmers, the world needed software developers, the world needed system engineers. The world was moving fast, but nobody told me.

I know you are reading this, but please let me ask. Did anybody tell you? Did you find out by yourself? I am asking because I think I was left out, left without the skills needed in my generation. In a world where ignorance is no excuse, who can I blame?

One day I decided to find out for myself. I went online to a website, continue reading from this link.

https://rainigeria.com/news-%26-events/f/mummy-lied-to-me
This writeup is a great read.
Re: Mummy Lied To Me. by mentro: 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
EvilSec:

This writeup is a great read.
Thanks man. Really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start Programming Which Is Best To Start With / Pls I Need Help On C++ Or Java Programming / Im New N Pleeaasse Need Help On Game Programg Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.