Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? (2558 Views)

PS4 500gb+ Fifa 20+ Death Stranding / Death Stranding Is Now At Uk’s Top Chart As The Second Biggest PS4 Game In 2019 / Finally... Death Stranding Has A Release Date November 8, 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
I AIN'T BUYING IT!
Yea, I know y'all don't care, Kojima doesn't care, the world doesn't care but, I'v watched the game's Boss fights and game play and seriously, I wasn't impressed. It looks like something I would only play when there is absolutely nothing else to play and if someone gave me it for free.
You just keep firing at the bosses until you kill them. No weak points no nothing.

It has the presentation of any other Japanese game. Fight the creations of the main boss until finally you fight the main boss. With many bad-acting cutscenes. I just hope it has a very good story. I've been seeing decent number of meh reviews.
Well fans will always be fans.

All these are my opinion of what I've seen so far.

Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 09, 2019
I would get it prob today or tomorrow, I've played almost all Hideo Kojima game and he makes the type of game I like, most games today are too boring and easy, and practically the same except some like Sekiro, RE2, there's been nothing too exciting to the platform bu this Death Stranding feels complex and I'm interested in it. People complain it's boring but shadow of the colossus was equally like this and was an amazing game too.
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
You tube , mate , you tube . Will watch it on you tube. Not buying it .
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
pcguru1:
I would get it prob today or tomorrow, I've played almost all Hideo Kojima game and he makes the type of game I like, most games today are too boring and easy, and practically the same except some like Sekiro, RE2, there's been nothing too exciting to the platform bu this Death Stranding feels complex and I'm interested in it. People complain it's boring but shadow of the colossus was equally like this and was an amazing game too.

Fair enough... I hear Kojima's games' fans like it. Hmm... y'all must have some chemistry with the dude (no homo)
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
tobianthony:
You tube , mate , you tube . Will watch it on you tube. Not buying it .

Ma man
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
LucemFerre:

Fair enough... I hear Kojima's games' fans like it. Hmm... y'all must have some chemistry with the dude (no homo)

Feom Mgs1,2,3,4, ground zero , phantom pain , silent hill PT played almost all his games, the man is a storyteller slash movie director. His stories are very bizarre and interesting
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 9:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
pcguru1:

Feom Mgs1,2,3,4, ground zero , phantom pain , silent hill PT played almost all his games, the man is a storyteller slash movie director. His stories are very bizarre and interesting

I started ground zero but, quit before I could go anywhere. The sh!t was telling me to pay attention to a freakin' voice message... got bored of it and left it
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by CharlesJok3r: 11:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
LucemFerre:
I AIN'T BUYING IT!
Yea, I know y'all don't care, Kojima doesn't care, the world doesn't care but, I'v watched the game's Boss fights and game play and seriously, I wasn't impressed. It looks like something I would only play when there is absolutely nothing else to play and if someone gave me it for free.
You just keep firing at the bosses until you kill them. No weak points no nothing.

It has the presentation of any other Japanese game. Fight the creations of the main boss until finally you fight the main boss. With many bad-acting cutscenes. I just hope it has a very good story. I've been seeing decent number of meh reviews.
Well fans will always be fans.

All these are my opinion of what I've seen so far.
This game is hyper hyped. If you follow Kojima on twitter you understand the level of hype I mean. I'm not impressed an inch after seeing couples of walkthroughs on YouTube. The game is very boring.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Collison2(m): 9:27am On Nov 10, 2019
We all know kojima is a weirdo but one thing we can always be sure of from experience is that he always knows what he's doing...
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Mckandre(m): 10:50am On Nov 10, 2019
Hideo kojima games nd visionary is not for everyone. I psonally like his games, slow paced with unpredictable twists. Theirs a type of serene touch his games gives off maybe because of the ingame soundtracks(go watch the season film HUMANS to have glimpse of what m talking about) quite captivating with the flow of things but still never run short of actions,Which once u finish the game u will most likely wanna play it all over again . Me likey smiley
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2019
CharlesJok3r:

This game is hyper hyped. If you follow Kojima on twitter you understand the level of hype I mean. I'm not impressed an inch after seeing couples of walkthroughs on YouTube. The game is very boring.

IKR
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
Collison2:
We all know kojima is a weirdo but one thing we can always be sure of from experience is that he always knows what he's doing...

Well, Shyamalan also knew what he was doing when he directed "After Earth" and here we are
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
Mckandre:
Hideo kojima games nd visionary is not for everyone. I psonally like his games, slow paced with unpredictable twists. Theirs a type of serene touch his games gives off maybe because of the ingame soundtracks(go watch the season film HUMANS to have glimpse of what m talking about) quite captivating with the flow of things but still never run short of actions,Which once u finish the game u will most likely wanna play it all over again . Me likey smiley

Don't get me wrong, I think "BioShock, Evil Within" were master pieces but, this... I don't know.
Btw this is a game not a movie

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Mckandre(m): 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
LucemFerre:

Don't get me wrong, I think "BioShock, Evil Within" were master pieces but, this... I don't know.
Btw this is a game not a movie
i don't think u understood what i meant,watch the film nd getback cool
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
Mckandre:
i don't think u understood what i meant,watch the film nd getback cool

You want me to watch a movie before you prove a point... hehe... alright dude, YOU WIN... for whatever you are trying to argue against or for. grin

I no get power
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Mckandre(m): 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2019
LucemFerre:

You want me to watch a movie before you prove a point... hehe... alright dude, YOU WIN... for whatever you are trying to argue against or for. grin

I no get power
i made a description of the mood/atmospheric feel hideo kojima typa games gives off and using a movie that i ve seen that set me back on those moods as a reference such a bad idea? well unfortunately it is for u, since ure still trying to wrap ur mind around a masterpiece than to bother ursef with other small details that made kojima games the sought after games it is today.
Some minor details in games needs to be properly placed to give life to the in-game world, the essence is make u feel like u live it nd once the mood u want ur audience to get is achieved twill create a living world that's immersive but u won't notice these small details if u keep a closed mind while playing kojimas games. Some games is not for everyone,very soon kojimas games will ve it very own genre.
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
Mckandre:
i made a description of the mood/atmospheric feel hideo kojima typa games gives off and using a movie that i ve seen that set me back on those moods as a reference such a bad idea? well unfortunately it is for u, since ure still trying to wrap ur mind around a masterpiece than to bother ursef with other small details that made kojima games the sought after games it is today.
Some minor details in games needs to be properly placed to give life to the in-game world, the essence is make u feel like u live it nd once the mood u want ur audience to get is achieved twill create a living world that's immersive but u won't notice these small details if u keep a closed mind while playing kojimas games. Some games is not for everyone,very soon kojimas games will ve it very own genre.

Lol... "some games is not for everyone"? You said that twice thinking it's some kinda punch line or something... NO GAME is for everyone

And death stranding is far from a masterpiece. MGS... arguably
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Mckandre(m): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
LucemFerre:

Lol... "some games is not for everyone"? You said that twice thinking it's some kinda punch line or something... NO GAME is for everyone

And death stranding is far from a masterpiece. MGS... arguably
well,I'll keep ramming it till it sticks to those that likes to complain on anything like they know one or two about building games tongue
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
Mckandre:
well,I'll keep ramming it till it sticks to those that likes to complain on anything like they know one or two about building games tongue

Not all coaches were players. And Actually it was my opinion on what I've seen so far.
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Girah35(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
pcguru1:
Don't waste your money on buying the game. Have watched the game play on YouTube and it really boring. Go for Red dead Redemption 2, New call of duty modern warfare, God of War.
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Girah35(m): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
pcguru1:

lol go and play The Last of US or Uncharted thief's end
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
Girah35:
lol go and play The Last of US or Uncharted thief's end

Finished last of us , unchartered sucks it's too linear for me. The end of last of us was emotional as in.
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
Girah35:
Don't waste your money on buying the game. Have watched the game play on YouTube and it really boring. Go for Red dead Redemption 2, New call of duty modern warfare, God of War.

Lol you're telling an hideo kojima fanboy not to buy it, I will buy it, red dead my bro has it, dont really like the game, I like weird games. I'm enjoying Sekiro at the moment. Because most games lately are too easy to finish and the same plot in a way
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 8:17am On Nov 15, 2019
pcguru1:

Lol you're telling an hideo kojima fanboy not to buy it, I will buy it, red dead my bro has it, dont really like the game, I like weird games. I'm enjoying Sekiro at the moment. Because most games lately are too easy to finish and the same plot in a way

Weird? Then play Hellblade, Evil within, RE, Dead space, Bioshock
MGS isn't weird how did you become a fan of Kojima's then?
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 15, 2019
LucemFerre:

Weird? Then play Hellblade, Evil within, RE, Dead space, Bioshock
MGS isn't weird how did you become a fan of Kojima's then?

Kojima game's are my type paranormal activities plus I am a stealth fanatic. Kojima is the only one that does odd stuff, in MGS 1 you needed to look at the back of the game cd for radio frequency for Meryll, or plug into the second port, to defeat psycho-mantis. or in Snake eater you could kill the end by adjusting the clock, plus the dialogue in MGS are very very complex and mad. Phantom Pain had some mad concept
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by LucemFerre: 10:19am On Nov 15, 2019
pcguru1:

Kojima game's are my type paranormal activities plus I am a stealth fanatic. Kojima is the only one that does odd stuff, in MGS 1 you needed to look at the back of the game cd for radio frequency for Meryll, or plug into the second port, to defeat psycho-mantis. or in Snake eater you could kill the end by adjusting the clock, plus the dialogue in MGS are very very complex and mad. Phantom Pain had some mad concept

I tried Ground Zeros. They told me to listen to some nonsense frequency before I save somebody. I quit. I might try it again though, now that i don't have any game to play.
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by HyDef(m): 8:24am On Nov 18, 2019
Kojima games are similar to Arthouse films. Depending on who you ask, they're either absolutely brilliant, or a load of crap/waste of time.
I played MGS2: Substance, and I really liked it. Solid game, and the amount of surprises in the gameplay despite being a relatively old game made me respect it.

Death Stranding looks weird as hell, but it's Kojima, so not so surprising. He's probably the closest thing to an auteur in the video game realm.

I heard it's coming out on PC next year. I might consider it.
It has Mads Mikkelsen too, so another point in its favour.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by KingAzubuike(f): 6:29am On Dec 30, 2019
pcguru1:

You like weird games and you don't like read dead redemption ? grin. Not red dead Redemption, play red dead redemption 2. That's the greatest game ever made. The details are just crazy. Crazier than GTA. Surf YouTube to know more about RDR 2. And you can never be bored as there are lots of side missions and Easter eggs. I remember straying into the wilderness and saw some occultic people performing rituals , strangers invite you to their home and if you eat their food or drink, you're a goner. They kill you or steal from you and dump you naked . The game is just to big to finish exploring. It's an open world game like GTA. It's even crazier than GTA 5 in terms of graphics , details and lots of real life crazy stuffs and they're from the same company , RockStar

Cc Girah35
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2019
KingAzubuike:

You like weird games and you don't like read dead redemption ? grin. Not red dead Redemption, play red dead redemption 2. That's the greatest game ever made. The details are just crazy. Crazier than GTA. Surf YouTube to know more about RDR 2. And you can never be bored as there are lots of side missions and Easter eggs. I remember straying into the wilderness and saw some occultic people performing rituals , strangers invite you to their home and if you eat their food or drink, you're a goner. They kill you or steal from you and dump you naked . The game is just to big to finish exploring. It's an open world game like GTA. It's even crazier than GTA 5 in terms of graphics , details and lots of real life crazy stuffs and they're from the same company , RockStar

Cc Girah35

I will try it my brother has it, I won't lie it's an amazing game but mehn j guess the story line isn't it for me. I will try it out
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 30, 2019
pcguru1:

I will try it my brother has it, I won't lie it's an amazing game but mehn j guess the story line isn't it for me. I will try it out
sir please show me some love this festive period. i have nothing to celebrate
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by KingAzubuike(f): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2019
pcguru1:

It's just like GTA but GTA is in modern times, RDR 2 is in the "olden days" grin permit me to use that word or the old wild west if you understand. And it's crazier than GTA. It's just too real. Watch this short clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE9lhFQlsPg
Re: What Do You Think About Death Stranding From What We've Seen So Far? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
KingAzubuike:

It's just like GTA but GTA is in modern times, RDR 2 is in the "olden days" grin permit me to use that word or the old wild west if you understand. And it's crazier than GTA. It's just too real. Watch this short clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE9lhFQlsPg

I often call it Cowboy simulator, it is so realistic that working for money feels like a real job, one of the issues I told my bro is that it is too realistic, but I will keep an open mind and give it a try.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Download Fifa 18 For Computers / I Need Help To Crack My PS 3 ! / Where Can I Download PSP Games?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.