Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Tapped Conversation - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tapped Conversation (690 Views)

How To Tell If Your Phone Is Tapped? / An Interesting Conversation I Had With A Whatsapp Hacker. Stay Woke / My Conversation With Chinese People Over Hauwei,xiaomi And Apple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tapped Conversation by LabUdegbe(m): 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Pls help. I think somebody (I don't know who for now) tapped my phone..

Coz I've had instances where some of my conversations were replayed by friends that ordinarily ought not to know I had a conversation about a certain topic.

Could it be my phone or number is secretly recording my calls and sending it to another number?

Pls, how do I handle this issue? How do I find out who and possible ways to stop this mess..
Re: Tapped Conversation by photon3106: 12:41am On Nov 09, 2019
LabUdegbe:
Pls help. I think somebody (I don't know who for now) tapped my phone..

Coz I've had instances where some of my conversations were replayed by friends that ordinarily ought not to know I had a conversation about a certain topic.

Could it be my phone or number is secretly recording my calls and sending it to another number?

Pls, how do I handle this issue? How do I find out who and possible ways to stop this mess..

First, you didn't state the phone brand and model. Second, you've not indicated if both outgoing and incoming calls are being recorded or one of the two.

From your explanation, I'd say that remote tapping is less likely but not impossible. Logically, someone eavesdropping on your calls wouldn't jeopardize the secret nature of his action by sending them to your friends unless it is for the sake of blackmail inwhich case he/she would be selective of which conversation to go viral.

Here is what's probably happening:
1. Your phone might have an auto call recording app that obviously saves your recorded calls locally either in .3gpp, ,wav, .amr or.mp3 format such that the files are accessible through apps like Xender. So, say your friend picks up your phone to get your latest music and video files using xender. They might end up sending batch files containing the records.

2. You have a security app/feature on your phone that can be triggered in a way to record the phone's environment even during calls and have it broadcasted to either a relative's or friend's mobile.

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix “unfortunately, App Has Stopped” Error On Android / How To Reduce Data Consumption On Android Phones / Apple Watch Series 5 Specification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.