Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! (1483 Views)

" I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? / Happening Now:candidates To Write Nigeria Navy Exams Asked To Sit On The Floor / 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by bolaoni(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2007
I have seen a lot of people looking for job for years without any form of success.
Just yesterday, I was accosted by a lady who had been out of School for two
years without getting anything to do. I was shocked when she told me that but
I couldn't probe her further for lack of time.

My honest advise for all job seekers, is to learn to add value to their lives while
they are searching for what to do. I cannot imagine someone doing NOTHING for
years all because they couldn't get a job. I want to tell you that there is something
for you to do.

Look around yourself for something to get engaged with and you NEVER can tell where
that will lead you. I read Mechanical Engineering and has NEVER worked with it. Why? I
learnt about adding value to my life before I left the University. I picked up interest in
Computer and immediately after I left school, I took up a job at a Cybercafe for a paltry
sum and by the time I left the cafe, I had became an Internet expert. I now run a
Web Design firm, speak at Seminars and conduct online trainings for others.

Imagine I still see guys we left school together some years back looking distraught
and always complaining of not being able to secure employment. Some of these
guys told me I was foolish back then, for taking the decisions I took. They now know
better. cool

Pride should be dealt with if you are ever going to survive in this country of ours. If all
you can do is to enroll for training in a Fashion School, so be it. I have seen graduates
go into braiding and they are making a leaving from it. We always love claiming to be BIG
when we are not embarassed I am sure hunger does not know a BIG guy/Lady

LEARN [/b]what you have to do, and you may [b]NEVER look for that job AGAIN! cool

I hope just one person heed to advice.

Best of luck! wink
Re: Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by cornel318(m): 8:27am On May 23, 2007
Thanks Brother for that piece of advice.
I myself read Chemical Eng. but because of the prevalent economy, i could n't afford to sit at home
and while away as there was no calling after series of test.
Right now am a Computer instructor, web site designer and also currently running
a computer programming [i][/i]course.
I believe with that i cant be idle in life again.

Lets try and carve an inche for ourselves.
One Love Nairaland!!!!!![center][/center]
Re: Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by fabiyi: 10:25am On May 23, 2007
What a wonderful write-up!

Anyway, that is just it as cornel 318 has said it all. All you need to do now is to look at yourself and begin to think of what you can do to earn you a living.

God will see us through.

Big AMEN.
Re: Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by res100(f): 11:17am On May 23, 2007
thanks men dat was cool i hope we all can learn from dat all the best men
Re: Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by bolaoni(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2007
I remember a story once told by my former GO. This will be an inspiration to someone

It happened in Ibadan so many years ago. Two friends that graduated from UI
couldn't secure any job after their youth service and one day they got
tired of waiting at home.

What did they do? They both decided to start a neighbourhood cleaning
service, where they organise for dirts to be removed in their neighbourhood
When these guys started, people we making fun of then.

It got to a time, the job was getting too much for the two to handle, they
started employing extra hands and it got to another stage all the helps couldn't
help. They started hiring lorries to the level they were able to get theirs.

They now have a BIG business on their hands and they started employing others to
handle the biz and they do the running in a coolf office. cool
Re: Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by lepacious: 9:06pm On May 23, 2007
Thanks Bolaoni for that advice. it is true that being idle is dangerous. How come we Nigerians swallow our pride and travel abroad to do "diirty"jobs but can't do even less degrading jobs in our country. shocked
Re: Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by bolaoni(m): 9:01am On May 24, 2007
Maybe we are trying not to wash our dirty linen in the public grin grin grin

Another interesting story about a young Nigerian that didn't wait for
opportunities to come and meet him.

Moses Osakwe, MD/CEO Catfish Dynamo Ltd, Aged 33, finished his University
some years back and decided to use all his saving to travel abroad because
there was no hope for him in Naija. He got to the Airport and was DEPORTED!

He came back home trying the next escape route only for him to read about Catfish
in Success Digest. he attended a seminar one day on Catfish farming and decided to
try his hands on it. He started with an old/unused fridge that he laid carpet in.

From that little beginning, this young man has made MILLIONS! He now has about 3
farmlands for his fish farm business and now he is into Oil Haulage, got his own
Petrol Station all at 33 years. cool

I wonder when people say there is NOTHING to do here in Nigeria. So surprising.

Great day All. kiss
Re: Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by ikamefa(f): 7:14pm On May 24, 2007
what a wonderful thread! true words i tell you!

my own little 2 cents is that if you start on something(a legitimate business) and it does not work out , don't sit around mopping and pitying your self ,venture into another field,with time you are sure to find your niche
Re: Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by HH(m): 9:18am On May 25, 2007
Hey,

this is indeed the most comfortable job you may ever get.there are things you may refuse to do today but in 5years time you will regret why you didnt do them.a lot of us feel that until you wear suit to office your a nobody.

the hard truth is that being employed is almost the worst employment. If you dont have a job for now, dont feel the employed is better than you are and begin to feel inferior.

a professional is not just the person who wear suit.make it a must that u will be very good at whatever you decide to do.even those who are employed wants to become self employed.

dont get me wrong! theres nothing wrong if you have a job.incase your not lucky passing an aptitude test or an interview doesnt mean you cannot move on succesfully in life. Come to think of it, how much does these so-called banks and the rest pay self!do you think bankers are the biggest boys and girls?let them tell you their story.

Brothers/sisters, you just cannot afford to allow an employer waiste your time. i know you guys out there can do something. stop feeling inferior cos u dont wear suit every morning heading to the island.burst how glossy and fine the office building look for you can make money to live in a better apartment.

make yourself happy.

well, you can discard the story lines on the tread and keep buying new versions of GMAT with the money you should have invested.

the summary is try both ways and make sure you get engaged.

dont forget to PRAY, very important.
Re: Don't just sit waiting for the job to come! by ojesymsym: 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2007
I couldn't agree less. You are right 100% but u need capital to start something and a good idea also.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does Intercontinental Bank Pay For Entry Level? / Isalu Hospital Interview Invitation / Vacancy For Personal Assistant/secretary To Retired C.e.o.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.