Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver (4931 Views)

Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / Man Surprises Lady Who Returned His Phone With N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by fineboynl(m): 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
I entered a drop yesterday via opay and due to their anniversary I was charged N10.

the application was temporally unavailable through out yesterday except in the evening. my discussion with the driver was that he said ignorance is the setback of opay. he said they went to the training and the aim of opay is to stop people from using cash but pay with opay. and he said people are scared of putting their atm card on the app. he said opay don't want people cashing out from the wallet but rather people should be paying to other opay wallets.

I told him opay called me and wanted me to be their agent. and I think they have invested too much on this aggrieved marketing strategies. it might failed because Nigerians are so poor to afford a drop. users are paying N10 for a journey of N400 yesterday.

only time will tell.

5 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
I paid #10 as well, but when I got to my destination the app wasn’t responding so the rider said he was done for the day, so I can pay later when the app starts working, which I did.

2 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by CharlesJok3r: 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
I don't think Opay mean business with all the charities and promo they have been doing of recent.
I doubt they will ever recover any part of the money they blew away on adverts and promotions.

6 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by guji12(m): 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
fineboynl:

I entered a drop yesterday via opay and due to their anniversary I was charged N10.

the application was temporally unavailable through out yesterday except in the evening. my discussion with the driver was that he said ignorance is the setback of opay. he said they went to the training and the aim of opay is to stop people from using cash but pay with opay. and he said people are scared of putting their atm card on the app. he said opay don't want people cashing out from the wallet but rather people should be paying to other opay wallets.

I told him opay called me and wanted me to be their agent. and I think they have invested too much on this aggrieved marketing strategies. it might failed because Nigerians are so poor to afford a drop. users are paying N10 for a journey of N400 yesterday.

only time will tell.
can u list d States opay functions.. Please
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
The question should be what problem are they solving, paying from wallet is that a problem at all?
Providing comfort might be a problem but other alternatives exist like Uber, taxify
The problem here is traffic, Lagos is traffic briden?
Unfortunately they can't solve it

2 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
opay is trying hard to copy M-PESA,alipay and the rest ewallet business strategy but i know for sure they will fail, they will because of lack of trust and cultural differences, nigerians do not trust anything online because of fraud.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Chapter1vs6(m): 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
guji12:

can u list d States opay functions.. Please
Lagos Enugu kwara Oyo Ogun. Those are the few I know
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by solz23(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
Add uyo
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Chapter1vs6(m): 8:45pm On Nov 09, 2019
solz23:

Add uyo
uyo is not yet a state

2 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by sheddo619(m): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
kano,kaduna
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by jubianose(m): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
I pray they will not fail oo... Really they services has been very worthwhile and appealing to me.

7 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by kzubyar(m): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
kano.kaduna
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by olasaad(f): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
jubianose:
I pray they will not fail oo...
Really they services has been very worthwhile and appealing to me.

They have started failing with their high charges

2 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Margy: 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
They will succeed.... we Nigerian just need to be honest.. datsall!!!!

In Enugu, the rider clicks on "enroute" even when they've not picked you!

Honesty...Nothing more!

11 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by AstroG: 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chapter1vs6:

Delta,asaba precisely
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Fortune109: 12:39am On Nov 10, 2019
They can simply sell Opay recharge cards which should be made available everywhere...their riders should be embedded with a special device with which the cards are inserted and payments are made without cash. Problem solved!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by seunlayi(m): 3:41am On Nov 10, 2019
They will fail if care is not taken, their recent activities is one of the expressways to failure in naija

1 Like

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by eki2000(m): 5:06am On Nov 10, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
uyo is not yet a state
Opay is readily available in Uyo.
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by CyberEBOLA(m): 5:21am On Nov 10, 2019
ONLY ONE THING WILL KILL OPAY: OVERRUSHING THINGS.
Rush in, Rush out.
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2019
eki2000:
Opay is readily available in Uyo.
Is uyo a state? Simply say Akwa-Ibom, we all know they operate mostly in the capitals of the states mentioned.

5 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by barapistis(m): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2019
The only way opay will fail is if the Chinese government will fail

Dont think thise guys came to the market without their research

They know Nigerians as much as the CBN does

No one has accurate data as much as the CBN

So forget about the apps getting bulged and all

Opay cannot fail

No one brings in 50 million USD with access to more to only come and play

They are in charity mode now until the economy affords them the profit
Which will eventually come

It's not a one man ..or the Nigerian kind of squeeze squeeze profit business

2 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Jollof123: 9:22am On Nov 10, 2019
Fortune109:
They can simply sell Opay recharge cards which should be made available everywhere...their riders should be embedded with a special device with which the card are inserted and payments are made without cash. Problem solved!

I salute your brain....thumbs up

4 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by LOVEGINO(m): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
including kaduna. Because of d awof, I don park my car grin
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by LOVEGINO(m): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2019
barapistis:

Opay cannot fail

ur head correct.

1 Like

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Chapter1vs6(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2019
LOVEGINO:
including kaduna. Because of d awof, I don park my car grin
lol its not actually about the awof tho.
Opay offers me the convenience of not staying under d sun looking for bike, a bike that you will still need to bargain on.

For the rider, opay saves you the stress of burning fuel up and down looking for passengers

2 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by madgoat(m): 10:22am On Nov 10, 2019
barapistis:

Opay cannot fail

Senseless comment. Is Opay a Chinese company grin
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Youngsage: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2019
@Op, you didn't really 'enter' it or did you? shocked
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by barapistis(m): 10:55am On Nov 10, 2019
madgoat:

Senseless comment. Is Opay a Chinese company grin

As you no get sense

Oya

Begin do your discovery

Madgoat

I know say the thing hard you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 10, 2019
barapistis:

Opay cannot fail

opay is not a chinese gvt project but private investors project

they can fail like any other business, jumia and the rest were here before opay with enough funding than opay and they all crashed and went away, jumia had to sell all their asset and focus on their ecommerce site

olx was here with millions of dollars in funding, they also crashed and failed

konga with all its funding was sold to a nigerian company for a mere amount

all these came with their market research and failed woefully.

5 Likes

Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by seanwilliam(m): 11:07am On Nov 10, 2019
CharlesJok3r:
I don't think Opay mean business with all the charities and promo they have been doing of recent.
I doubt they will ever recover any part of the money they blew away on adverts and promotions.
na lie sir, they've increased it from 100 to 150
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by guji12(m): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
I know of plateau state.. Wat of delta?
Re: I Entered Opay N10 Yesterday. Ans Discussed With The Driver by nani667: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
The OFood is the worst sef, plenty Promo in the app but the restaurants and eateries involved will always cancel the order because they don't want to lose money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are The Prices Of These Phones Real? / Which Photo Edit App Is This / Mtn New Data Plans Suitable For Students - Get 100mb For N100 And 50mb For N50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.