Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

How Can I Put My Car Navigation System To Use In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Put My Car Navigation System To Use In Nigeria (1949 Views)

Installation Of Navigation System For RX 350 2014. / Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. / Car Navigation And DVD Screen Seller Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Put My Car Navigation System To Use In Nigeria by tojj: 7:19am On Nov 11, 2019
I just got an Acura MDX ,how can I put the Navigation system to use
Re: How Can I Put My Car Navigation System To Use In Nigeria by nurey(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
tojj:

it won't work in Nigeria.

if the nav is a standalone unit that doesn't control other interior accessories like AC, fuel economy calculator, system warning screen, reverse cam, then you can remove it and add a 3rd party.

or

buy a separate nav system like tramigo and slap it on the dashboard area

or

buy a phone holder and use your phone, you don't need internet for navigation, rather you need GPS/ location on and Google maps would function well.
Re: How Can I Put My Car Navigation System To Use In Nigeria by timifakay(m): 6:25am On Nov 12, 2019
nurey:

it won't work in Nigeria.

if the nav is a standalone unit that doesn't control other interior accessories like AC, fuel economy calculator, system warning screen, reverse cam, then you can remove it and add a 3rd party.

or

buy a separate nav system like tramigo and slap it on the dashboard area

or

buy a phone holder and use your phone, you don't need internet for navigation, rather you need GPS/ location on and Google maps would function well.

You do need Internet to set up route
Re: How Can I Put My Car Navigation System To Use In Nigeria by nurey(m): 8:48am On Nov 12, 2019
timifakay:

You do need Internet to set up route

for Google maps you need internet initially to setup route after that you don't need data only location switched on and you are good to go.

For sygic map you don't need internet to setup route just switch on location and you ar3 good to go.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Put My Car Navigation System To Use In Nigeria by EgunMogaji2: 8:55am On Nov 12, 2019
tojj:

You'll need to update the map in the system.

Some outfit was doing this on here many moons ago.

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Increase Horsepower In A 4 -cylinder Engine Car / Resurs Next Engine Restorer / UBER/BOLT Driver Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.