Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? (1733 Views)

Traditional Wrapper: How Rivers Women Preserved This Heritage / An Igbo Woman Farting In The Presence Of Her Husband Is A Taboo - Young Lady / Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by ewa26: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
When he goes for Igwa mang or any other occasion that requires him to wear wrapper is it reasonable for him to wear half shimi or must it be shorts/boxers underneath?
Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by Probz(m): 12:53am On Nov 13, 2019
How many times are you going to ask this question?

1 Like

Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by ewa26: 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
just want an answer oo
Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by Probz(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
ewa26:
just want an answer oo

And the answer you keep being given is the affirmative.

You want to rock a wrapper without the coarse fabric riding up on your skin then by all means wear a half-slip/half-shimi underneath but it must be black and plain with no slits or lace.

1 Like

Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by ewa26: 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2019
Probz:

And the answer you keep being given is the affirmative.

You want to rock a wrapper without the coarse fabric riding up on your skin then by all means wear a half-slip/half-shimi underneath but it must be black and plain with no slits or lace.
ok tnx
Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by OruExpress: 6:42am On Nov 30, 2019
You can wear what you like under a wrapper. Anyone that has a tradition involving 'boxers', is confused.
Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by ewa26: 1:02am On Dec 13, 2019
OruExpress:
You can wear what you like under a wrapper. Anyone that has a tradition involving 'boxers', is confused.

ok but how common is it for Ibo men who wear wrapper to wear shimi underneath their wrapper?
Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by OruExpress: 6:41am On Dec 13, 2019
ewa26:

ok but how common is it for Ibo men who wear wrapper to wear shimi underneath their wrapper?

I don't know, and don't want to know lol. But there's not 'tradition' that tells you what to wear under your wrapper, and there's no igbo word for 'boxers' so 'boxers' can't be a part of an igbo 'tradition'.

Anything anyone wants to wear in Igbo culture is their business. There are no rules on casual dressing in our culture.
Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by Probz(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2019
ewa26:

You and your half shimi questions.

It happens with some frequency. All it does is serve a practical function for people who wear wrappers (male or female). Anyone who sees it as exclusive for women is mistaken.

1 Like

Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by ewa26: 11:56am On Dec 13, 2019
A
OruExpress:

I don't know, and don't want to know lol. But there's not 'tradition' that tells you what to wear under your wrapper, and there's no igbo word for 'boxers' so 'boxers' can't be a part of an igbo 'tradition'.

Anything anyone wants to wear in Igbo culture is their business. There are no rules on casual dressing in our culture.

ok tnx, but have you ever seen an Igbo man wearing g half shimi under wrapper and would you do it? moreover should I want to do that, what sort of half shimi should I wear?
Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by ewa26: 7:25am On Dec 16, 2019
OruExpress:

Answer me pls
Re: May An Igbo Man Wear A Half Shimi Under His Wrapper? by ewa26: 12:51am On Apr 28, 2020
Probz:

You and your half shimi questions.

It happens with some frequency. All it does is serve a practical function for people who wear wrappers (male or female). Anyone who sees it as exclusive for women is mistaken.

Ok tnx

(1) (Reply)

Strange And Fascinating Courtship Traditions Around The World / Betrayal!!! How To Tell If She Have Had Sex With Someone Else / America Soldier Traces His Root To Igbo Of Biafra, Says.. "I Am Very Happy T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.