Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life (7620 Views)

An Encounter With Dr. Cosmas Maduka That Changed The Life Of CEO Stanel Group / I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused / The Business That Changed My Life!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
I've always had the dream to work as a remote content writer (not freelance) with a company. I know two top content writers in Nigeria who have achieved this lofty goal. So I kept pushing to get there. Little did I know that I was already on the path that will lead me there. Below was how it happened:

I assume you know me already. I am Ladywriter. I created this thread "https://www.nairaland.com/4479900/how-make-decent-income-writing
", and "https://www.nairaland.com/1833989/how-make-1000-month-writing".

I stopped working on Freelancer.com to start my writing biz few years ago. It was tough, but I kept going. Two years ago, I sourced clients from LinkedIn. I got about 3 clients all from Europe. I worked with these companies for some time. The least period being six months and the longest - for about 2 years. While working with them, I tried as much as possible to satisfy the clients, but one of them was difficult to please. I eventually lost two of the clients. I kept faith with the remaining one. During this period, I brushed up my seo skill, took paid writing courses worth over $300 with Jon Morrow, bought copywriting books, read virtually all of Neil Patel’s content and followed Brian Dean bumper to bumper. I also bought grammar editing tools. I just kept on learning and improving myself.

Within a year, I became a pro at writing excellent business articles that ranked high on search engines. The articles I wrote for the company began to rank high in Google for our targeted keywords and the company sales soar. The company gives incentives from time to time. For example, they give Amazon Gift cards during Christmas.

Not too long ago, the company wanted to expand its staff strength. I got a call from the CEO asking me if I would like to work for the company full time. I was highly elated! I don’t think I need to tell you my answer (lol). Dreams come true after all. My basic salary for a start is four figures in dollars which translates to six figures in naira. I couldn’t believe my eyes. To cap it all, there are many benefits attached to the job. I will have the opportunity to travel annually to participate in the company’s camp meeting. There are other side benefits apart from my salary.

People, it is good to be hardworking. I can’t begin to tell you the number of hours I spend on my laptop daily including weekends or how much I pay for data monthly. It took me about 3-4 years to get to this point with a lot of learning curves. But it eventually paid off. And this is just the beginning for me.

The truth is, there is no shortcut to success online. There is a process to follow to achieve your dreams. There is no height too high to climb if you are ready to pay the price.

I am writing this piece to encourage someone out there on the path to achieving his or her dreams or someone with a similar dream as mine.

If you are a writer and you want to achieve a similar feat, follow the steps below:

1. Learn how to write business articles
2. Learn how to do SEO
3. Learn how to source clients from LinkedIn
4. Take free and paid writing courses
5. Follow the experts

May God reward your efforts!

Blessings!

106 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by Nairaplus(m): 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
Wow! Your story is inspiring. Of course I know you, knew you here actually through the article you referred to where you were guiding us on how to do freelance writing on freelancer.com. I am happy for you and your guide is worth giving a trial. More blessings!!!

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nairaplus:
Wow! Your story is inspiring. Of course I know you, knew you here actually through the article you referred to where you were guiding us on how to do freelance writing on freelancer.com. I am happy for you and your guide is what giving a trial. More blessings!!!

Glad to hear you want to try it out. It works.
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by Karleb(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
One word, tenacity!

4 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by emman44(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2019
ladywriter:
I've always had the dream to work as a remote content writer (not freelance) with a company. I know two top content writers in Nigeria who have achieved this lofty goal. So I kept pushing to get there. Little did I know that I was already on the path that will lead me there. Below was how it happened:

I assume you know me already - I created this thread "https://www.nairaland.com/4479900/how-make-decent-income-writing

I stopped working on Freelancer.com to start my writing biz few years ago. It was tough, but I kept going. Two years ago, I sourced clients from LinkedIn. I got about 3 clients all from Europe. I worked with these companies for some time. The least period being six months and the longest - for about 2 years. While working with them, I tried as much as possible to satisfy the clients, but one of them was difficult to please. I eventually lost two of the clients. I kept faith with the remaining one. During this period, I brushed up my seo skill, took paid writing courses worth over $300 with Jon Morrow, bought copywriting books, read virtually all of Neil Patel’s content and followed Brian Dean bumper to bumper. I also bought grammar editing tools. I just kept on learning and improving myself.

Within a year, I became a pro at writing excellent business articles that ranked high on search engines. The articles I wrote for the company began to rank high in Google for our targeted keywords and the company sales soar. The company gives incentives from time to time. For example, they give Amazon Gift cards during Christmas.

Not too long ago, the company wanted to expand its staff strength. I got a call from the CEO asking me if I would like to work for the company full time. I was highly elated! I don’t think I need to tell you my answer (lol). Dreams come true after all. My basic salary for a start is four figures in dollars which translates to six figures in naira. I couldn’t believe my eyes. To cap it all, there are many benefits attached to the job. I will have the opportunity to travel annually to participate in the company’s camp meeting. There are other side benefits apart from my salary.

People, it is good to be hardworking. I can’t begin to tell you the number of hours I spend on my laptop daily including weekends or how much I pay for data monthly. It took me about 3-4 years to get to this point with a lot of learning curves. But it eventually paid off. And this is just the beginning for me.

The truth is, there is no shortcut to success online. There is a process to follow to achieve your dreams. There is no height too high to climb if you are ready to pay the price.

I am writing this piece to encourage someone out there on the path to achieving his or her dreams or someone with a similar dream as mine.

If you are a writer and you want to achieve a similar feat, follow the steps below:

2. Learn how to do SEO
5. Follow the experts

Blessings!
More blessings to you. I got to know about freelancer.com from you some years ago at some point I went for one on one training. Ever since freelancer has been my only source of income. Indeed you can sit in the comfort of your room and earn a living. Thank you, Ma.

Keep on Soaring.

8 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by bskyb(m): 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
This is a story of tenacity, perseverance and hardwork. I will check out your post on freelaning . who knows? Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
emman44:

More blessings to you. I got to know about freelancer.com from you some years ago at some point I went for one on one training. Ever since freelancer has been my only source of income. Indeed you can sit in the comfort of your room and earn a living. Thank you, Ma.

Keep on Soaring.

Thanks Emman44, I am glad its working for you. I am highly encouraged.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by Geofavor(m): 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
Congratulations, LadyWriter, the lady who inspired me to better my writing.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
Geofavor:
Congratulations, LadyWriter, the lady who inspired me to better my writing.

Wow! I'm glad you're inspired.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by All4good: 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
ladywriter:

Wow! I'm glad you're inspired.
Congrats. Continue to soar.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ChocolateBunny: 10:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
Congrats Ladywriter. I'm inspired.! Many more wins

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by alexvic12: 10:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
Congratulations!!
You keep inspiring us the young writers.

I understand the learning curve; these couple of years have shown me a lot and I'm learning. May we all reach our goals, LadyWriter.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by AtoningBlood(m): 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
Congrats madam.

You encouraged some of us, even if I'm not a writer, I bless God for sharing your experience, you made me believe a Nigerian can do it and it's being a wonderful experience.

I can't also forget Victor and beatzone.

God bless you madam.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by generationz(f): 5:09am On Nov 12, 2019
ladywriter:

I assume you know me already. I am Ladywriter. I created this thread "https://www.nairaland.com/4479900/how-make-decent-income-writing

2. Learn how to do SEO
5. Follow the experts

Blessings!

So, are you saying if I have very little to basic knowledge in writing and I follow those five tips, I can also get this type of job?
What we're the other requirements for the job?
BSc, masters or just your skill and experience?

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by Jacktheripper: 5:53am On Nov 12, 2019
Nice thread, OP. Let me quickly add something here. When looking for clients, it is better to target agencies/companies than individuals as agencies tend to have more spending power.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by Khaytunechi: 6:43am On Nov 12, 2019
This is so inspiring. All you wrote are things I plan to achieve. So help me God.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by tranxo(m): 6:47am On Nov 12, 2019
ladywriter:

2. Learn how to do SEO
5. Follow the experts

Blessings!
Madam on top! God is good!

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 12, 2019
ladywriter:

2. Learn how to do SEO
5. Follow the experts

Blessings!

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! This is a proof that hard work pays, no matter how long it takes. God bless you and give you the strength to keep soaring higher.

Please, what are the names of the paid courses you took?

Kobosmart, see your mates. You’re busy looking down on people. You better receive sense.

5 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by kobosmart(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2019
maiahsaiah:

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! This is a proof that hard work pays, no matter how long it takes. God bless you and give you the strength to keep soaring higher.

Please, what are the names of the paid courses you took?

Kobosmart, see your mates. You’re busy looking down on people. You better receive sense.
grin all these time wey we dey waste and akk these hard to get wey you dey do, i for don fvck you buy your insurance by now
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2019
All4good:

Congrats. Continue to soar.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2019
ChocolateBunny:
Congrats Ladywriter. I'm inspired.! Many more wins

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 8:04am On Nov 12, 2019
alexvic12:
Congratulations!!
You keep inspiring us the young writers.

I understand the learning curve; these couple of years have shown me a lot and I'm learning. May we all reach our goals, LadyWriter.

Amen. Thanks
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 8:07am On Nov 12, 2019
AtoningBlood:
Congrats madam.

You encouraged some of us, even if I'm not a writer, I bless God for sharing your experience, you made me believe a Nigerian can do it and it's being a wonderful experience.

I can't also forget Victor and beatzone.

God bless you madam.

Thanks. That's the reason I am sharing it. Imagine getting a job when the image of the country is battered everywhere. Nothing is impossible.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 8:17am On Nov 12, 2019
generationz:

So, are you saying if I have very little to basic knowledge in writing and I follow those five tips, I can also get this type of job?
What we're the other requirements for the job?
BSc, masters or just your skill and experience?

Let me shock you - they didn't even ask for my Pali (Certificate). It's based on deliverables. Can you get us more traffic that will lead to more sales? Yes? Let's get started. I delivered and they believed in me. There are companies that are out for results and not the number of degrees because it may not translate to the desired goals.

Yes, you can. But like I said it is a process. You have to write and learn. But it becomes easier when you have a mentor that can hold your hands as you navigate the path.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 8:22am On Nov 12, 2019
Jacktheripper:
Nice thread, OP. Let me quickly add something here. When looking for clients, it is better to target agencies/companies than individuals as agencies tend to have more spending power.

Hmmm! The individuals I targeted are company CEOs and Marketing managers. They have the power to hire when there is a need. If you go through agencies your journey may be longer. Some of them also reach out to these same CEOs to get jobs and then outsource it cheaply to writers. They get the bulk of the profit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 8:24am On Nov 12, 2019
tranxo:

Madam on top! God is good!

Oga Tranx. Good to see you here. Thank God for His mercies.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by smarthken(m): 9:53am On Nov 12, 2019
I wanna learn how to write articles. I need a mentor.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2019
smarthken:
I wanna learn how to write articles. I need a mentor.

Contact me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by Jesuferanmi1: 11:46am On Nov 12, 2019
ladywriter:

Contact me.
please how can i contact you? I sent u a message since june at virtualassistprof@gmail.com , no reply

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by ladywriter(f): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
Jesuferanmi1:

please how can i contact you?
I sent u a message since june at virtualassistprof@gmail.com , no reply

Yes, you can. Sorry about that. I must have missed it.
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by wany(f): 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
ladywriter:

2. Learn how to do SEO
5. Follow the experts

Blessings!

Nne, weldone and much respect,I celebrate you.i have followed you for 3years,truelly consistency and persistency is bue .the sky is not even your limit , am also on something online which i no i will some day get there too,though you have really fueled me,thank you and more grease to you.
Shallom

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by sonature1: 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ladywriter, I have never met you before.

But your post on Nairaland gave me sleepless nights for years until I quit my job.

Yes, it was about how you got your first car from writing.

I took the bold step in November 2017.

Two years later, my life has changed for good.

I now write for American companies with my Nigerian names on their websites.

The day I will see you, I will buy you a drink...not just any drink but a bottle of Hennessy

May God bless you for me!

Mynd44, please move this to front page to inspire others.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Olive Trees Grown In Nigeria? / CBN Grants Manufacturers Access To $660m / Divide Among Banks Widens As Small Lenders Face Cash Crunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.